PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Boren, I guess we can hope to be Boise State-East

Sooner1972
10/4/2011, 10:29 PM
I can't take it any longer guys. I am absolutely fuming with Boren and our administration for their incompetence, and pray that our boosters and fan base will finally take a stand for the future of this great university.

While some have said that being passive and reactive is the way to go, I think that it is now obvious that our leadership has relegated us to becoming the new Boise State at best in a conference filled with undesirables and one domineering bully. David Boren has made us look like fools with the Pac 12 fiasco, and has idly sat in his tower as our 3rd-6th best members have all left/are leaving. We are now stuck in a conference with the biggest pricks in all of D1A, along with six schools that can't get in another conference. If Boren was trying to shun Texass, he actually gave them even more power over us as we are the only school in the country that is left to do their bidding, and are essentially the one thing that is allowing the LHN to continue at this point. I guess the end game now is to accept 2-4 more schools who couldn't get in any other conference, and just be happy with absolute mediocrity with Texass controlling a substantially worse stable of minions.

The new B12-4 + whatever will be the worst conference in both academics and athletics. I have heard a few on here say that it is great losing all of those schools because it makes our schedule even easier, and I could not disagree more if I tried. For starters, many top recruits will be completely turned off by the prospect of playing a season's worth of mediocre opponents in irrelevant games while the top conferences offer them far more excitement and recognition. And even if we do pull off the Boise strategy and get in the championship game, we won't have built up the tools that it takes to beat a real conference champion. Also, in terms of cheating, as Tear Down This Wall pointed out, "It is a fact that the Big 12 conference schools have had more NCAA infractions than any other conference in the past 10 years, and the Pac-12 had the most per capita." We have lost four great academic institutions as well.

Please reach out to the administration and let them know that their idleness and incompetence is not acceptable, and that we demand better for this great university.

Soonerus
10/4/2011, 10:35 PM
How do you really feel ???

GottaHavePride
10/4/2011, 10:38 PM
Yes. I demand we find someone who cold raise more than a puny 600+ million dollars for our University. David Boren is clearly incompetent. :rolleyes:

hawaii 5-0
10/4/2011, 10:40 PM
Time to go Independent?

5-0

picasso
10/4/2011, 10:41 PM
Yes. I demand we find someone who cold raise more than a puny 600+ million dollars for our University. David Boren is clearly incompetent. :rolleyes:
Yeah! And galldamn him for not getting us into that hillbilly f*** of a conference da S-E-C! Them sumbitches are fast!

Soonerus
10/4/2011, 10:44 PM
Thank goodness we are not in the SEC...

Sooner1972
10/4/2011, 10:50 PM
Thank goodness we are not in the SEC...

I know. A lifetime of playing IA State, Kansas, Baylor, K State, Tech, little brother, and Louisville in front of <40K per game is definitely where we want to be. All the while Texass can tell all of us losers how it is really supposed to be, and we'll be happy to listen. Maybe if we're lucky everyone else will turn down West Virginy so that they'll have to sign up and we can be linked with them along with the others academically forever as well. Yes!

Soonerus
10/4/2011, 10:52 PM
SEC is a sickness...

OU_Sooners75
10/4/2011, 10:55 PM
Stop your ****ing crying and grow a god damn pair of balls!

I havent heard this much crying and bitching since my daughter was in diapers!

Widescreen
10/4/2011, 11:06 PM
LOL.

GottaHavePride
10/4/2011, 11:10 PM
Classy guy. You accept mediocrity, and I don't. Simple as that. It's people like you who are the reason that we are where we are.

Um, the winningest football program since WWII? The university with the fastest-growing private endowment in the country?

Yeah. Pretty mediocre.

En_Fuego
10/4/2011, 11:11 PM
Pumpkin Pecan Pie is the bomb

FirstandGoal
10/4/2011, 11:13 PM
Mmmm, pie.

okie52
10/4/2011, 11:48 PM

Incompetent...no. Looked like a fool. Absolutely.

lank77
10/5/2011, 06:28 AM
As an OU Alum, I have never been more disappointed with how we handled this situation. I do not think we must stay linked to Texas and really after all of this mess, we should move on. If the PAC 12 rejected us due to academics then improve in that area, but I really want to detach from this unbalanced alliance with Texas. Smart moves by NE,TexAM, CO, and maybe MO. Best of luck to all of them. The Big 12 is now a 2d tier conference no matter how you spin it

C&CDean
10/5/2011, 06:45 AM
I think a whole lot of people actually believe what the media is telling them about this situation - and everything else for that matter.

