PDA

View Full Version : Tuck Fexas!!!

Sooner in Tampa
10/4/2011, 10:27 AM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg253/scaled.php?server=253&filename=dscn4327.jpg&res=medium

Boomer.....
10/4/2011, 11:12 AM
Spek!

10/4/2011, 11:20 AM
Do you have the least bit of anxiety that Harsin, the new OC, may have something in store for the Sooners? He isn't exactly cut from the same mold as Greg Davis.

The Maestro
10/4/2011, 11:48 AM
Do you have the least bit of anxiety that Harsin, the new OC, may have something in store for the Sooners? He isn't exactly cut from the same mold as Greg Davis.

To say that any OC in the world isn't exactly cut from the same mold as Greg Davis is to say he has a freaking pulse.

Harsin is to OC's what Tom Moore was to OC's for the Indianapolis Colts. Congrats on the trickeration vs. Iowa State. There was a day the whorns didn't need to do the fumblerooski halfback double reverse statue of liberty to score on the Cyclones. Enjoy drawing plays in the dirt just like I did at Gammy's house in the backyard every Thanksgiving. You'll score a few...and it will probably be due to the Mickey Mouse scheme. Meanwhile, Whaley is gonna pop you in the mouth and then we play action all over the field to Broyles, Stills, Finch, Hanna, Franks, Reynolds...dang, getting a cramp from typing the names of all the weapons we have to beat you with big boy football!

10/4/2011, 11:52 AM
To say that any OC in the world isn't exactly cut from the same mold as Greg Davis is to say he has a freaking pulse.

Harsin is to OC's what Tom Moore was to OC's for the Indianapolis Colts. Congrats on the trickeration vs. Iowa State. There was a day the whorns didn't need to do the fumblerooski halfback double reverse statue of liberty to score on the Cyclones. Enjoy drawing plays in the dirt just like I did at Gammy's house in the backyard every Thanksgiving. You'll score a few...and it will probably be due to the Mickey Mouse scheme. Meanwhile, Whaley is gonna pop you in the mouth and then we play action all over the field to Broyles, Stills, Finch, Hanna, Franks, Reynolds...dang, getting a cramp from typing the names of all the weapons we have to beat you with big boy football!

I have to agree with this, although not in the same tone. Gimmicks only work for a while. Texas will need something consistent to get a victory here and it is just too hard to see right now. It may develop as the season progresses but it's not their yet.

However, Texas defense is pretty good and if they can hold OU a few times those trick plays may just keep it close enough that it is anyone's game in the 4th.

The Maestro
10/4/2011, 11:59 AM
I have to agree with this, although not in the same tone. Gimmicks only work for a while. Texas will need something consistent to get a victory here and it is just too hard to see right now. It may develop as the season progresses but it's not their yet.

However, Texas defense is pretty good and if they can hold OU a few times those trick plays may just keep it close enough that it is anyone's game in the 4th.

I'll give you that. The whorns need OU, namely Landry Jones, to just have some boneheaded decisions to have a shot. If we take care of the ball, over time we will wear down the defense. Your playmakers are all freshman...hard to imagine they all perform at their peak in a game like this. Plus, if you were told you would be 4-1 leaving the Cotton Bowl before the season, you would have jumped all over it. So, the Sooners will do their part to give you a 4-1 start! ;)

10/4/2011, 12:08 PM
I'll give you that. The whorns need OU, namely Landry Jones, to just have some boneheaded decisions to have a shot. If we take care of the ball, over time we will wear down the defense. Your playmakers are all freshman...hard to imagine they all perform at their peak in a game like this. Plus, if you were told you would be 4-1 leaving the Cotton Bowl before the season, you would have jumped all over it. So, the Sooners will do their part to give you a 4-1 start! ;)

Fans who cannot see both sides bother me. You are correct on several ends. However, I feel that OU's ability to run the ball on Texas, in the past, that has worn down Texas. I am not 100% sold on Whaley yet.

However, let me tell you I wasn't 100% sold on "Q" until the blasted Texas either.

OUNASH
10/4/2011, 12:08 PM
I believe Stoops thinks this is a statement game and will put the pedal to the metal. If it is close I will be surprised and pissed. I think OU wins going away.

10/4/2011, 12:09 PM

Fans who cannot see both sides bother me. You are correct on several ends. However, I feel that OU's ability to run the ball on Texas, in the past, that has worn down Texas. I am not 100% sold on Whaley yet.

However, let me tell you I wasn't 100% sold on "Q" until the blasted Texas either.

Sooner in Tampa
10/8/2013, 12:14 PM
Bump for this years game.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1868/whorn.jpg

soonerloyal
10/8/2013, 01:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/usmcholmans/keep-calm-and-tuck-fexas-5.png

KantoSooner
10/8/2013, 02:41 PM
I just want to be clear that I'm stepping forward right now to volunteer, selflessly, to run Texas on an interim basis until such time as the present disaster passes. I'll require dictatorial power, of course, a fitting stipend and the transfer to my personal property of Lake Travis and the surrounding area now known as 'Austin' (to be renamed 'South Norman' just to keep the relationship clear). As it is unknown how long the present disaster might last (and it might be a long time - I do good work, but I'm neither fast nor cheap), I'll need a full blown staff to administer the state. Applications will be accepted via email.

It's a hard job, but someone had to do it.