PDA

View Full Version : AG Eric Holder Caught Lying Under Oath About Fast And Furious

sappstuf
10/4/2011, 10:08 AM
After testifying before Congress that he had only heard about F&F a few weeks before, new documents show he was being briefed at least 10 months earlier.

ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in July 2010

WASHINGTON - New documents obtained by CBS News show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress.

On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."

Yet internal Justice Department documents show that at least ten months before that hearing, Holder began receiving frequent memos discussing Fast and Furious.

The documents came from the head of the National Drug Intelligence Center and Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer.

In Fast and Furious, ATF agents allegedly allowed thousands of weapons to cross the border and fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

It's called letting guns "walk," and it remained secret to the public until Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered last December. Two guns from Fast and Furious were found at the scene, and ATF agent John Dodson blew the whistle on the operation.

Ever since, the Justice Department has publicly tried to distance itself. But the new documents leave no doubt that high level Justice officials knew guns were being "walked."

Two Justice Department officials mulled it over in an email exchange Oct. 18, 2010. "It's a tricky case given the number of guns that have walked but is a significant set of prosecutions," says Jason Weinstein, Deputy Assistant Attorney General of the Criminal Division. Deputy Chief of the National Gang Unit James Trusty replies "I'm not sure how much grief we get for 'guns walking.' It may be more like, "Finally they're going after people who sent guns down there."

The Justice Department told CBS News that the officials in those emails were talking about a different case started before Eric Holder became Attorney General. And tonight they tell CBS News, Holder misunderstood that question from the committee - he did know about Fast and Furious - just not the details.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20115038-10391695.html#ixzz1ZpESFDo4

So first, it was a different case... Then the ol' 'I misunderstood the question defense'... And then finally he knew about it, but not the details. To blow that out of the water, Here is part of the unredacted briefing sent to Holder on July 5, 2010 by the director of the National Drug Intelligence Center:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/sappstuf/ff.jpg

Straw purchasers.. Check. Mexican drug cartels.. Check. 1500 firearms.. Check

Call me crazy, but that appears to be details to me...

Holder should be fired immediately.

CrimsonCream
10/4/2011, 10:19 AM
The whole Administration is a lying, sleazy, corrupt cesspool and it starts with Sleaze himself.

Don't know why what these turds do surprise you any longer.

OULenexaman
10/4/2011, 10:30 AM
Ooops!!

okie52
10/4/2011, 02:27 PM
Thank God Obama is all about stopping gun trafficking to Mexico.

Midtowner
10/4/2011, 02:45 PM
Holder needs to resign over this. He also shouldn't be practicing law anywhere. Perjury is not no big deal. It is the greatest professional sin an attorney can commit.

diverdog
10/4/2011, 05:38 PM
Holder needs to resign over this. He also shouldn't be practicing law anywhere. Perjury is not no big deal. It is the greatest professional sin an attorney can commit.

Agreed

pphilfran
10/4/2011, 06:10 PM
If this is true it kinda sounds like his is stupid on top of a liar...

Why lie when there is a paper trail showing your lie....not too smart...

Midtowner
10/4/2011, 07:40 PM

Arrogance.

diverdog
10/4/2011, 10:04 PM

This is a typical case of good intentions gone horribly wrong. When that happens heads should roll.

sappstuf
10/5/2011, 04:06 AM

This came to mind when I was reading your post.

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/10312/onionmagazine_archive_52a_jpg_445x1000_upscale_q85 .jpg

OULenexaman
10/6/2011, 09:41 AM
so it appears this has died now and has just become another skeleton tossed into the closet.

cleller
10/6/2011, 10:55 PM
What would Holder do to some policeman he caught lying on the witness stand? Goodbye job, hello Leavenworth.

OULenexaman
10/11/2011, 11:52 AM
looks like this grew some new legs yesterday....possible suponeas coming down soon.

OULenexaman
10/12/2011, 12:24 PM
Gaining steam.....

Congress issues subpoena for Holder, others in 'Fast and Furious' probe

Congressional investigators have issued a subpoena for communications from several top Justice Department officials - including Attorney General Eric Holder - relating to the discredited "Fast and Furious" federal gunrunning operation, according to Rep. Darrell Issa, R-California.

cccasooner2
10/13/2011, 01:23 PM
Here's a picture of Panneta going before the Senate on DOD finances. Does he look like a fool or what?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/111013-panetta-hmed-8a.photoblog600.jpg

OULenexaman
10/13/2011, 01:42 PM
looks scared ****less...

BU BEAR
10/13/2011, 03:12 PM

I dunno. It is kind of toss up between perjury and fiddlin' with the IOLTA.

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2011, 03:37 PM
Eric Holder is a disgraceful liar who should have resigned weeks ago. However, Leon Panetta is an honorable man who did a surprisingly competent job at the CIA. I thought he was one of the absolute worst appointments by Obama, but he turned out to be one of the better choices.

Gates, Panetta, and Clinton were Obama's three best cabinet-level appointments.