PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Wall Street protests?

badger
10/4/2011, 03:53 PM
zUGhe3Jjw8w

X9niY8rZYjI

pphilfran
10/4/2011, 03:54 PM
Thoughts? We ain't seen nuttin yet...wait till the tax increases hit and beanies are cut...

OhU1
10/4/2011, 04:04 PM
I think they are brave freedom fighters. In future years there will be books, movies, and statues erected to these hard working selfless heroes.

badger
10/4/2011, 04:09 PM
If past revolutions around the world have taught us anything, it's that people that don't have anything they fear to lose will act out the most. Thus, the only way to keep the masses under control? Give them enough so that they fear to lose what they have.

For most of my lifetime, I think most Americans would fear to lose their homes, vehicles, moderately good lifestyle, family life, educational and employment opportunities, etc. Right now, I think the scale is starting to get tipped for some that have been chronically unemployed. They may feel hopeless, like there is no light at the end of the dark tunnel.

I fear that if another recession happens, there were be even more people that are feeling hopeless and stuck to a lesser life than they are accustomed to and thus, it won't be street protests, but Greek-like riots. :(

lexsooner
10/4/2011, 04:20 PM
There should be outrage expressed towards Wall Street. They helped nearly destroy the world economy, begged for bailouts, then took the money and got wealthier, all without any consequences. Nobody has gone to prison and I am not aware the oversight over them has improved. That being said, I would hope these protesters actually have set goals and demands for reform, and are not just protesting without any real vision.

lexsooner
10/4/2011, 04:23 PM
I think they are brave freedom fighters. In future years there will be books, movies, and statues erected to these hard working selfless heroes.

I think so. They are like the liberal version of the Tea Partiers, who will go down in history as pure ideologues fighting for less government, without any politically partisan leanings or unrelated agendas such as abortion, gun rights. ;)

Midtowner
10/4/2011, 04:34 PM
The baby boomers all went out to a farm, listened to bands and got stoned. The millennials are demonstrating peacefully against something which needs to be protested against.

Millennials > Baby boomers.

pphilfran
10/4/2011, 04:35 PM
The baby boomers all went out to a farm, listened to bands and got stoned. The millennials are demonstrating peacefully against something which needs to be protested against.

Millennials > Baby boomers.

Hey! I resemble that remark....

JohnnyMack
10/4/2011, 04:49 PM
Here's their list of demands:

http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.

Sounds reasonable to me.

pphilfran
10/4/2011, 04:54 PM

http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/

Sounds reasonable to me.

Reasonable? Hardly...

Elimination of all debt?
Free college?
Living wage regardless of job?
Open borders?

Midtowner
10/4/2011, 04:56 PM
That's a proposed list in a forum. That ain't "the" list. Currently, there is no list.

One of the comments replying to said proposal:

Hurry let's change all the power from big oil and nuclear to ....unicorn farts and fairy dust...ROFLMAO...Thank God you have given us your insight...priceless!!

And FWIW, that is a ridiculous plan which is unconstitutional in many respects. Wiping out debt? As in wiping out everyone's life's savings not invested in gold? Yeah, that'll fix things.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2011, 05:04 PM
Reasonable? Hardly...

Elimination of all debt?
Free college?
Open borders?

I WAS JOKING YOU LOON.

sappstuf
10/4/2011, 05:04 PM
Reasonable? Hardly...

Elimination of all debt?
Free college?
Open borders?

Demand 14: Free pot for everyone!!

OhU1
10/4/2011, 05:06 PM
The demands are fair and reasonable. Only banking greed stands in the way.

OhU1
10/4/2011, 05:09 PM
Demand 15 - free Leonard Peltier and Mumia Abu-Jamal!

pphilfran
10/4/2011, 05:14 PM
I WAS JOKING YOU LOON.
tThBGV5_JdM

badger
10/4/2011, 05:18 PM
It's an interesting take. I think if people didn't have debt they would definitely spend more money. However, if we were to eliminate debt, we should also eliminate or at least drastically cut back the chance of acquiring more debt, or we'll be in the same boat now in a few years, if not months. People with thousands of dollars suddenly don't have thousands of dollars of debt? Hot diggity! Time to run up more debt again if I can! :rolleyes:

So, for that one to work, here's a counter proposal:

1- College debt forgiveness offered as incentive to volunteer, live and work in certain areas, or to enter certain fields.

