PDA

View Full Version : Realtor Question

SOONER STEAKER
10/4/2011, 06:53 PM
You have a contract with someone to buy your house. They put $5,000 in escrow, but has delayed the closing date 3 times because of financing issues. When we agreed to the sale price, we were told this was a cash deal.

MY question is this? Ca we take the escrow money and tell him to hit the road or do we have to stick with him and hope he can get financed?

yermom
10/4/2011, 07:40 PM
those are your only two options?

olevetonahill
10/4/2011, 07:45 PM
Was the contract written thru a Realtor? were there any contingencies? If No contingencies and the closing date has passed the escrow money is forfeited.

Unless the seller agrees to an extension.
Least thats what I remember from My Broker years.

btk108
10/4/2011, 07:51 PM
Was the contract written thru a Realtor? were there any contingencies? If No contingencies and the closing date has passed the escrow money is forfeited.

I am in AWE!

SanJoaquinSooner
10/4/2011, 07:58 PM

I once asked you to list all of your occupations in your lifetime. I should have asked, What haven't you done?

olevetonahill
10/4/2011, 11:24 PM
I once asked you to list all of your occupations in your lifetime. I should have asked, What haven't you done?

Never been an astronaut Less ya consider my Doping Daze