PDA

View Full Version : Mark May doesn't get a lot of love here but . . .

Jacie
10/6/2011, 07:38 PM
. . . he dissed sa*et pretty good on College Football Live tonight.

They showed video of the whorns doing a tackling drill and it went on about how it toughened them up from last year, yadda yadda yadda. In the video, a wide receiver would stand sideways and a linebacker would hit the guy, wrap him up and take him down . . . except down was onto one of those oversized mats. Mark May couldn't stand it and called them out on it saying they should be landing on the ground not on a mat and wished he could coach the sa*et "D" for one day to show em how it's done.

cleller
10/6/2011, 08:13 PM
At least he is not sucking Tejas' sweating testes.

CBUS_SOONER
10/6/2011, 08:19 PM
Fuk texass

85sooners
10/6/2011, 08:28 PM
phuck u^^

CBUS_SOONER
10/6/2011, 08:31 PM
me?

8timechamps
10/6/2011, 08:32 PM
Mark May doesn't get a lot of love anywhere (except maybe a Pitt board). Mostly because he loves to talk about what/how/when he did it. In this case, I think he's got a point...however, I want to encourage texas to continue their "soft" tackle drill...maybe even throw in a mattress.

8timechamps
10/6/2011, 08:33 PM
me?

I think he was saying "Phuck the horns".

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2011, 08:36 PM
He's an ESPN character actor...It doesn't matter what he says, he's a dooshcopter

Okie35
10/6/2011, 08:36 PM
Also f*ck Craig James and Jesse Palmer, saying oh Texas is hungrier. Makes NO sense.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2011, 08:38 PM
OU is just playing for the memory of a fallen teammate and a possible BCS championship, of course texas is hungrier...I don't know what any of those guys say except what posters post here..and that is enough to realize that network isn't for me

8timechamps
10/6/2011, 08:40 PM
Also f*ck Craig James and Jesse Palmer, saying oh Texas is hungrier. Makes NO sense.

I'm pretty sure I just heard Palmer say "Texas has really proven themselves this year" (or something very similar)...WTF? Do these guys just regurgitate that same bull**** every time they mention a team...it doesn't seem to matter who they are talking about, as they clearly aren't talking about texas...unless Palmer is just that dumb...oh, wait...

3rdgensooner
10/6/2011, 08:41 PM
Also f*ck Craig James and Jesse Palmer, saying oh Texas is hungrier. Makes NO sense.Have they stopped feeding them?

OUbasketball4life
10/6/2011, 08:43 PM
I'm not a coach by any means, but I saw that segment and I was thinking to myself what good is it to practice tackling a still man? Made no sense to me, I'm pretty sure during a game there wont be any receivers or running backs standing still waiting for you to tackle them. Somebody should show them how to do the OKLAHOMA DRILL!

Okie35
10/6/2011, 08:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I just heard Palmer say "Texas has really proven themselves this year" (or something very similar)...WTF? Do these guys just regurgitate that same bull**** every time they mention a team...it doesn't seem to matter who they are talking about, as they clearly aren't talking about texas...unless Palmer is just that dumb...oh, wait...

I really don't get it. I guess they do need to sell the games since its on an ESPN affiliated network but they're laying it on a bit much.

8timechamps
10/6/2011, 08:47 PM
I'm not a coach by any means, but I saw that segment and I was thinking to myself what good is it to practice tackling a still man? Made no sense to me, I'm pretty sure during a game there wont be any receivers or running backs standing still waiting for you to tackle them. Somebody should show them how to do the OKLAHOMA DRILL!

I used a "still man" tackle drill when I coached my son's 2nd grade team, and they were all first year players. I can't imagine its teaching anything. But hey, UT is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to a coach that decided that was the perfect drill. I really can't wait til Saturday!

SoonerMom2
10/6/2011, 09:00 PM
I put Palmer and James on mute as I couldn't stand their hype of TX. I cannot stand James even a little. This is one of the worst announcing crews on ESPN.

soonerboomer93
10/6/2011, 09:02 PM
Hey have the ****ing MLB game audio on here, good to know I am not the only one laughing at that footage.

VA Sooner
10/6/2011, 09:07 PM
Lots of boasting and ranting/raving by May... he gets it right half the time but the rest... unlucky, ehh?

I'm not sure if he's really doing the analyzing... I think he's fed the stats and lines and not watching the action like Herbstreit or Zemek or Phil Steele (pompous... but damn he's good).

8timechamps
10/6/2011, 09:09 PM
Hey have the ****ing MLB game audio on here, good to know I am not the only one laughing at that footage.

OOOoooo, good idea!

8timechamps
10/6/2011, 09:10 PM
I put Palmer and James on mute as I couldn't stand their hype of TX. I cannot stand James even a little. This is one of the worst announcing crews on ESPN.

Reece Davis has grown on me. He seems to actually think before he opens his pie hole. It would suck to be him though.

