PDA

View Full Version : Thank you God! (The new VK baby edition)

8timechamps
10/6/2011, 09:17 PM
For giving me two boys instead of a girl (or two girls). It's bad enough that I'm so easily steamrolled by my boys...I would never have made it with a girl. She would have ended up locked in the basement until she was 30.

How do you guys (with daughters) do it? I respect you all!!!

(BTW, It goes without saying that the mom's are respected...as they usually do most of the work :) ).

Sooner Mommy
10/7/2011, 11:28 AM
I have 3 girls (ages 12, 8, and 3). I am flabbergasted by the number of people who think that girls are dainty, quiet, and somehow more easily handled than boys. I will put my girls up against any rough & tumble boys anytime. But they know how to employ their girlish charms - it works on their daddy, but mommy is onto them:smug:

TUSooner
10/7/2011, 12:59 PM
I have 3 girls (ages 12, 8, and 3). I am flabbergasted by the number of people who think that girls are dainty, quiet, and somehow more easily handled than boys. I will put my girls up against any rough & tumble boys anytime. But they know how to employ their girlish charms - it works on their daddy, but mommy is onto them:smug:

This^^^ !!!! I have 2, ages 22 and almost 20. They're nobodys pushovers, and they own me.

sooner_born_1960
10/7/2011, 01:02 PM
18 and 16 here. I agree with the previous two posters.

8timechamps
10/7/2011, 01:24 PM

That's why I'm glad I have boys (Although, secretly would have loved a girl). If my boys can find my weakness, a girl would have found it and exploited it in a major way.

Okla-homey
10/7/2011, 04:05 PM
All I know is this, because we think we did a pretty good job with our daughter who never gave us any trouble, is a college graduate and happily married.

You raise them so that they respect themselves. You also show them you respect their mother. The key is to be the best example you can be of a father and husband. That way, it gets burned into their hard drive when they're young. That way, they're far less likely to fall for some dillweed, stoner, drunk, wimp or other species of loser. And make sure they are well-educated and can support themselves if necessary. You do not want to raise a young woman who must rely on anyone else. That in and of itself will help keep her from becoming too attached to some jackhole who doesn't treat her the way she deserves.

Just remember. A daughter won't always remember what you said, but she will always remember how you made her feel. You want her to feel that she has worth, that what she thinks matters, and that no one has the right to treat her as anything other than an equal.

I have no advice for single moms raising daughters. They are probably at a profound disadvantage in that their daughter has no example of what a husband and father should be.

KantoSooner
10/7/2011, 04:25 PM
One daughter, going on 20.
Ditto to all above.
I told her just this morning that her mother and I (divorced) had made the best pledge in the world when we promised to never fight over her (daughter) and to put her interests at heart. She was even getting a bit emotional when I then told her that we'd solemnly agreed that our biggest mistake was not beating her more. (as though we ever did)

Yep, she's my kid: she laughed.

PS: the drama is getting better. She's dumped the unemployed, illegal alien Venezuelan bodybuilder/salsa dancer for an Airforce brat who just enrolled at North Texas. And for those who'd complain, reread the former. When raising girls, you take what the defense gives you.