Hate that we fund higher ed so much only to see our grads jump the Red River to get higher paying jobs? Give them a reason to stick around. Wish more kids would volunteer their spare college time rather than drink themselves silly? Offer tuition waivers in return for logging community service hours. Have a shortage of nurses? Offer free tuition to become a nurse and work in-state for a few years.

2- Credit card debt forgiveness in return for being blacklisted on credit cards for a long period of time.

Similar to bankruptcy, if you abuse the system, the system has a right to abuse you back. If your credit card debt is beyond the point that you can ever hope to pay it back, sign the papers that say you will not use or apply for a credit card for 10 years in return for credit card debt forgiveness. Credit counseling might also be a good option for receiving the option of using and applying for credit cards again.

3- Mortgage forgiveness in return for community service, working for non-profits, etc. within the community where you live.

Neighborhood Watch program not have enough watchers? The center median lawn starting to look a bit weedy? Get some people that need housing help the incentive to invest in their own communities in a non-monetary way.

CrimsonCream
10/4/2011, 05:20 PM
There should be outrage expressed towards Wall Street. They helped nearly destroy the world economy, begged for bailouts, then took the money and got wealthier, all without any consequences. Nobody has gone to prison and I am not aware the oversight over them has improved. That being said, I would hope these protesters actually have set goals and demands for reform, and are not just protesting without any real vision.

Well said.

These incoherent protesters give Loons a bad name if that is at all possible.

Veritas
10/4/2011, 05:26 PM

Wow. What's the step past batsh!t crazy? That list is two steps past that.

I'd just assumed that protesters were unemployed left/liberal nutjobs with no understanding of business or economics. IOW, the kind of folks whose opinions have no value and are of no interest to me. So I'd not paid attention. Turns out I was...right.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/4/2011, 05:36 PM

Sounds reasonable to me.

If this is the college education they are getting, I agree, it should be free.

badger
10/4/2011, 05:42 PM
If this is the college education they are getting, I agree, it should be free.

Yeeeeaaaaah... the states are paying less and less for their higher education institutions, and for the most part, the feds provide LOANs.

So where does the money come from to pay for college tuition?

I could see private employers, non-profits or donors ponying up some money for tuition waivers for some of the stuff I mentioned above (volunteering, working in needed fields or staying in-state) but 100 percent for everyone?!

If the money would be expected to come from the government, then you can expect 1 of 2 things:

1- Federal government limiting the amount of money that can be charged for college education. With lower costs may come a lower quality of education... or colleges might have to finally cope with not having as many high-paid administrators, heh.

2- College costs are jacked up even higher. If the costs aren't capped by the government, expect higher ed institutions to milk the system for as much as they can.

It will be interesting to see which lobbying strong arm would win that argument

diverdog
10/4/2011, 05:43 PM
Demand 14: Free pot for everyone!!

Sapp for President!

AlboSooner
10/4/2011, 05:49 PM
I think some of them are crazy, and need a job, but I like it that people demonstrate and make their voices heard. Sometime we go too long without our voice being heard.

MR2-Sooner86
10/4/2011, 06:12 PM
I think this is a great idea! I'm actually on Wall Street right now protesting these evil corporations!

- sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk on AT&T

pphilfran
10/4/2011, 06:15 PM
All I want is a months notice on when all debt will be eliminated...I'll be golden...

marfacowboy
10/4/2011, 06:28 PM
I love it. I'd love it more if a few of those fat, greedy *******s opened the windows in their ivory towers and jumped out and joined the protesters.

soonercoop1
10/5/2011, 05:12 PM
Composed of the usual dumbasses that have never made it in or to the "real" world...

REDREX
10/5/2011, 07:56 PM
I like a protest that covers everything from bank card fees to the Afghan war

Midtowner
10/5/2011, 09:41 PM
Yeeeeaaaaah... the states are paying less and less for their higher education institutions, and for the most part, the feds provide LOANs.

