PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Bowl Seating

BermudaSooner
10/6/2011, 02:08 PM
Does anybody know how many seats are in a row at the Cotton Bowl? I have Section 6 tickets--so 50 yard line, seats 9-13, so just wondering if seat 14 is a Longhorn seat.

humblesooner
10/6/2011, 02:12 PM
You are getting close. I can't imagine there are more than about 28-32 on a row.

badger
10/6/2011, 02:15 PM
Trying to figure out how to distribute tickets so you get the middlemost one, eh?

Another poster had that issue last year and my advice was tell them beforehand that you get the best seat, regardless of what the number on the ticket you hand them says as the ticket distributor :)

BermudaSooner
10/7/2011, 08:03 AM
Trying to figure out how to distribute tickets so you get the middlemost one, eh?

Another poster had that issue last year and my advice was tell them beforehand that you get the best seat, regardless of what the number on the ticket you hand them says as the ticket distributor :)

Yes, you caught me...although I'm guessing that the numbers have to start with 1 on the OU side and go up...so if there are 26 seats, then I'm next to a longhorn if I'm in seat 13.

salth2o
10/7/2011, 08:11 AM
You should sit in seat 9.

http://www.2-tickets.com/venues/CottonBowl_all.GIF

DCsooner22
10/7/2011, 08:15 AM
Yes, you caught me...although I'm guessing that the numbers have to start with 1 on the OU side and go up...so if there are 26 seats, then I'm next to a longhorn if I'm in seat 13.

This happened to me one year - a year that we lost, no less. I can't remember my exact seat number, but there was a 2-seat "neutral zone" all the way up, with a sooner on one side and a horn on the other. After the neutral zone, the jeering and sh!t-talking became increasingly bolder and louder. I had to sit calmly next to my "horn buddy," be civil and try to shush my idiot friends who couldn't keep their big mouths shut and hope that I was not an innocent bystander in a brawl.

Happily, all turned out well, with the big exception that we lost the game.

Damn I sure hate burnt orange. It's simply not flattering.... And, for some reason, it always smells bad...