A whole lot of people are stupid. Traber goes "Boren is an embarrassment" and a thousand of his troglodyte followers go "**** yeah!!" without having a clue about a damn thing.

I never have liked his politics, but David Boren is the best thing that has happened to OU since Bud. I moved to Oklahoma in 1991. The OU campus was a ****ing ghetto then. The football stadium was a POS with POS turf, the campus itself was falling apart, and a whole lot more. David Boren may have played a card he shouldn't have at a time he shouldn't have, but I believe when the dust settles, we'll be going "dang, that Boren is a wise, wise mofo."

In the meantime, the stupid people will whine like bitches. Meh.

MeMyself&Me
10/5/2011, 07:03 AM
In the meantime, the stupid people will whine like bitches. Meh.

There sure are a lot of stupid people on the Sooner boards these days.

C&CDean
10/5/2011, 07:06 AM
There sure are a lot of stupid people on the Sooner boards these days.

It's football season. Goes with the territory.

lexred
10/5/2011, 07:20 AM
I am just as frustrated as the next person abuot this situation. Instead of being able to enjoy a great season we are relegated to listening to a continual dose of realignment fever. Yes, the public statements of Boren make it look like egg on the face time, but, other then George Cross, David Boren is the best thing to happen to OU. Dr. Cross did not have to deal with realignment fever.

I think it is also a shame that greed is driving this ship and I have to ask how much is enough. The "new" Big 12 or ???? will be a shell of the former conference and football options, while attractive to many fans, would dramatically increase the budgets of other sports. I guess we just need to sit back and enjoy this year because it might be the last for OU football as we know it.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/5/2011, 07:43 AM
It didn't hurt Miami when they were in the pathetically weak Big East. And Bobby Bowden couldn't win an NC until he got into the pathetically weak ACC. Next.

Sooner_Tuf
10/5/2011, 07:51 AM
Comparing Oklahoma to Boise State doesn't exactly put you in the same group as Einstein.

El Dean, OU's campus is absolutely better today than it was twenty years ago. However it was never ****ing ghetto.

David Boren is one of the most accomplished Americans of our time. We are damn lucky he's an Oklahoman.

FirstandGoal
10/5/2011, 08:20 AM
Hey Badj, looks like we got another addition for your meltdown thread.

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2011, 08:22 AM
I hope we join the sunbelt

sooneredaco
10/5/2011, 08:31 AM
I say we go after New Mexico, New Mexico State, UTEP & Colorado State. We will be unstoppable in that kind of power conference!!! Plus Green Chiles and Skiing!

badger
10/5/2011, 08:33 AM
Hey Badj, looks like we got another addition for your meltdown thread.

:D

Only when the OU-Texas event overtakes the OU-Ball State event in terms of number of vBets! It's not even close yet. You people are vTightwads. :mad:

Oh, and Uncle Dave is an academic dude, not an athletics dude. When we stop being accredited, then get all angry. In the meantime, why are those that are upset not looking at the athletic side, as in, Joe Castiglione? Why Boren?

CBUS_SOONER
10/5/2011, 08:34 AM
I hope we beat *

Tear Down This Wall
10/5/2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah, we've really looking to improve our conference's "academic reputation" by losing three AAU members - A&M, Colorado, and Mizzou - and replacing them with the likes of Cincinnati, Louisville, Houston, BYU, etc.

Keep buying the bullsh*t, guys. Boren & Co. can pump it out faster than you can shovel it. The master politician can't even count votes when there are only a dozen to count. We replace proven academic institutions with riff-raff and you guys think it's a step up.

Well, don't look now, academic snobs, but once the SEC adds Mizzou it will have more AAU universities than the Big 12.

Laughable. Then, they'll not only have more of the blow hard academic baloney Boren supposedly craves, but will still trail the Big 12 in NCAA violations. So, for all of Boren's puff and blow, we'll still be in the most crooked conference with the added bonus of the one with the least supposed academic reputation among BCS AQs.

Wow, what a master this guy is! And, the competition will be weaker so that we'll be jerked around in the ridiculous BCS! It's the Trifecta of Stupidity!

kevpks
10/5/2011, 08:51 AM
I'm holding out hope that Boren gets the last laugh. This conference crap is far from over.

sooner_born_1960
10/5/2011, 08:52 AM
Because the Board of Regents authorized Boren, not Castiglione, to handle our conference affiliation?

Oops. I meant to quote Badger's previous post.

ouflak
10/5/2011, 08:57 AM

Who says he hasn't raised a lot of money for the university? I think no one.

Who says he is incompetent? I've never heard this with regards to anything other than the handling of realignment, and even then rarely, if ever.

