PDA

View Full Version : 10/9: Sooners in the NFL!

badger
10/5/2011, 12:25 PM
I kind of kicked this off last week on MNF, but have decided to try again this week for every Sooner, not just ones in featured games!

So, I looked up which Sooners are currently in the NFL. Link (http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/o)

Next, we need to eliminate any teams that are on bye week this week, which are: Baltimore, Cleveland, Dallas, Miami, St. Louis, Washington

And then, I need to make sure they're active, not injured or not playing, so let's go through and do that now:

NOT playing:
CJ Ah You (injured wrist, bye)
Sam Bradford (bye)
Jamaal Brown (bye)
Chris Chester (bye)
Mark Clayton (injured, bye)
Garrett Hartley (out for the season)
Demarco Murray (bye)
Trent Williams (bye)

Playing:
Remi Ayodele: From ESPN: "The Vikings’ new nose tackle has started four games and doesn’t have a single tackle." Guess what the achievement is for THIS week :)
Quinton Carter: Averages one tackle per game in the four games he's played for Denver. Let's up the standards a bit and see if he can get two this next game against SD :)
Keenan Clayton: The Eagles linebacker has yet to sneak in for a sack. Hell, I'd take half a sack. Get a SACK (or a half), Keenan!
Brody Eldridge: I'm still holding out for this guy's first touchdown of the season. Come on, Brody! Help the hapless Colts! He also has an injured knee, but still played last Monday.
Dom Franks: I could find no info on why Dominique has not had any stats for the Falcons at CB this year yet. So... I will settle for ANY stat. Let's go with a tackle. Or an INT. Or a fumble recovery. I'm not picky, just get a number on your stat line, Dom!
Kelly Gregg: I just love this guy's mug shot. The KC defensive end has yet to record a sack this season, so let's go with a sack for Gregg this week :)
Jermaine Gresham: He picked up his second TD of the season last week. Let's try to get him his third this week when the Bungals take on the Jags.
Tommie Harris?!?!??! He got picked up by the Chargers! GO TOMMIE!!!!! Let's get extremely wishful and hope for his first stat to be something amazing -- a sack, a fumble recovery or even an INT. :D
Davin Joseph: Let's see if TB guard Davin and the rest of the Bucs o-line can hold the Niners sackless this Sunday.
Phil Loadholt: He's had issues this year unfortunately on the Vikes' o-line. How bout this: No false start penalties, Phil!
Curtis Lofton: Got an INT last week. Let's hope he does it again for Atlanta as the Falcons take on... GREEN BAY?!?!? Well, I won't hope for it, but if you choose to vBet you should :D
Gerald McCoy: He got his first sack of the season last week. I'll keep the pressure on and say "get second sack" this week against the Niners.
Adrian Peterson: Don't be silly, Adrian Peterson. Just... get a win. The Vikings need a win. Get them a win, their first win of the season. Win!
Brodney Pool: He had half a sack last week. Let's go for a full sack this week for the the Jets safety.
Reggie Smith: Had an INT for the Niners a few weeks ago. Let's see if he can get his season's second against Tampa.
Jimmy Wilkerson: No sacks yet. Will he get his first when the Seahawks take on the Giants? Hit Eli, Jimmy! :D

You have till noon Sunday to vBet. Remember --- you are essentially casting vVotes for events like this by vBetting, so if you want me to post more like this in the future, vBet on them!

cccasooner2
10/9/2011, 03:19 PM
Kaching!! :D

badger
10/9/2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah... but I'm happy for AD so I'm happy to vPay you all off on that one.

Now... expect a similar one for Sammie next week in his quest to get his Rams their first W.

I dunno how the rest did, but I do know at least one is playing in the late game tonight, so I can't vSettle till either late tonight or tomorrow, so expect payoff Monday morning on this.

badger
10/10/2011, 08:30 AM
Remi did indeed record his first tackle of the season!
Defensive Q had FIVE tackles!
No sack or half-sack for Keenan :(
No stats for Brody :(
Or Dom Franks :(
Kelly Gregg had four solo tackles... but no sacks :(
Jermaine totally had a TD!
Still no stats for Tommie... I wonder if he even played?
Davin and the Bucs had an absolutely awful game against the Niners and gave up 3 sacks :(
I can't find anything that tells me Viking penalties so I will just give that one to you
Curtis Lofton, nor any other Falcon, intercepted the Packers QB on Sunday night.
No sack for GK. :(
AD and the Vikes indeed won.
No Brodney sack :(
I don't think Jimmy played. :(

diegosooner
10/12/2011, 11:17 AM
next ...

badger
10/12/2011, 11:27 AM
It was craploads of work to put together last week's mega-list. There's a LOT of Sooner in the NFL now, yknow. :D

I will try to get something together in the next few days, promise. I also need to get the NFL games posted. If you have vCash, now would be a good time to vSpend it so you get in on the free vWelfare.

Q: Wait, what is vWelfare?

A: vWelfare is the 500 vCash your account will be reset to (and you retain all of the vBets you already made) if you have less than 500 vCash when I post a new vEvent, such as the NFL games.

Q: So I get to keep my crazy-high vBets AND get free vCash?

A: I call it vWelfare for a reason.