PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race 19

CrimsonKel
10/3/2011, 09:40 PM
I'm still getting to know the teams but I don't like any of them as much as I liked Brooke and Claire or Jet and Cord. Its still a new season though. I was surprised that Ethan and Jenna got eliminated so quickly.

rekamrettuB
10/4/2011, 09:14 AM
Jet and Cord? I couldn't get past their names. Momma should be slapped.

3rdgensooner
10/4/2011, 09:46 AM
I like Marcus & Amani, Andy & Tommy, and the twins, so far.

CrimsonKel
10/9/2011, 10:27 PM
I guess it takes me about three episodes to start to get a good feel for the teams. There aren't any teams I dislike so far. Andy and Tommy are probably my favorite. Bill and Cathi are a likeable couple.

I'm kinda bummed that the hotties got eliminated this week. Oh well, so there's less eye candy. It had to happen eventually.

We haven't seen much of Jeremy and Sandy so far. I wonder if that's significant?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/9/2011, 11:06 PM
That brother and sister pair are as annoying as the father/daughter last year where the dad was always wanting to stop to eat instead of race.

Memtig14
10/9/2011, 11:15 PM
I'm kinda bummed that the hotties got eliminated this week. Oh well, so there's less eye candy. It had to happen eventually.

Day wer da smat wuns two.

CrimsonKel
10/16/2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah a non elimination leg. I felt bad for the blondies when they were struggling on the beach. Since they had been lifeguards they might have done better with the coral planting thingy due to their mad swimmimg skilz etc etc.

OUTromBoNado
10/19/2011, 04:41 AM
Me and SoonerDood would smoke all those teams. We'd probably talk a lot of smack. We'd be that season's team of smart-a$$es.

CrimsonKel
10/23/2011, 10:18 PM
I'm really starting to enjoy this season except for Liz and Marie being gone. Laurence was a bit of a beehind this week.

soonerbrat
10/23/2011, 10:49 PM
i missed it tonight :mad:

CrimsonKel
11/20/2011, 10:24 PM
Its too bad that they didn't feature Sandy in her bikini a little more this week.

badger
11/21/2011, 11:16 AM
I got to catch a little between Nascar and MLS championship. The snowboarders were funny. The challenges they had to do with the bodybuilding poses and the legos on the spinny ride were LOL as well

soonerbrat
11/21/2011, 11:35 AM
Still rooting for either Amani & Marcus or Andy & Tommy to win. Andy & Tommy are fun to watch, they're always in a good mood

3rdgensooner
11/21/2011, 12:03 PM
Still rooting for either Amani & Marcus or Andy & Tommy to win. I'm with you on this.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/21/2011, 05:55 PM
Still rooting for either Amani & Marcus or Andy & Tommy to win. Andy & Tommy are fun to watch, they're always in a good moodI liked Andy & Tommy til they screwed Cindy and her bf over a few weeks ago. I'm rooting for Amani & Marcus or the old people. Actually there aren't any teams I can't stand at this point. The last team I didn't like was the team that got booted last week - the one with the grumpy dad.

rekamrettuB
11/22/2011, 09:35 AM
Its too bad that they didn't feature Sandy in her bikini a little more this week.

Amen.

Pulling for Amani and Marcus. I like Marcus. Seems like a good dude.

soonerbrat
11/22/2011, 09:36 AM
I liked Andy & Tommy til they screwed Cindy and her bf over a few weeks ago. I'm rooting for Amani & Marcus or the old people. Actually there aren't any teams I can't stand at this point. The last team I didn't like was the team that got booted last week - the one with the grumpy dad.

how'd they screw over ernie & cindy?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/22/2011, 11:51 AM
how'd they screw over ernie & cindy?Maybe not screw over, but Ernie & Cindy were in the lead and they were jackasses when they passed them. It's part of the game though.

soonerbrat
11/22/2011, 12:09 PM
Maybe not screw over, but Ernie & Cindy were in the lead and they were jackasses when they passed them. It's part of the game though.

i had no problem with that. it's not their fault that Cindy was slow. They're playing the game like they should be. I would've been more irritated if they'd have let them win. it IS a race. getting there first not only won them prizes, it gave them an advantage the next day. sometimes those advantages make a difference in whether or not you finish last the next day. didn't Cindy & Ernie have an express pass one day? They had no qualms about using it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/22/2011, 01:18 PM
i had no problem with that. it's not their fault that Cindy was slow. They're playing the game like they should be. I would've been more irritated if they'd have let them win. it IS a race. getting there first not only won them prizes, it gave them an advantage the next day. sometimes those advantages make a difference in whether or not you finish last the next day. didn't Cindy & Ernie have an express pass one day? They had no qualms about using it.I agree. I had to think about it again. Cindy and Ernie screwed themselves by not U-turning the snowboarders as I recall. I've really enjoyed this season.

CrimsonKel
11/28/2011, 12:40 PM
I was really sad to see Bill and Cathi get eliminated this week. They seem like good people (or should I say good folks?).

3rdgensooner
11/28/2011, 01:14 PM
They do seem like good people. I'd like to see Jeremy and Sandy gone next week.

soonerbrat
11/28/2011, 04:25 PM
They do seem like good people. I'd like to see Jeremy and Sandy gone next week.

this

rekamrettuB
11/28/2011, 04:29 PM
I was really sad to see Bill and Cathi get eliminated this week. They seem like good people (or should I say good folks?).

Unless I'm mistaken they never showed Bill driving the mustang except the donuts. I'm pretty sure they couldn't show it because Bill wouldn't get the car over 27 mph and he took 16 minutes to maneuver through the slalom. I picture him turning, whoops, reverse, drive, whoops, reverse, drive, repeat. Oh...and his blinker was on the whole time.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/28/2011, 05:08 PM
Every week I like Marcus and Amani more.

soonerbrat
11/29/2011, 10:39 AM
I really want Amani & Marcus to win....Snowboarders my 2nd pick. Cindy and Ernie are OK. the other two...i never really liked or disliked them...they're just there. nothing special either way.

3rdgensooner
11/29/2011, 11:14 AM
I really want Amani & Marcus to win....Snowboarders my 2nd pick.I agree. Neither of those pairs has so much as said a cross word to each other (at least as far as we can tell) and I really like that about them.

soonerbrat
11/29/2011, 12:55 PM
yup. Ernie & Cindy have been pretty positive too. Amani & Marcus - you can tell they really love each other and make a great team.

CrimsonKel
12/5/2011, 08:16 AM
I felt a little shocked to see Andy and Tommy be eliminated this week. On some level, does it seem unfair that they were eliminated due to Jeremy and Sandy's cab driver sharing the location of the pit stop with the other two team's cab drivers? Don't get me wrong, they were my least favorite team for some reason and its not uncommon for a team to be eliminated due to the incompetence of their own cab driver but I don't recall any teams being eliminated because of a different team's cab driver sharing information. I know I know, its the luck of the draw. If memory serves, this was a new wrinkle.

Its annoying that Cindy whined about being passed by Jeremy and Sandy's cab when the only reason Ernie and Cindy had any idea where to go was Jeremy and Sandy's cab driver. Ungrateful little twerp much?

Here's an observation. In the recent bodybuilding challenge, it looks like the boys don't have much body hair. Take a look: http://www.aoltv.com/2011/11/17/exclusive-the-amazing-race-its-speedo-time-photos/. I wonder if that is due to Justin an Zev's experience with the Brazilian Body Wax last season? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjEAxcxP9qc. I can't say that I blame them lol. Way to plan ahead.

Can you tell that I am procrastinating about doing my workout? Hey, I'll get under that bar when my subconscious is good and ready.

SoonerDood
12/5/2011, 08:27 AM
Me and SoonerDood would smoke all those teams. We'd probably talk a lot of smack. We'd be that season's team of smart-a$$es.
co-sign

3rdgensooner
12/5/2011, 09:06 AM
It was pointed out to me that every team that wins cars gets eliminated. The curse of the cars

rekamrettuB
12/5/2011, 10:38 AM
I felt a little shocked to see Andy and Tommy be eliminated this week. On some level, does it seem unfair that they were eliminated due to Jeremy and Sandy's cab driver sharing the location of the pit stop with the other two team's cab drivers? Don't get me wrong, they were my least favorite team for some reason and its not uncommon for a team to be eliminated due to the incompetence of their own cab driver but I don't recall any teams being eliminated because of a different team's cab driver sharing information. I know I know, its the luck of the draw. If memory serves, this was a new wrinkle.

That kind of sucked but there were other players eliminated or lost ground when their cabs went the wrong way or didn't know where to go. Certain things are out of their control. Had they known who Tintin was they may have realized sooner that they weren't Charlie Chaplin and would still have time to go back. It's not a million bucks but they had a great time and won a poopload of stuff.

soonerbrat
12/5/2011, 11:19 AM
past seasons have had teams share information, like last year...i remember 3-4 teams sharing info so they could try to delay another team.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/5/2011, 11:54 AM
Really hoping Marcus and Amani win it all. They are the only team left that hasn't whined or bitched about something.

Sidenote: Has anyone else noticed that hellacious bruise Cindy has on her leg. Holy crap. I wonder when that happened.

OrlandoSooner
12/5/2011, 12:11 PM
That kind of sucked but there were other players eliminated or lost ground when their cabs went the wrong way or didn't know where to go. Certain things are out of their control. Had they known who Tintin was they may have realized sooner that they weren't Charlie Chaplin and would still have time to go back. It's not a million bucks but they had a great time and won a poopload of stuff.

Tintin was in Europe before the Trans-Atlantic flight. I don't think it had any impact on the game.

One could argue that if they were slower and closer to the pack in Panama City, they wouldn't have been eliminated. Stage fright on the high wire act between buildings and they would have been middle of the pack. Their taxi cab was out of the "taxi cab alliance" b/c they were so far ahead. I like their chances in a foot race. I know that Cindy does...

rekamrettuB
12/5/2011, 03:22 PM
Tintin was in Europe before the Trans-Atlantic flight. I don't think it had any impact on the game.

One could argue that if they were slower and closer to the pack in Panama City, they wouldn't have been eliminated. Stage fright on the high wire act between buildings and they would have been middle of the pack. Their taxi cab was out of the "taxi cab alliance" b/c they were so far ahead. I like their chances in a foot race. I know that Cindy does...

Oh ya bad example. I was pulling for them too over everyone besides Marcus and Amani. They seemed like they live life.

CrimsonKel
12/11/2011, 10:30 PM
Poor Marcus just couldn't land that plane. Good thing it was just a simulator. I'm very impressed with Amani's patience and goodness. I think Marcus already won the best prize he could when he married her.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/11/2011, 11:39 PM
I was disappointed. I think the nerves got the best of him.

IndySooner
12/12/2011, 09:54 AM
As a Colts fan, I was really pulling for the Pollards. Oh well.

Funny thing is when I lived in Indy, about 10 years ago, I ran into Marcus and Amani at PF Chang's. Amani has changed a LOT from those days. I couldn't believe she was a millionaire's wife back then. She was scary!