Who says he has not carefully managed to guide OU athletics into a solid future of playing the best football in the country instead of possibly dooming the program to mediocraty, no matter how many wins we actually get? A lot of people. A LOT OF PEOPLE.

Tear Down This Wall
10/5/2011, 09:01 AM
DeLoss Dodds doesn't seem to need a Board of Regents to do what's right for his university's athletic department.

AD = athletics
President/BOR = academic baloney

What we did was put the cart before the horse. So, in Boren's wet dreams, maybe we get an invite to the Ivy League. Athletics means nothing now. Freakin' Mizzou is about to leapfrog us, for crying out loud!

When we're up playing the Crimson, Boren can sit and have tea and crumpets with his farty academic pals. Competitive football be damned! We all know the conferences are lining up to scoop up Rice and Tulane!

Bourbon St Sooner
10/5/2011, 09:21 AM
DeLoss Dodds doesn't seem to need a Board of Regents to do what's right for his university's athletic department.

AD = athletics
President/BOR = academic baloney

What we did was put the cart before the horse. So, in Boren's wet dreams, maybe we get an invite to the Ivy League. Athletics means nothing now. Freakin' Mizzou is about to leapfrog us, for crying out loud!

When we're up playing the Crimson, Boren can sit and have tea and crumpets with his farty academic pals. Competitive football be damned! We all know the conferences are lining up to scoop up Rice and Tulane!

1 down, 1 to go mods.

Some people need to hike up their skirts and get laid. Then maybe we won't have to listen to this incessant whining.

delhalew
10/5/2011, 09:36 AM
I would be fine with the SEC,but Wall...your posts whining about this stuff are getting TIRESOME

JLEW1818
10/5/2011, 09:41 AM
FIRE VENABLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soonerfan88
10/5/2011, 09:44 AM
Only when the OU-Texas event overtakes the OU-Ball State event in terms of number of vBets! It's not even close yet. You people are vTightwads. :mad:

Okay, I have finally made a vBet (2 actually). Now will you quit living up to your name and add these classics to the meltdown thread?!?! :offended:

delhalew
10/5/2011, 09:50 AM
Okay, I have finally made a vBet (2 actually). Now will you quit living up to your name and add these classics to the meltdown thread?!?! :offended:

I've vbet the vfarm...

Lott's Bandana
10/5/2011, 10:17 AM
Is Ronnell eligible?

SoonerBorn
10/5/2011, 10:20 AM
I guess the end game now is to accept 2-4 more schools who couldn't get in any other conference...

So, we'll only add independents to the Big [Whatever]?

badger
10/5/2011, 10:52 AM

Oh no worries... I am something extra special in mind for this extra special week as soon as you guys get to the milestone. :D

BUT... I'll throw you all a bone. I'll see if I can find what Va Tech said after their undefeated season went up in smoke at home to Clemp-sun. :P

OH! And... nothing's happened yet guys! Mizz is still in the Big 12. Remain calm and respawn!

Penguin
10/5/2011, 11:42 AM
I'm with Dean on this one. When you slam into an iceberg, just sit back and put the free ice on deck in your tea. We are unsinkable. The captain is one smart sumbitch and you stupid people getting on lifeboats just can't see the big picture.

badger
10/5/2011, 11:44 AM
I'm with Dean on this one. When you slam into an iceberg, just sit back and put the free ice on deck in your tea. We are unsinkable. The captain is one smart sumbitch and you stupid people getting on lifeboats just can't see the big picture.

You're just saying that because its WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST! Hahaha, men!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/5/2011, 12:10 PM
As an OU Alum, I have never been more disappointed with how we handled this situation. I do not think we must stay linked to Texas and really after all of this mess, we should move on. If the PAC 12 rejected us due to academics then improve in that area, but I really want to detach from this unbalanced alliance with Texas. Smart moves by NE,TexAM, CO, and maybe MO. Best of luck to all of them. The Big 12 is now a 2d tier conference no matter how you spin itI'm not really impressed with our including lOSUr with everything we do, either.

OUNASH
10/5/2011, 04:45 PM
To think that the likes of Louisville were in the Metro Conference 16 years ago and now the Big XII wants to add them to this great league of ours. PATHETIC. We are becoming a very weak conference. I would rather play an SEC schedule and take my chances than play little sisters of the poor every week.

soonercoop1
10/5/2011, 04:50 PM
If this was a ploy to save the conference, they are more incompetent than I thought....there are ZERO teams available that can replace the caliber of the teams we lost...time to get away from Texass when the conference inevitably collapses...so instead of kicking Texass out before we lost Neb, A&M, and Colo we are replacing them with BYU and Louisville...this has to be a huge joke because only incompetents would have reached that conclusion...