So where does the money come from to pay for college tuition?

I could see private employers, non-profits or donors ponying up some money for tuition waivers for some of the stuff I mentioned above (volunteering, working in needed fields or staying in-state) but 100 percent for everyone?!

If the money would be expected to come from the government, then you can expect 1 of 2 things:

1- Federal government limiting the amount of money that can be charged for college education. With lower costs may come a lower quality of education... or colleges might have to finally cope with not having as many high-paid administrators, heh.

2- College costs are jacked up even higher. If the costs aren't capped by the government, expect higher ed institutions to milk the system for as much as they can.

It will be interesting to see which lobbying strong arm would win that argument

Federally protected, non-bankruptable loans should be limited to $10K/year. If institutions can't get by on that, they need to make appropriate cuts.

If the student can demonstrate credit worthiness beyond that and the school can provide the kind of results in the marketplace to justify something beyond that, then they should be able to charge whatever they want, but the loans should be dischargable. Tuition inflation would be cured overnight.

diverdog
10/5/2011, 10:15 PM
Federally protected, non-bankruptable loans should be limited to $10K/year. If institutions can't get by on that, they need to make appropriate cuts.

If the student can demonstrate credit worthiness beyond that and the school can provide the kind of results in the marketplace to justify something beyond that, then they should be able to charge whatever they want, but the loans should be dischargable. Tuition inflation would be cured overnight.

This nation should offer free 4 year college education or post HS training. We would get that money back in spades. We can afford it if we got out of the wars.

Overall, I support these folks. The things that I would like to see is an end to high speed trading, a tax on Wall Street to pay back the damage to the US economy, a limit on short selling and making short sellers have a long position in the stock they are shorting (I think that is what I met), and I would like to see a cap or restructuring of corporate CEO pay. The amount these guys can make forces them to make short term decisions and when they are wrong everyone else pays. I would also like to see the end of trading in commodities when you do not actually own them. In other words, I want to get rid of trading air for a profit. Finally, we need to get out of these lopsided trade agreements.

okie52
10/5/2011, 10:43 PM
Good Lord....the tea baggers look like geniuses compared to these people.

TUSooner
10/5/2011, 11:14 PM
I love it. I'd love it more if a few of those fat, greedy *******s opened the windows in their ivory towers and jumped out and joined the protesters.
OK, so the protesters seem to represent the usual gang of idiots who want everything for nothing, and don't understand much of anything (witness their demands!). That said, f*** the Wall Street Moneychangers! People like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have every right to get filthy rich off their productive genius, but f*** the CEOs who make millions for paper games and houses of cards. Any directors who who needed to get their companies bailed out and then took zillion dollar golden parachutes should be hanging from lampposts. Righteous well-fed conservatives who "got theirs" will scoff, of course, but if the law or the "sacred market" won't do something to put the brakes on the 21st century robber barons, the lawless idiots will do something drastic. I might even throw a brick just to get somebody's attention. Yes, I've been drinking, but it still takes a lot of indignation to make me say that.

TUSooner
10/6/2011, 08:18 AM
OK, so the protesters seem to represent the usual gang of idiots who want everything for nothing, and don't understand much of anything (witness their demands!). That said, f*** the Wall Street Moneychangers! People like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have every right to get filthy rich off their productive genius, but f*** the CEOs who make millions for paper games and houses of cards. Any directors who who needed to get their companies bailed out and then took zillion dollar golden parachutes should be hanging from lampposts. Righteous well-fed conservatives who "got theirs" will scoff, of course, but if the law or the "sacred market" won't do something to put the brakes on the 21st century robber barons, the lawless idiots will do something drastic. I might even throw a brick just to get somebody's attention. Yes, I've been drinking, but it still takes a lot of indignation to make me say that.

Wow. I must have been pretty...uh...pistoff. :biggrin:

The Profit
10/6/2011, 09:03 AM
Hey, I would like to see them set up a good ole 18th century guillotine right there on Wall Street. Yank those crooked bankers out of their plush offices and remove their heads. Then, find the corrupt oil company executives and apply ample amounts of tar and feathers. Hedge fund managers, who have not paid their fair share in taxes (all of them) deserve a little more in the way of torture. I am thinking someting on the level of quartering.