Wishboned
10/6/2011, 09:27 PM
Have they stopped feeding them?

I hope not. Because lifting weights without the proper nutrition just doesn't do any good.

3rdgensooner
10/6/2011, 09:29 PM
I hope not. Because lifting weights without the proper nutrition just doesn't do any good.THEY'VE BEEN LIFTING WEIGHTS?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!11!!

AlboSooner
10/6/2011, 09:31 PM
I remember a time when we used to get bent out of shape over what Mark May and Trev Alberts used to say about OU. Man, those were the days.

SoonerAtKU
10/7/2011, 09:43 AM
I used a "still man" tackle drill when I coached my son's 2nd grade team, and they were all first year players. I can't imagine its teaching anything. But hey, UT is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to a coach that decided that was the perfect drill. I really can't wait til Saturday!

The only thing I can think of is that they're planning on throwing 20-30 bubble screens and they want their wideouts to not be afraid of Jefferson cutting them in half. On a related note, maybe this is why Blake Gideon keeps taking bad angles into tackles. He's expecting the other team to stay still, silly.

Clever Trevor
10/7/2011, 10:21 AM
I remember a time when we used to get bent out of shape over what Mark May and Trev Alberts used to say about OU. Man, those were the days.

Oh, I just knew it, you guys really do miss me!:victorious:

SoonerNomad
10/7/2011, 10:31 AM
I heard May say yesterday that the Sooners have the easiest path to the national title game because we have a "one game season" with the OSU game being the one. I couldn't have disagreed more. I believe there will be numerous challenges along the line beginning tomorrow.

NormanPride
10/7/2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah I'd say we have the hardest of the top guys out there. Bama and LSU just have to play each other. Stanford just has Oregon, and Wisconsin has absolutely nothing left.

3rdgensooner
10/7/2011, 10:51 AM
The KSU Mizzou game should be interesting tomorrow.

TMcGee86
10/7/2011, 11:16 AM

Yeah I said the same thing last week when they first aired the clip. Not only did the drill not make any sense, the whole point of the segment was how Texas has a new toughness and how things were different now.

The problem was:

1) the drill was the stupidest drill evar, the WR was standing still and they basically fall together lovingly onto a huge bed;

and

2) the coach for the drill was the only assistant they didn't fire on the defense last year.

In summation, nothing's changed, Texas is still suck.

badger
10/7/2011, 11:31 AM
To Marky's credit, last night Lou Holth said that he expected three teams to be undefeated - Wisky, the winner of LSU/Bama and Bois Estate... and Mark immediately asked "Not Oklahoma?" and Lou said "No." Then Lou named his three Heisman finalists and didn't say Landry, while Mark did.

Perhaps its time to hate on Dr. Lou again :mad:

Okie35
10/7/2011, 12:28 PM
To Marky's credit, last night Lou Holth said that he expected three teams to be undefeated - Wisky, the winner of LSU/Bama and Bois Estate... and Mark immediately asked "Not Oklahoma?" and Lou said "No." Then Lou named his three Heisman finalists and didn't say Landry, while Mark did.

Perhaps its time to hate on Dr. Lou again :mad:

Lou's been going against OU lately when it comes to *

badger
10/7/2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah I'd say we have the hardest of the top guys out there. Bama and LSU just have to play each other. Stanford just has Oregon, and Wisconsin has absolutely nothing left.

There are actually three undefeated teams in the Big Ten left: Wisky, Illini and Meatchicken.

I 100 percent think that both Illini and Meatchicken will fetal position before long (and I will of course be back with a lovely meltdown post from one of their boards when that time comes), but I also fully expect Wisconsin to tank one game.

Because they always do.

I'm a badger. I know Badgers, and Badgers tank at least one game per season.

To illustrate this tanking, here is a diagram of a badger and a tank:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs48/i/2009/209/2/0/BADGER_TANK_by_ditto9.jpg

See? Fail written all over it. Badger doooooooom ;)

3rdgensooner
10/7/2011, 12:32 PM
Lou apologized to the Sooners and their fans after he gave us no credit going into the FSU game. I hope he's equally wrong on this point.

Jacie
10/7/2011, 02:54 PM
Lou apologized to the Sooners and their fans after he gave us no credit going into the FSU game. I hope he's equally wrong on this point.

Some former coaches who wind up working for a network let their memories influence opinions of teams today. Lou is one of those. FSU has been respectable versus Notre Dame so in Lou's mind, they are a formidable team. Oklahoma has a lousy record versus the irish so they get little respect from him.

badger
10/7/2011, 03:12 PM

I remember that. Let's postpone the Lou hate for now :)

8timechamps
10/7/2011, 06:07 PM
Lou did say one thing positive about the Sooners last night. He said something to the effect of "OU's defense is better than people thing, they are getting overlooked".

I like Lou, just because it makes me laugh when he starts to laugh.