8timechamps
10/5/2011, 05:17 PM
Just know this thread is soon going to get merged to the BIG XII realignment thread at the top of the page.

Carry on...

Did someone mention pie?

10/5/2011, 05:22 PM
If this was a ploy to save the conference, they are more incompetent than I thought....there are ZERO teams available that can replace the caliber of the teams we lost...time to get away from Texass when the conference inevitably collapses...so instead of kicking Texass out before we lost Neb, A&M, and Colo we are replacing them with BYU and Louisville...this has to be a huge joke because only incompetents would have reached that conclusion...Sad, but most likely true!

northspeter
10/5/2011, 05:48 PM
just a quick point... louisville, cincinnatti, tcu and west virginia have made more BCS appearances than Colorado, Nebraska, A&M and Mizzou combined....

silverwheels
10/5/2011, 05:53 PM
just a quick point... louisville, cincinnati, tcu and west virginia have made more BCS appearances than Colorado, Nebraska, A&M and Mizzou combined....

True, but they also played weaker schedules.

Sooner98
10/5/2011, 05:58 PM
just a quick point... louisville, cincinnatti, tcu and west virginia have made more BCS appearances than Colorado, Nebraska, A&M and Mizzou combined....

That's because they didn't have OU and Texas in their conference.

TUSooner
10/5/2011, 06:04 PM
I can't take it any longer guys. I am absolutely fuming with Boren and our administration for their incompetence, and pray that our boosters and fan base will finally take a stand for the future of this great university.

While some have said that being passive and reactive is the way to go, I think that it is now obvious that our leadership has relegated us to becoming the new Boise State at best in a conference filled with undesirables and one domineering bully. David Boren has made us look like fools with the Pac 12 fiasco, and has idly sat in his tower as our 3rd-6th best members have all left/are leaving. We are now stuck in a conference with the biggest pricks in all of D1A, along with six schools that can't get in another conference. If Boren was trying to shun Texass, he actually gave them even more power over us as we are the only school in the country that is left to do their bidding, and are essentially the one thing that is allowing the LHN to continue at this point. I guess the end game now is to accept 2-4 more schools who couldn't get in any other conference, and just be happy with absolute mediocrity with Texass controlling a substantially worse stable of minions.

The new B12-4 + whatever will be the worst conference in both academics and athletics. I have heard a few on here say that it is great losing all of those schools because it makes our schedule even easier, and I could not disagree more if I tried. For starters, many top recruits will be completely turned off by the prospect of playing a season's worth of mediocre opponents in irrelevant games while the top conferences offer them far more excitement and recognition. And even if we do pull off the Boise strategy and get in the championship game, we won't have built up the tools that it takes to beat a real conference champion. Also, in terms of cheating, as Tear Down This Wall pointed out, "It is a fact that the Big 12 conference schools have had more NCAA infractions than any other conference in the past 10 years, and the Pac-12 had the most per capita." We have lost four great academic institutions as well.

Please reach out to the administration and let them know that their idleness and incompetence is not acceptable, and that we demand better for this great university.

My first thought was "That is one short-sighted, misinformed, misguided, misdirected, shallow, cry-baby rant." It was also my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th thoughts. I mean, that's lame and stupid. All you left out was "Boren shot Kennedy!!"

northspeter
10/5/2011, 06:05 PM
2 teams from a conference can go to the BCS... colorado, nebraska did it the same year... ou kstate did it the same year... ou texas did it the same year... just sayin they all had chances other than winning the league outright...

C&CDean
10/5/2011, 08:23 PM
I rest my case. God almighty, people are stupid.

C&CDean
10/5/2011, 08:24 PM
And in no way was my latest post directed at anyone in particular in this thread, just the mouth breathers who think that what the conference/OU's situation today = forever. Again, lots of people are stupid.

OUNASH
10/5/2011, 09:20 PM
And in no way was my latest post directed at anyone in particular in this thread, just the mouth breathers who think that what the conference/OU's situation today = forever. Again, lots of people are stupid.

Dean, you are right, nothing is forever, but why lower your standards until you get to where you want to be.

Peach Fuzz
10/5/2011, 09:52 PM
weird, I have a boise state ad on the side on the first page, and lhn on this page...

thecynic
10/5/2011, 10:26 PM
Is the Texas game going to be on TV?

3rdgensooner
10/5/2011, 10:27 PM
Comparing Oklahoma to Boise State doesn't exactly put you in the same group as Einstein.
No, clearly we can only hope to be them.

but Wall...your posts whining about this stuff are getting TIRESOMESeconded

Penguin
10/6/2011, 12:43 AM
At least we don't look like a wallflower. Oh, wait....

ouflak
10/6/2011, 02:04 AM
... just the mouth breathers who think that what the conference/OU's situation today = forever. Again, lots of people are stupid.

The current conference situation today is definitely not going to be forever. One bit of evidence for this is the fact that our own conference is falling apart around our feet, with some rather vain desperate hope of being maintained in a vastly weakened form. I think the mouth breathers are stupidly upset that we are apparently dead set on remaining in the weakest position in this situation, with the potential of never coming out of that position, while other teams around us are taking the opportunity to move on while the moving is good.

I think the stupid mouth breathers might have a point on this one.

10/6/2011, 02:42 AM
The current conference situation today is definitely not going to be forever. One bit of evidence for this is the fact that our own conference is falling apart around our feet, with some rather vain desperate hope of being maintained is a vastly weakened form. I think the mouth breathers are stupidly upset that we are apparently dead set on remaining in the weakest position in this situation, with the potential of never coming out of that position, while other teams around us are taking the opportunity to move on while the moving is good.

I think the stupid mouth breathers might have a point on this one.We aren't acting on our own. Instead, hoping to package up with whorn and orange aggy-2 of my 3 least favorite teams. The approach sorta leaves me cold.

GottaHavePride
10/6/2011, 07:54 AM
Heh. I still maintain my opinion that we have an offer on the table from someone, and that Boren is smart enough NOT to leak it to the media, and he's slow-playing this whole situation to our advantage to actually break us AWAY from OSU and Texas. The "gee, we tried everything we possibly could have to stick with them, but it just isn't possible right now. Sorry, T Boone, buy your own damn conference."

C&CDean
10/6/2011, 08:10 AM
Heh. I still maintain my opinion that we have an offer on the table from someone, and that Boren is smart enough NOT to leak it to the media, and he's slow-playing this whole situation to our advantage to actually break us AWAY from OSU and Texas. The "gee, we tried everything we possibly could have to stick with them, but it just isn't possible right now. Sorry, T Boone, buy your own damn conference."

Someone gets it.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2011, 08:10 AM
I get it

OULenexaman
10/6/2011, 08:54 AM
I think I get it....

3rdgensooner
10/6/2011, 09:34 AM
I get that the media doesn't get it.

ouflak
10/6/2011, 09:39 AM
I'll be happy to get it, if that's what to be gotten. Get it?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/6/2011, 09:45 AM
I prefer to whine and bitch because I know what's going on because twitter twit told me. And Boren's an idiot. Got it!

LiveLaughLove
10/6/2011, 09:50 AM

2 problems with this theory.

1. Boren is a politician. His family are politicians. He doesn't want to burn their bridges with a large chunk of Oklahoma constituency by splitting us from OSU.

2. Pickens is throwing money around the state legislature to prevent OU from separating from OSU.

Could we split from texas? Possibly.

Could we split from OSU? Nope. We are stuck now. Boren drug his feet early on and we missed our opportunity, I'm afraid.

badger
10/6/2011, 10:26 AM
We're gonna get got :(

Penguin
10/6/2011, 11:19 AM

The Emperor is wearing such beautiful clothes!

Tear Down This Wall
10/6/2011, 12:00 PM
We're gonna get got :(

TCU's in - we've been had.

wahoorob
10/6/2011, 12:18 PM
Oh yeah....now I remember why I quit hanging out and posting in these forums.

Yeah, we've really looking to improve our conference's "academic reputation" by losing three AAU members - A&M, Colorado, and Mizzou - and replacing them with the likes of Cincinnati, Louisville, Houston, BYU, etc.

Keep buying the bullsh*t, guys. Boren & Co. can pump it out faster than you can shovel it. The master politician can't even count votes when there are only a dozen to count. We replace proven academic institutions with riff-raff and you guys think it's a step up.

Well, don't look now, academic snobs, but once the SEC adds Mizzou it will have more AAU universities than the Big 12.

Laughable. Then, they'll not only have more of the blow hard academic baloney Boren supposedly craves, but will still trail the Big 12 in NCAA violations. So, for all of Boren's puff and blow, we'll still be in the most crooked conference with the added bonus of the one with the least supposed academic reputation among BCS AQs.

Wow, what a master this guy is! And, the competition will be weaker so that we'll be jerked around in the ridiculous BCS! It's the Trifecta of Stupidity!