PDA

View Full Version : RIP Steve Jobs

soonerinabilene
10/5/2011, 06:42 PM
Apple just announced his death.

DYNOMITE
10/5/2011, 06:48 PM
Yup, not a fan boy but the guy was innovative.

AlboSooner
10/5/2011, 06:58 PM
Terrible news. RIP

8timechamps
10/5/2011, 08:06 PM
Crazy.

He's probably the greatest visionary of my lifetime...at least technologically.

C&CDean
10/5/2011, 08:33 PM
I remember reading about his cocaine habit way back when Apple was first getting started. 8-balls every couple hours. He's lucky he lived this long. RIP.

47straight
10/5/2011, 08:49 PM
I wonder if he ever paid Wozniak for the money he defrauded him out of for the Atari game Breakout.

marfacowboy
10/5/2011, 09:45 PM
I never could get past how he abandoned his child and left the mother on welfare. As I recall, he didn't acknowledge it until he was forced by DNA evidence. I just have zero respect for people that abandon their kids. I suppose I could be wrong, but I believe that was uncontested on his part.

Lott's Bandana
10/5/2011, 10:15 PM
Bummed. As historic a figure as Carnegie, Rockefeller.

hawaii 5-0
10/6/2011, 01:04 AM
Haters will be haters.

I'll miss him tho. His inventions have made me a lot of $$$$.

5-0

C&CDean
10/6/2011, 08:35 AM
Haters will be haters.

I'll miss him tho. His inventions have made me a lot of $$$$.

5-0

I'm fairly confident they weren't "his inventions." His company's perhaps. His, prolly not. RIP and all, but he's just another dead man - no more loved than the thousands of other men who died yesterday. More popular, yes.

Mississippi Sooner
10/6/2011, 08:45 AM
Steve was never an inventor, as such. The technical part was Wozniak's at first, and then all the young nerds that he brought into Apple. Steve was, by most accounts, a first class a-hole with no social skills and no real regard for anyone but himself. Yes, he abandoned his daughter, Lisa, but he did name one of Apple's early computers after her, so I guess he thought that made up for it. He also drove his employees mercilessly and wasn't above pitting them against each other in order to get the most out of them.

But, he was a visionary and a genius when it came to business. It was he who built the company into what it became in the 1980s, and then came back in the late 90s and resurrected it when it was on the brink of collapse. He even had the foresight to turn to Bill Gates for help, even though to the Apple folks that was like making a deal with the devil. Above all else, the man knew what would sell and how to sell it. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Apple in the coming years without him.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2011, 09:04 AM
I thought about him this morning when I had to untangle my ear buds for the trillionth time

C&CDean
10/6/2011, 09:23 AM
I thought about him this morning when I had to untangle my ear buds for the trillionth time

I'll be your ear bud skull****er.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2011, 09:25 AM
As long as I get some soft hand action again..Farmer/Rancher my ***

sooneron
10/6/2011, 09:32 AM
Dean uses Nivea...

C&CDean
10/6/2011, 09:35 AM
step uses jizzia.

sooneron
10/6/2011, 09:35 AM
Oh, and RIP, Steve. I think it's more tragic that another life has been lost to the ****ing C word. A friend of mine is battling it and it is teh suck. I like his stuff that he makes, a lot. I think Cook will be a good replacement, but bummer on the timing of the no iphone 5 the other day.

sooneron
10/6/2011, 09:36 AM
step uses jizzia.

I hear that he strictly uses Mongo's...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2011, 09:41 AM
It smells fruity and caresses my skin...Who turned this thread gay? People are going to blame me, but I think it was Dean

Mississippi Sooner
10/6/2011, 11:37 AM
This just in: Westboro nutjobs announce that they are going to protest the Jobs funeral, and they made the announcement from an iPhone.

Westboro Baptist Church--best known for its reviled anti-gay protests of American soldiers' funerals--announced last night on Twitter that its members will be picketing the funeral of Apple founder Steve Jobs.

"He had a huge platform; gave God no glory & taught sin," Westboro leader Margie Phelps tweeted--from her iPhone.

Let's hope that Phelps has managed to resist her own iPhone's magical powers to "teach sin."

MR2-Sooner86
10/6/2011, 06:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/tobyt/westboro.jpg