PDA

View Full Version : I had to mute Herbsqueak after the first 5 minutes.

picasso
10/8/2011, 12:55 PM
Seriously, that was some blatant Texas nut swingin' there.

Memtig14
10/8/2011, 01:01 PM
No sh*t!

oumartin
10/8/2011, 01:03 PM
I was listening but what they say very seldom registers in my brain.. Sometimes being simple has its advantages.

soonerinabilene
10/8/2011, 01:25 PM
Herbie has been extremely pro-ou this entire game... Mushburger on the other hand...

BB37
10/8/2011, 03:03 PM
I just watch the screen and listen to Toby.

Jack T.
10/8/2011, 03:10 PM

Yup. Helps my blood pressure.

SoonerMom2
10/8/2011, 04:05 PM
I muted mushburger right away -- cannot stand him.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/8/2011, 04:10 PM
I'm no fan of Kirk either, but when Mushburger was talking, early in the third quarter, I believe, about Texas self-destructing, Kirk at least had the decency to point out that OU might have had something to do with that.

BM made it sound like we were just standing around watching Texas's pratfalls.

Okie35
10/8/2011, 04:13 PM
I'm no fan of Kirk either, but when Mushburger was talking, early in the third quarter, I believe, about Texas self-destructing, Kirk at least had the decency to point out that OU might have had something to do with that.

Yea, BM was pretty bad talking about the youth, youth, youth. I don't like Lou Holth-shh either. Lou is anti-OU.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/8/2011, 04:18 PM
The really funny thing that happened at my house was either right before the first half ended or just after (I'm 9/10ths of the way to Drunkytown, so bear with me), the camera shot to BM and Mr. Gal said, "What does Texas have to do...." and in the next instant BM said, "What does Texas have to do..." and I nearly fell off the couch laughing. And I was only 1/10th of the way to Drunkytown at that time. Classic!

PS Even more so since Mr Gal is not Sooner Born and Sooner Bred. He was a San Diego State fan before I held the intervention.

picasso
10/8/2011, 08:09 PM
Musberger has a history of giving OU their due in respect to what we've done on the field. Herbie on the other hand could not stop talking about how impressive it was that UT held OU to two early field goals.
It was some fine assed LHN/ESPN journalism alright Mr. puffy eyebrows.

bluedogok
10/8/2011, 08:26 PM
I have long since given up listening to the national game broadcast, I listen to the OU broadcast on Sirius and then sync my DVR with the game. I find that to be much easier than listening to the other guys.

kiomanche
10/8/2011, 08:39 PM
Kirk was sickening today, how many times did that Knucklehead say True Freshman? he was making excuses through out the whole damn game!

badger
10/8/2011, 08:44 PM
They were kind of pro UT early on, but they had to be to make it seem like whorn had a chance. They might as well have been begging 'please don't change the channel, we promise we'll give the inside scoop on usa prime credit peggy soon!'

They were all OU in the second half when the game was outta hand. Nothing left to do at that point, because their Nielsens were telling them that UT had already tuned out, heh.

rainiersooner
10/8/2011, 10:58 PM
Sorry but disagree with ya'll...first of all BM had some great lines: "Bevo can't watch"; "Red River Rout", etc. Also, I've found Herbie to be one of the more reliably neutral observers out there...he gives us our due when we deserve it and today he was (by the third quarter) making it very clear that no one should overlook our D and generally giving huge props to the team. FWIW, I will take those guys over the inept clowns on Fox any day. Just my opinion.

jumperstop
10/8/2011, 11:38 PM

Yea, BM was pretty bad talking about the youth, youth, youth. I don't like Lou Holth-shh either. Lou is anti-OU.

