PDA

View Full Version : Jamarcus McFarland

BigJerm7
10/7/2011, 03:35 PM
Not very often do the DL's get much attention. Just wanted to bring up that I think this will be a special game for Jamarcus. Especially considering all the BS that Texas threw at him when trying to recruit him. I hope he gets the first sack on whoever is playing QB.

cccasooner2
10/7/2011, 03:48 PM
I love the D-line this year. IMHO, the LB play needs to be more consistent though.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/7/2011, 03:49 PM
DT play is going to be important, but i think Casey Walker and which version of him shows up is the most key...Whoever is matched up against Snow should be able to push him around some..

badger
10/7/2011, 04:07 PM
Not very often do the DL's get much attention. Just wanted to bring up that I think this will be a special game for Jamarcus. Especially considering all the BS that Texas threw at him when trying to recruit him. I hope he gets the first sack on whoever is playing QB.

In case anyone missed it, Linky (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/26/sports/ncaafootball/26recruit.html?pagewanted=3&_r=1&ref=sports).

It pretty much gives the ho-hum to any whorn that ever accused the Sooners of cheating more than any program. Anyone that's not blind can see that the money free flows from alumni and boosters to athletes regularly.

CowboyMRW
10/7/2011, 10:17 PM
Not to stir the pot or anything, but I thought I read somewhere else that Jamarcus was lying about the Texas recruitment. I thought that he said he made the whole thing up. If wrong, I apologize, but I recall seeing this somewhere.

badger
10/8/2011, 07:47 AM
Not to stir the pot or anything, but I thought I read somewhere else that Jamarcus was lying about the Texas recruitment. I thought that he said he made the whole thing up. If wrong, I apologize, but I recall seeing this somewhere.

Yeah, he wasn't happy that the term paper was made public and tried to save face a little, but I think its well known that Texas recruiting is shady recruiting.

BigJerm7
10/8/2011, 01:06 PM
Good call on Casey Walker.

Sooner70
10/8/2011, 02:52 PM
Saw him limping on sidelines late in game, after his pass deflection. Is he OK?

He's a force on the defense. I think teams have to double up on him a lot, which allows DE's to make some spectacular plays. Pls. post any upates on his condition.