JohnnyMack
10/6/2011, 09:18 AM
Wow. I must have been pretty...uh...pistoff. :biggrin:

That guy was pissed!

OhU1
10/6/2011, 10:43 AM
The things that I would like to see is an end to high speed trading, a limit on short selling, I would also like to see the end of trading in commodities when you do not actually own them. In other words, I want to get rid of trading air for a profit.

I cherry picked some of what you posted and agree with. The computerized real time trading has got out of hand and led to manipulation of the market for extremely short term gain (sometimes on the order of seconds between buy and sale without a human or ordinary market forces being involved).

Unfortunately the odds of any of those street people actually understanding this is nil.

TUSooner
10/6/2011, 10:46 AM
****the odds of any of those street people actually understanding this is nil.
Heh. Yes. Yes. But for once I just kind-of support the poor stupid bastrads based on gut-level disgust.

sappstuf
10/6/2011, 12:27 PM
Let's see if I have this straight..

Large group of White people raging against the system and does not support President Obama……

Nazi, racist, astroturfing teabagging terrorists.

Large group of White people raging against the system but does support President Obama….

Righteous, intelligent Americans speaking truth to power.

TUSooner
10/6/2011, 12:38 PM
Let's see if I have this straight..

Large group of White people raging against the system and does not support President Obama……

Nazi, racist, astroturfing teabagging terrorists.

Large group of White people raging against the system but does support President Obama….

Righteous, intelligent Americans speaking truth to power.

I doubt it.

How do you know all those people support Obama anyway? He's just another Wall St pawn. Didn't he agree bail out the villains? (McCain would have, too, btw.) The tea baggers ought to be out there too, since the Wall St & DC establishments are joined at the hip anyway.

Climb down off your cross and stop with the "conservative martyr" whining already.

sappstuf
10/6/2011, 12:56 PM
I doubt it.

How do you know all those people support Obama anyway? He's just another Wall St pawn. Didn't he agree bail out the villains? (McCain would have, too, btw.) The tea baggers ought to be out there too, since the Wall St & DC establishments are joined at the hip anyway.

Climb down off your cross and stop with the "conservative martyr" whining already.

I reserve the right to point out media hypocrisy... For example, Michael Tomasky..

I want to stipulate up front that I am firmly on OWS’s side. I don’t really know who its leaders are, and I don’t especially care. I don’t know its exact goals—a subject on which the movement has been roundly, and in my view pointlessly, criticized. But it is desperately needed. It needs to succeed. And I fear it won’t.

I don't know who they are... I don't know their goals... But by god I am firmly no their side and hope they succeed.. What a laughable position. I enjoy reading such nonsense.

I have no doubt that the truthers and anarchists and other lefty anti-government types are out there. But the media is spinning this towards, "Blame the banks, not Obama!". It is pretty clever.

The Left and Obama are in a bad position.. They need that blame to be shifted away from the god-awful policies of Obama, but they can't get too close to the loonies either..

Steal the message, hide the messengers... And for god's sake... Keep the loonies out of sight.

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/53a7cd27-829d-4942-b15b-ad9e3ac81b67.gif

TUSooner
10/6/2011, 02:21 PM
The semi-coherent, paranoid rambling of post #41 (which does not deserve to be quoted here) puts you in the same class as Rush's Parrot and cruiser. That's not really meant as a compliment, btw.

badger
10/6/2011, 02:34 PM
More videos:

oS5cTYFaXsE

LngwTp2xvgY

The first is Albequeque on Oct. 1, the second is the infamous Brooklyn Bridge scene.

We even had a little protest outside a Chase branch here in Tulsa yesterday. Anyone have any close to their hometowns yet?

sappstuf
10/6/2011, 02:34 PM
The semi-coherent, paranoid rambling of post #41 (which does not deserve to be quoted here) puts you in the same class as Rush's Parrot and cruiser. That's not really meant as a compliment, btw.

President Obama said Thursday that the Occupy Wall Street protests show a "broad-based frustration" among Americans about how the U.S. financial system works.

Translation: It is Wall Street not my policies that continue to have us in this mess 3 years after I took office..

