PDA

View Full Version : I understand that the whorns are untested

JLEW1818
10/3/2011, 03:52 PM
But since baby McCoy took over, they have looked much better. I don't see any reason why the game would be a blowout.

I'm thinking like .... 31-17

JMO

The Maestro
10/3/2011, 04:07 PM
Might be right, but looking strong against BYU, UCLA and an Iowa State team that kept handing the ball back to texas is not the same as Frank Alexander, Tony Jefferson, Travis Lewis, Ronnell Lewis and Jamell Fleming. If we get them down early by double digits, could be fun...for us!

NormanPride
10/3/2011, 04:11 PM
I love football.

yankee
10/3/2011, 04:15 PM
Coooool story Jlew!

Partial Qualifier
10/3/2011, 04:30 PM
Actually, isn't Ash their starter? lol

JLEW1818
10/3/2011, 04:33 PM
lol he might be.

yes, if we get up early.. hehe.

Always_Sooner
10/3/2011, 06:05 PM
31-17 is an excellent prediction. From observing Texas the first few games they are committing less turnovers/penalties. They are not flashy, but they tend to make teams pay off turnovers. If OU doesn't commit turnovers and avoids sloppiness they should be fine.

VA Sooner
10/3/2011, 06:28 PM
I'm good with 31-17.

Give them an early touchdown then OU D kicks in until a garbage time TD late in the fourth.

CBUS_SOONER
10/3/2011, 06:30 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE kick the sh!t out of * this weekend

trwxxa
10/3/2011, 09:02 PM
The first four games have given them some confidence going into the harder part of their schedule. They probably have not had to show too much for us to game plan off of either.

Heck, this game always scares the (*& out of me anyway.

ouwasp
10/4/2011, 12:14 AM
As long as OU doesn't turn the ball over, I'm thinking the Sooners should be okay...

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/4/2011, 01:13 AM
Some fun facts for you.

So far texas has played teams that avg. scoring 22.78 pts per game, and has kept them at a respectable 14.8 pts per game, or just under 8 pts their normal scoring avg.

While OU has played teams that score an avg of 30.5 pts per game, and we have kept them at an avg of 15.3 per game, which is 15.2 below their avg.

When it comes to offenses, Texas scores 34.3 pts a game against D's that avg. giving up 32 a game. So texas scores 2.3 more pts than their oppositions usually give up.

While OU scores 42.5 pts a game against D's that normally give up on avg. 26.275 pts. Which is 16.275 pts better than the D's they normally play.

So when you do the math and carry the 1, and solve for x, we find that Texas sucks donkey balls.

Okie35
10/4/2011, 01:54 AM
As long as OU doesn't turn the ball over, I'm thinking the Sooners should be okay...

If we don't have any turnovers it will be a blow out.

SoonerKnight
10/4/2011, 05:36 AM
Some fun facts for you.

So far texas has played teams that avg. scoring 22.78 pts per game, and has kept them at a respectable 14.8 pts per game, or just under 8 pts their normal scoring avg.

While OU has played teams that score an avg of 30.5 pts per game, and we have kept them at an avg of 15.3 per game, which is 15.2 below their avg.

When it comes to offenses, Texas scores 34.3 pts a game against D's that avg. giving up 32 a game. So texas scores 2.3 more pts than their oppositions usually give up.

While OU scores 42.5 pts a game against D's that normally give up on avg. 26.275 pts. Which is 16.275 pts better than the D's they normally play.

So when you do the math and carry the 1, and solve for x, we find that Texas sucks donkey balls.

Where were u when I was taking math classes I might have listened.

EatLeadCommie
10/4/2011, 06:01 AM
I know this is pretty much a Master of the Obvious thing, but D-line pressure is going to be key in this game. Texas OC vs. Venables could be very amusing. Brent is often the Greg Davis of defensive coordinators, and I'm pretty sure that the Texas OC has picked apart the game film and will exploit holes he sees, particularly in our secondary. Brent is not likely to have many new things up his sleeve so we'll need to disrupt the UT trickeration and rattle their young QBs.

It will be a dogfight. Won't be surprised if we lose.

Keller Sooner
10/4/2011, 06:50 AM
This game won't be easy. You just know that Texas will throw everything at OU but the kitchen sink.
It's how our D handles it that will make the difference. I've been watching this game all my life and it's never easy, other than a few times, for either team. I'm hoping we can win handily but I always expect a tight fit. On paper, OU is better but it will come down to turnovers and mistakes in my oipinion. This is such a huge rivalry that I always expect the unexpected.

NOVSooner
10/4/2011, 07:39 AM
the last 2 times that OU played Texas with TExas being #11, see the scores from 2000 and 2003......not saying it will be like this, just hope history decides to repeat itself this year as well.

devOUt
10/4/2011, 08:08 AM
Unless we protect the ball like Iowa State, we will win this game. The ***** OL sucks as much as the team it plays for. We will have their two-headed QB running for his life by the third quarter. No player on the ***** offense would start for OU. Special teams are about even, maybe they will serve us another fumbled punt this year. The longhorn DL is average. The game will be won in the trenches. OU 34-17!

TahoeSOONER
10/4/2011, 08:11 AM
I expect ut to try and run the ball, more to keep our offense off the field, and keep it physical early. In the end they won't run the ball effectivly and our WRs and pass game will be too much for their secondary.

OU 38 ut 17