Lou just said that he thinks OU is the best team and is the one team he wouldn't want to play right now.

unbiasedtruth
10/9/2011, 12:01 AM
if it wasn't for brent and herbie, mainly brent, I wouldn't have known that Case McCoy and Jaxson Shipley had older brothers that played for * a couple of years ago..... :tickled_pink:

btb916
10/9/2011, 12:16 AM
They were kind of pro UT early on, but they had to be to make it seem like whorn had a chance. They might as well have been begging 'please don't change the channel, we promise we'll give the inside scoop on usa prime credit peggy soon!'

They were all OU in the second half when the game was outta hand. Nothing left to do at that point, because their Nielsens were telling them that UT had already tuned out, heh.

Ahahahaha. That was such a lame "scoop."

I like them both. They praised OU all day...some of y'all have tin foil caps on your heads, ranting about bias...the only thing I didn't like was the LHN shill, but hey...ESPN has the right to pimp their own products. And why shouldn't they?

Sooner02
10/9/2011, 12:43 AM
They were almost unbearable today. I think they just wanted to make it seem like a more competitive game at the beginning. Herbstreit would not stop talking about holding us to two field goals early on, like that was some enormous victory for texas.

Sooner95
10/9/2011, 12:48 AM
Holding us to 2 FG's early was an enormous victory for them..otherwise we would have hung 70 on them..lol

kevpks
10/9/2011, 12:50 AM
I for one am glad that the announcers kept pointing out that Texas has so many freshman and sophomores. Those guys suck and I'm glad that is what Texas will be throwing out there every October.

budbarrybob
10/9/2011, 08:32 AM
I thought they did a decent jorb. They tend to sensationalize every moment. But BM did have the funny one about [sic] "bevo not even being able to watch", Red River Bloodbath

mhackl
10/9/2011, 08:41 AM
Sorry but disagree with ya'll...first of all BM had some great lines: "Bevo can't watch"; "Red River Rout", etc. Also, I've found Herbie to be one of the more reliably neutral observers out there...he gives us our due when we deserve it and today he was (by the third quarter) making it very clear that no one should overlook our D and generally giving huge props to the team. FWIW, I will take those guys over the inept clowns on Fox any day. Just my opinion.

I agree

oudivesherpa
10/9/2011, 10:13 AM

Is it just me or is the TV on delay? Toby will call the play and then it will happen on TV.

OUmillenium
10/9/2011, 10:24 AM
i muted a few times today. getting where i do this more and more, not just w herb/mus. musberger dropped some good ones..."its a red river bloodbath!"

badger
10/9/2011, 10:25 AM
Again, I know they were trying to make whorn sound good in the first half, but I really truly think its because they didn't think that they thought bevo stood a chance against us so they needed to make the audience think it was going to be a game. When it was well in hand, they were singing OU's praises and telling the SEC voters to give OU a chance at the top of the polls also.

oumartin
10/9/2011, 10:36 AM
I think the only thing I listened to them talk about today was when they were referencing Woody Hayes going for two cuz he couldn't go for three after a touchdown.. I liked.

well and something about someone being an algebra teacher.

SoonerofAlabama
10/9/2011, 10:43 AM
I think the only thing I listened to them talk about today was when they were referencing Woody Hayes going for two cuz he couldn't go for three after a touchdown.. I liked.

well and something about someone being an algebra teacher.

That was Peggy, from the Discover Card commercial.

Piware
10/9/2011, 12:54 PM
Herbie has been extremely pro-ou this entire game... Mushburger on the other hand...

Seems that when we play a big game, we are cursed with Herbie and Mush Brentberger. It's torture! Oh yeah, and did you know there is a FB page called "I Hate Brent Mussberger". Guess we are not the only ones that wish he would retire...or simply go away.

Sooner_Tuf
10/9/2011, 01:06 PM
Mussberger seems to me to be like a lawn sprinkler hooked to a septic pump that never shuts off. He just spews and spews and spews ...

cleller
10/9/2011, 01:07 PM
Shoot, they have to keep the Texas fans happy, too. Have to look for positives on both sides, then soothe the wounds of the disappointed. They were OK by me, especially BM's "woodshed" and "Bevo" jabs.