Speaking at an East Room news conference, Obama said he has monitored the movement, which has spread to dozens of cities nationwide.

"I think it expresses the frustrations the American people feel, that we had the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression, huge collateral damage all throughout the country ... and yet you're still seeing some of the same folks who acted irresponsibly trying to fight efforts to crack down on the abusive practices that got us into this in the first place," he said.

Translation: It is the Repubs and the "rich" that are keeping me from making progress.

There is no paranoia here. The fact that Obama cannot run on his own record is an obvious one and any simpleton can see that. He is doing the only thing he can do.. Attack and try to divert attention. These protests play into that. He would be dumb to not try to capitalize and he isn't dumb. He is already doing it.

pphilfran
10/6/2011, 02:35 PM

He ain't in the same league as Rush or cruiser...

badger
10/6/2011, 02:45 PM
There is no paranoia here. The fact that Obama cannot run on his own record is an obvious one and any simpleton can see that. He is doing the only thing he can do.. Attack and try to divert attention. These protests play into that. He would be dumb to not try to capitalize and he isn't dumb. He is already doing it.

Hey Obama --- you know what Clinton and W. did when they were faced with House and Senate majorities? They put on their sunglasses and said I'll DEAL WITH IT, BRO. They had to veto some stuff here and there and did trash the opposite party opinion at times, but they dealt with it without insane amounts of party whining.

TUSooner
10/6/2011, 02:46 PM
Translation: It is Wall Street not my policies that continue to have us in this mess 3 years after I took office..

Translation: It is the Repubs and the "rich" that are keeping me from making progress.

Keep digging!

okie52
10/6/2011, 03:20 PM
Hey, I would like to see them set up a good ole 18th century guillotine right there on Wall Street. Yank those crooked bankers out of their plush offices and remove their heads. Then, find the corrupt oil company executives and apply ample amounts of tar and feathers. Hedge fund managers, who have not paid their fair share in taxes (all of them) deserve a little more in the way of torture. I am thinking someting on the level of quartering.

You've been lazy Profit. Show your indignation about the oil barons by picketing in front of the Devon Tower....that monolith to excess oil "profits". It's in your backyard for God's sake...show some backbone and make a stand.

sappstuf
10/6/2011, 03:23 PM
You've been lazy Profit. Show your indignation about the oil barons by picketing in front of the Devon Tower....that monolith to excess oil "profits". It's in your backyard for God's sake...show some backbone and make a stand.

Better ride the bike to get there too!

okie52
10/6/2011, 03:30 PM
Better ride the bike to get there too!

I would at least give him the option of using OKC's high speed rail.

sappstuf
10/6/2011, 03:41 PM
This is the most coherent explanation I have heard of the protester's problems with corporations.

U9rCc4SZNSI

okie52
10/6/2011, 08:19 PM
Is Robbins still with Sarandon? She may be a big lib but she had a nice rack inher day.

cleller
10/6/2011, 10:16 PM
Demand 3: They want to be paid, whether they work or not
Demand 4: They want free college
Demand 5: They want to stop fossil fuels, and replace with something more expensive that does not yet exist.
Demand 6: They want 1 trillion dollars for infrastructure
Demand 7 : They want 1 trillion dollars to reforest, and stop nukes (which happen to be cleaner than fossil fuels plants)
Demand 9: They want open borders for all. Guess they'd welcome all the Mengele's, Bin Laden's and Gaddafi's you can shake a stick at.

Real smart people. Guess they are not worried about paying for this, because they are guaranteeing themselves a "living wage". Who are they counting on to make up the difference? The rich people they are protesting against?

Midtowner
10/6/2011, 10:25 PM
^They?

That's one idiot who posted a blog. Had some good ideas. Some not.

Next.

okie52
10/6/2011, 10:38 PM
^They?

That's one idiot who posted a blog. Had some good ideas. Some not.

Next.

