PDA

View Full Version : Orange Kool-Aide: this year's flavor

UTgradOUfan
10/4/2011, 04:19 PM
This week is when it really gets fun living in Austin. I read the local paper, listen to whorn fans and hear the sports radio guys come up with this year's orange Kool-Aide flavor. As for the poor guys on "The Horn" and "The Zone" they are just doing their jobs. And they will admit it in private, it's a hard job. But the whorn fans must have their Kool-Aide and so they get it.
Here is this years flavor:
1)That the whorns are so young and have so many freshmen and others who have never played in this game that that is somehow a positive.
Like I said it is a hard job. Do not ask me to explain this so that it makes any sense, I can't. It is whorn logic and I don't get it.

2) This is the main one that has them lathered up on the radio. Bryan Harsin's Tinker Toy offense is going to going to get the better of the Sooner D and razzle-dazzle the whorns to an upset win.
Really?
I really, really hope they try.
However, if you have watched al the whorn's games(I have) it may be all they have. I have not seen a single whorn offensive player who could start for the Sooners.
As for the Sooner's D? Well, speed kills.
And remember how Tinker Toys work. You dump out the box, looks at all the different parts and try to put something together. The way I remember it a kid would sit there, impressed with his creation, until one of the older, bigger kids came thru and the whole mess was wrecked.
It inevitabley ended with a lot of tears and crying.
And so it goes.
Roll On Big Red

Partial Qualifier
10/4/2011, 04:30 PM
Over at hornfans they're all jacking off to the 2006 Fiesta Bowl over a thin & relatively underwhelming Sooner team like Hairsin knew all along they could convert a 4th-and-18 on a trick play. Like it was all part of the plan (lol). They act like Boise wasn't undefeated & ranked higher than OU at the time.

While nothing screams "We're Texas!" like living vicariously through a Sooner loss from 4 years ago, they'll realize here real quick this year's Sooners team is on a whole nother level than the 2006 Sooners.

stoopified
10/4/2011, 04:51 PM
Over at hornfans they're all jacking off to the 2006 Fiesta Bowl over a thin & relatively underwhelming Sooner team like Hairsin knew all along they could convert a 4th-and-18 on a trick play. Like it was all part of the plan (lol). They act like Boise wasn't undefeated & ranked higher than OU at the time.

While nothing screams "We're Texas!" like living vicariously through a Sooner loss from 4 years ago, they'll realize here real quick this year's Sooners team is on a whole nother level than the 2006 Sooners.NOTICE WHEN MACK HIRES COORDINATORS OF LATE IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAD SUCESS AGAINST OU.HE BROUGHT mUSCHAMP IN FROM AUBURN BECAUSE OF THE SUGAR BOWL AND THIS GUY BECAUSE OF THE 1PT bsu OVERTIME WIN.

oumartin
10/4/2011, 05:03 PM
NOTICE WHEN MACK HIRES COORDINATORS OF LATE IT IS BECAUSE THEY HAD SUCESS AGAINST OU.HE BROUGHT mUSCHAMP IN FROM AUBURN BECAUSE OF THE SUGAR BOWL AND THIS GUY BECAUSE OF THE 1PT bsu OVERTIME WIN.

What? So OU played Aburn in the Sugar Bowl? Where was I. I mean you could possibly be referring to him coaching the defense of LSU but Aburn? c'mon man

Jacie
10/4/2011, 06:20 PM
It is no wonder Mack hires guys whose teams have beaten Oklahoma. He does feel the heat and it comes out of Norman twice a year, once when his team takes the field to face the Sooners and later on when dealing with yet another slip up that costs sa*et a shot at the conference championship and gives the Sooners the inside track. No doubt, Mack is the superstitious type, reaching for all the mojo he can find.

As for that Harsin offense, here is a description of a trick play they ran against ISU just before halftime:

Whittaker took the snap and handed it off to Shipley, who then flipped it to Ash on a reverse. Shipley then took off for the end zone, and Ash found him for a 40-yard TD pass and a 34-0 lead just over three minutes later.

They had time to hand off, lateral, then square up and throw the ball downfield. The cyclone defense must have already turned around and started for the lockerroom for this play to work.

MyT Oklahoma
10/4/2011, 06:30 PM
:pop:

UTgradOUfan
10/5/2011, 07:32 PM
It was non-stop nonsense on the sports radios shows in Austin today. I had had enough to I called the guys on air at "the whorn". They were goin on and on about Harsin and how good the whorn O could be Sat.
So I asked them:
Is there a single whorn offensive player who would start for the Sooner's?

Long pause.........

Malcolm Brown???

Then they thought about Whaley, Clay, Finch & Williams. Then they went to a commercial.
This is so easy, fun, but easy.
Boomer!

MyT Oklahoma
10/6/2011, 12:43 AM
^^ That was cruel man. Funny but cruel.

P.S. They deserve it though and they will live.

ouwasp
10/6/2011, 01:10 AM
Please, football gods, hear our cry....

Please let the Sooners sack their sorry ***** on some circle-jerk of a play

In Barry's name, amen.

DCsooner22
10/6/2011, 07:38 AM
In Barry's name, amen.

AMEN!!!