PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have a relative that is in the military?

soonerfromgeorgia
10/7/2011, 07:33 AM
How many of these have been deployed and made it back home safe? If you knew what I did for a living you might would change your attitude towards me, but then again you might not because some of you are straight up jerks.

If your son, daughter, brother, sister made it back safe I might have had a small part in that happening since I'm in the business, I spend 4 days a week on bases helping increase the odds of our troops making it home safely.

I don't need a cookie or a atta-boy, just saying think before you bash folks because he or she might have helped your family without you knowing it.

yermom
10/7/2011, 07:36 AM
it sure sounds like you want a cookie.

WildBlueSooner
10/7/2011, 07:42 AM
I am in the military. I have deployed. No cookie for you!

3rdgensooner
10/7/2011, 07:45 AM
You need a hug?

soonerfromgeorgia
10/7/2011, 07:53 AM
I don't need anything, I'm good where I'm at.

soonerfromgeorgia
10/7/2011, 07:55 AM
I am in the military. I have deployed. No cookie for you!

And I respect you for serving our country, thank you!

ruf/nekdad
10/7/2011, 08:24 AM
Been in the military, currently an military explosives/weapons inspector, yada yada. Its not uncommon. Just do it and don't go around asking for cookies.

CrimsonRez
10/7/2011, 08:26 AM
we're in the business of not getting recognition...get used to it bud.

jk the sooner fan
10/7/2011, 08:27 AM
i have no military experience, but appreciate those that serve!

Lott's Bandana
10/7/2011, 08:29 AM
I want all of you to know that I drive around all day and spend my time not hitting pedestrians. Therefore, you all should give me a cookie for not running over your Aunts and Cousins and dogs.

Seriously, SoonerGA - don't take things so personal. You are just a username on an innerwebs board and people don't slam you because of who you are or what you do, they just think some of the things you post are worth responding to...roll with it.

Unless you show up at a tailgate and show everyone that you might actually really be a doosh, like I did, then just enjoy the anonymity <-spelling win! and get comfortable.

Truth is, nobody really cares, just strive for posting greatness...or not.

fin

(EDIT: I deployed 15 times in a 20 year career)

badger
10/7/2011, 08:31 AM
How many of these have been deployed and made it back home safe? If you knew what I did for a living you might would change your attitude towards me, but then again you might not because some of you are straight up jerks.

If your son, daughter, brother, sister made it back safe I might have had a small part in that happening since I'm in the business, I spend 4 days a week on bases helping increase the odds of our troops making it home safely.

Lighten up, man! It's OU football season. We're winning every game. We're one of the best (if not THE best) team in the country and with the exception of occasional lurking opposing fans, everyone here loves the Sooners.

Why can't that be good enough for you? Why do you have to rub people the wrong way? Why do you have to sound bitter and angry in the midst of such a good season? Why can't your bad comments be reserved for the opponents (like this week's one)? Why did you have to give everyone the finger last time you were here that warranted a one-day ban?

Settle down and enjoy yourself! There are plenty of fanbases that would die to be in this board's shoes, where the biggest worry is whether Mizzou will up and leave like A&M and we'll be stuck with Tulane.

And I have family members that have been deployed and have made it home safe. Like Rez says, they're used to not getting recognized, but I know they appreciate it when they are... so thank you :)

King Barry's Back
10/7/2011, 08:33 AM
I'm a defense contractor. I'll give you a cookie, if I had one.

Mississippi Sooner
10/7/2011, 08:39 AM
I'm a decorated veteran of the Drug War.

C&CDean
10/7/2011, 08:41 AM
I am in Dallas wearing on OU shirt and OU flip flops.

ruf/nekdad
10/7/2011, 08:42 AM
And we thank you two for your sacrifice and serving. :)

Lott's Bandana
10/7/2011, 08:49 AM
I am in Dallas wearing on OU shirt and OU flip flops.

That's it?

I hope it is a long OU shirt.

ruf/nekdad
10/7/2011, 08:58 AM
I'm a decorated veteran of the Drug War.
Which side did you fight on?

KantoSooner
10/7/2011, 09:03 AM
Apparently I missed something. did someone say something nasty to soonerinGA? Anyway, may the cookie fairy distribute cookies all 'round.

SoonerTerry
10/7/2011, 09:11 AM
.... oh sorry, someone said there was a football discussion going on here..... my bad

stoops the eternal pimp
10/7/2011, 09:14 AM