Have you been drinking?

sappstuf
10/7/2011, 09:58 AM
http://pl-mgroup-akamai.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2011/10/ram-100711-blame-IBD_800.jpg.cms_.png

EnragedOUfan
10/7/2011, 07:20 PM
Demand 3: They want to be paid, whether they work or not
Demand 4: They want free college
Demand 5: They want to stop fossil fuels, and replace with something more expensive that does not yet exist.
Demand 6: They want 1 trillion dollars for infrastructure
Demand 7 : They want 1 trillion dollars to reforest, and stop nukes (which happen to be cleaner than fossil fuels plants)
Demand 9: They want open borders for all. Guess they'd welcome all the Mengele's, Bin Laden's and Gaddafi's you can shake a stick at.

Real smart people. Guess they are not worried about paying for this, because they are guaranteeing themselves a "living wage". Who are they counting on to make up the difference? The rich people they are protesting against?

Free college? Do you mean the student loans that drowns people in debt for the rest of their lives? Or are you referring to pell grants?

I realize we can't stop fossil fuels, by why not implement safer ****? Squash Ethanol because that corn could go to much better use of feeding people and stockpiling... Why not enforce all diesels to convert to biodiesel? Why not make this a national requirement? Its cleaner and gets better gas mileage. All the time here in OKC, I see trucks and this sick as$ black exhaust coming from their exhaust pipes that smells like sh#t through my windows. Our state government is too d#mn stupid and backwoods to implement a different policy, because it may cost those trucking companies money and takes away from their business. When I lived in Germany, we had to get vehicles inspection every year. Having stuff like this is safer all around. Here in OKC, all the time I'll see a car on the side of the rode. One time while driving down I-44, someones bumper came off and damn near caused a catastrophe on the interstate. Had this vehicle went through a thorough vehicle inspection on a annual basis, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Speaking of unnecessary regulations, I have yet to see solid examples of "uncessary regulations." If its OSHA regs, I guess money, profit, and greed come before the safety of workers! If its the money making EPA regs, I guess breathing in more Mercury, something that can cause harm to humans, should be allowed because it is too cost bearing on businesses! Gotta love the money over the long term health of people! Money, money, money!

Money into infrastructure seemed to help this country get out of the great depression a little. I know Oklahoma's **** poor roads could use some work....

And I love how everyone is against raising millionaire taxes by 1%. 1 freaking percent, that won't put in dime in these peoples wallets. Taxes are at historical lows. I'm all for cutting foreign aid and wasteful sh#t, but when you got the billionaire Warren Buffett telling you how it is, I just don't see how you argue against him. This guy is filthy rich and he's telling us he's pay sh$t in taxes.

I will say that the Wall Street Protests are starting to become Christian in nature. If people are true believers of Jesus, they should know that Jesus was all about taking from the rich, giving to the poor, and helping the poor.

And speaking of Socialism, move to Germany and then tell me if you think America is close to Socialism..........Pay all of those taxes that the Germans pay and tell me what you think. Pay taxes on how many televisions you own in your home and tell me what you think. Pay over half of your income into taxes and tell me what you think.

I think the one good thing about over there (Germany), is if a man who earns a crappy pay, lives paycheck to paycheck, doesn't have health insurance because he can't afford it loses his job, he can still go to the doctor if he has a medical problem. Here in the states, if you lose your job, don't have any money, but you have to go to the ER, may God help you because this man will have put himself into major debt, which will further keep him down in life.

Interesting debate going on here....

EnragedOUfan
10/7/2011, 07:26 PM
Speaking of immigration, I'm torn between the issue. If I were Mexican and lived in some of those sad, poor conditions, you better believe I would get into shape in preparation for a attempted trip across the desert to make it to the land of opportunity.....

However, as a citizen, we have laws and our laws must be respected. Money needs to go into more personnel and equipment down there instead of going to Pakistan, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

I'm all for having to show ID to vote, attend school, etc, why? Because voting is a privilege and attending schools is a requirement for American children, not rights to people that are not Americans. This is one issue I strongly stand with the GOP on...

