PDA

View Full Version : Homeland (Not the Grocery Store)

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2011, 08:22 PM
Did anyone else catch this new show on Showtime? It looks to be fantastic and has me pretty-well intrigued. I can't see how this show can go beyond one season without them stretching the plot a little too thin.

En_Fuego
10/5/2011, 02:37 AM
I thought it was very good. She sure knows her finger signals...:fat:

ouleaf
10/11/2011, 04:25 PM
Finally watched the first two episodes i had on the DVR. Definitely an interesting concept. Not sure if it can be a long-time running series, but it was still able to draw me in. Kind of has a 24 type feel to it with the terrorism plots, but focuses much more on the supposed terrorist than the protagonist/hero like Jack Bauer. Think they did a good job casting Sgt. Brody to. That guy is probably what made me pay the most attention. Decent show so far. Hope it continues to get better.

Lott's Bandana
10/11/2011, 05:25 PM
Hmmmmm.

You like Glee too.

XingTheRubicon
10/12/2011, 02:30 PM
liked it so far

the picking out and nude interviewing of hot whores looks promising

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2011, 02:44 PM
liked it so far

the picking out and nude interviewing of hot whores looks promising
Yep, I enjoyed that also.

The only thing about this show is how careless these people are with information and secrets. I mean, this CIA agent has a freaking wall full of all the intelligence they have on this terrorist and her house doesn't even have an alarm system? Christ. If this were real life, I'd expect her to not only lose her job but possibly go to jail for displaying information like that. And then she's on an unsecured cell phone and starts talking about her asset. I have a hard time believing the real CIA would be that f'n stupid.

yermom
10/12/2011, 04:57 PM
are they doing Exile and Sojourn next?

(hi Dean)

SanJoaquinSooner
4/4/2013, 11:08 AM
I binged viewed the first season of Homeland over the last 7 days. I thought it was great.

Great acting, great character development, great script. All the Emmies and Golden Globes this show has won are well-deserved.

SoonerBBall
4/4/2013, 02:41 PM
I binged viewed the first season of Homeland over the last 7 days. I thought it was great.

Great acting, great character development, great script. All the Emmies and Golden Globes this show has won are well-deserved.

I have some really bad news for you about the second season, then.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/4/2013, 10:21 PM
I have some really bad news for you about the second season, then.

Not sure what you mean, since its second season also won Golden Globes Best Drama, Best Actor, and Best Actress. You think the second season was disappointing? No spoilers please.

SoonerBBall
4/5/2013, 02:07 PM
Not sure what you mean, since its second season also won Golden Globes Best Drama, Best Actor, and Best Actress. You think the second season was disappointing? No spoilers please.

The second season was terrible. It got super ridiculous. Mandy Patinkin was the only shining spot of the whole season. Ironically, he is basically the only one who lost at the globes. Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, and Justified are all far better uses of your time.

sooneron
4/5/2013, 04:28 PM
Sort of a spoiler if you aren't up to date...

https://vimeo.com/55070029

heh

StoopTroup
4/9/2013, 04:13 PM
Just watch them all. I like Peter Dinklage as a Midget waiting for his opportunity to rule over all of the other Thrones. He definitely makes G of T worth watching. His use of his Scepture on the Whores is hilarious. Also the Mother of Dragons is hawt but she seems very strange and towards the end I think it might be hard to tell who is ruling. Will it be her or the Dragons? :D