Same on here I feel about cell phones and texting while driving. Both should be banned while driving because they are a distraction to drivers and potentially jeopardize the safety of others drivers, and driving is a privilege, not a right....

sappstuf
10/7/2011, 09:24 PM
http://pl-mgroup-akamai.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2011/10/310473_10150344819678190_563068189_8047513_5056643 22_n.jpg

cleller
10/10/2011, 10:14 AM
I heard a report on these protestors and their nightly meetings. Everything decision is made by crowd consent. A proposal was brought forth to allocate some money for sleeping bags. Part of the discussion was should they buy the sleeping bags at $10 each, or would it be cheaper to buy the materials and construct the bags themselves.

Hopefully you see the lunacy of this.

47straight
10/10/2011, 03:43 PM
I heard a report on these protestors and their nightly meetings. Everything decision is made by crowd consent. A proposal was brought forth to allocate some money for sleeping bags. Part of the discussion was should they buy the sleeping bags at $10 each, or would it be cheaper to buy the materials and construct the bags themselves.

Hopefully you see the lunacy of this.

The consensus thing was disturbing in a clip I watched from Atlanta, where generally people wanted to let a local US Rep speak, someone spoke against it, and the leader said, "ok this isn't a vote, but how do you generally feel about it?" And, just by looking at the people up front and near him, where it looked mostly in favor, said, "I get the feeling you want to not let him speak."

Seemed like authoritarian double-speak pretending to be more democratic than democracy.

badger
10/10/2011, 03:58 PM
More videos (from either Tuesday or Wednesday):

uquMqzFnmPM

^^^is that weed at 1:08???

52Exc8DH5dY

It's interesting that the second video labeled this movement as kind of a liberal tea party. I think the difference is that these people are staying in their places a lot longer. has it really been three weeks now? Wow.

Have to admire their perseverance I guess.

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 09:13 PM
What have you been smoking, Badger????

Free everything, why not!
To he11 with hard work and personal incentive!
To he11 with personal responsibility!
:stupid:

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 09:15 PM
As Mark Levins says...."Parasites on Parade"!

Midtowner
10/10/2011, 09:19 PM
As Mark Levins says...."Parasites on Parade"!

Again.. was he referring to Wall Street bankers or the Occupy movement?

cleller
10/10/2011, 09:23 PM
These are the 60's hippies reincarnate that are protesting what the 60's hippies devolved into.

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 09:24 PM

Since Obama's message is a devisive, class envy, and community organizer generally raising he11 message.....
Soros and the ultra-LW money pouring in, unions, teachers, and paid protesters (that's the same as paid voters BTW).....Yes!
This is the general Obama-Soros-Regressive plan to break down American society.
Looks like they are executing the plan very well at the moment.

They won't be happy until there are riots in the streets, burning, looting, and the economy collapses.
After all.....it IS Boooosh's fault!

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 09:29 PM

The country started to go "south" the very day they put in the first astroturf artifical grass on football fields.
Those evil chemical companies and salesman that polute our environment, and cause disastrous life altering sports injuries of our school children are some of the worts evil capitalists!
(Sorry, there is no sarcasm emoticon)

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 09:34 PM
Come on Badger!
Surely you can come up with stories on the OWS movement other than the "Associated Depressed"!
Almost evry story that I read of theirs in the Oklahoman hasa very misleading headline, and a left leaning explanantion of what is really going on.

If you don't, I will post some stories that shed a different light on the movement.

Midtowner
10/10/2011, 09:35 PM
To he11 with hard work and personal incentive!
To he11 with personal responsibility!

Truth if you are Goldman Sachs.

Midtowner
10/10/2011, 09:36 PM
Since Obama's message is a devisive, class envy, and community organizer generally raising he11 message.....

Yes, I've seen you here every single day preaching nothing more than class cooperation as opposed to warfare.

Cutting entitlements? Raising the tax burden of the poor while lowering it on the rich? Hunky dory. Raise the burden on the wealthy, even by 1%? Hey! That's class warfare.

No double standard here... nothing to see.. move along people. Cruiser is intellectually consistent!

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 09:38 PM
I posted a video on You Tube wher Nanci Peeloski says "GOD Bless their spontaniety"....talking about OWS.
The trash, the destruction of private property, the public sex now on video.....and this......spontaneous?

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Political/pooper2.jpg

cleller
10/10/2011, 09:51 PM
That guy must be a taxpayer. He's Entitled to defecate on his own property.

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 09:52 PM
Geraldo Rivera is one of the most LW leaning hosts on FOX News. The protesters had a chance to have their voices heard and projected by Geraldo.

But, Nooooooo!
All they could do was spew the LW talking points from the LW and Drive-By Media!

HxQHys4Tmf4

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:00 PM
0xa-cOqNWtM

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:08 PM
-_KxGDuNU1c&feature=related

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:12 PM
e8GgaiXNtmI&feature=related

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:16 PM
At least the OWS crowds are helping the city workers have jhob security...

cl0S9dP_0aI&feature=related

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:18 PM
ITqfROOraXg&feature=related

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:22 PM
On any of these Youtube pages you can find plenty of more links.

zYnz4Gw4Rl4&feature=related

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:25 PM
Let's see....
There are union members and officials at OWS...

irdIOs0fZ-w

And.....Unions unify Occupy Wall Street

8g3ydqn8G3g

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:35 PM
Another good series of interviews.

50rpJ7EQWuI&feature=related

Midtowner
10/10/2011, 10:42 PM
A few choice interviews from the crowd and you have Hollywood magic.

--isn't this the same tactic that was used to discredit the Tea Party?

soonercruiser
10/10/2011, 10:42 PM
AND.......The #1 Reason to not pay attention to the OWS protests:

-N1dFjcq6L4&feature=relmfu

47straight
10/11/2011, 02:57 PM

Yes.

I think it would be lovely for NPR, CBS, CNN, NBC, ABC, and the major newspapers to give the Occupy Wall Street movement the same scrutiny, deference, and consideration as the Tea Party was given.

badger
10/11/2011, 03:20 PM
Another good series of interviews.

50rpJ7EQWuI&feature=related

I think it's kind of eerily similar to what Republican voters were saying about Repubs and W. back when he was in office --- they were upset with their party's leader and president, but didn't like the alternative choice enough to vote the other way.

soonercruiser
10/12/2011, 03:24 PM
Time for a significant "reset", as "change" hasn't worked!

soonercruiser
10/12/2011, 03:27 PM
Yes.

I think it would be lovely for NPR, CBS, CNN, NBC, ABC, and the major newspapers to give the Occupy Wall Street movement the same scrutiny, deference, and consideration as the Tea Party was given.

THis ^^^^ was my point Badger.
The videos you selected, and AP story lines were why I posted some other videos, and posted the thread about the AP twisting the story headlines. There are always other sides to the story.
Just sayin'...

soonercruiser
10/12/2011, 03:29 PM

And, did we see you shedding a tea(r) for the Tea Party????
:distant:

Trophy Husband
10/12/2011, 03:53 PM
I tell them to get off their rumps and get back to work or get a job, so they can pay the taxes they so desperately want others to pay. I find it odd, all the liberal democrats moan about the "rich not paying their fair share" while 47% of the population pays NOTHING!!

How can a group of people who pay nothing, sit there and complain about others not paying their fair share when they themselves are paying notta. Let me ask, what is the "fair share" the 47% think they should be paying, because right now, they aint paying a dime.

Midtowner
10/12/2011, 05:27 PM
And, did we see you shedding a tea(r) for the Tea Party????
:distant:

When they first started out, I actually agreed with a vast majority of their message.

badger
10/12/2011, 05:58 PM
If you all didn't hear, Occupy was in OKC yesterday:

Link (http://newsok.com/occupy-okc-designed-to-be-driven-by-democracy/article/3612707?custom_click=lead_story_title)

cleller
10/13/2011, 11:59 AM
It is easier to go off and Occupy Wall Street when you are so incoherent, unskilled, uninspired, and lazy that you can't work anyway. Yeah, I heard about the unemployment thing, a bunch of illegals were laughing about it the other while doing some back breaking labor.

soonercruiser
10/13/2011, 12:41 PM
If you all didn't hear, Occupy was in OKC yesterday:

Link (http://newsok.com/occupy-okc-designed-to-be-driven-by-democracy/article/3612707?custom_click=lead_story_title)

I believe that they occupied the Walmart on north Penn. Ave.
They were protesting the sale of the last remaining case of Mountain Dew.
:courage: