PDA

View Full Version : Travis Lewis...hahahaha

Sooner in Tampa
10/3/2011, 01:20 PM
@TravisLewis28: Feel bad for nebraska . Couldn't win In the B12, then go to the B10 & can't win. maybe c-usa would be a better fit

sooneredaco
10/3/2011, 01:28 PM
Bawhahaha!!! Children of the corn are perpetual losers. Enjoy sucking a little while longer Nebbish oh and say hi to your Aggie cousins

NormanPride
10/3/2011, 01:36 PM
Haha, hope we don't have to face Wisconsin now. :D

The Maestro
10/3/2011, 01:36 PM
Corn never will be great again. Just hard to recruit today's teenager to live in BF Nebraska, freeze your *** off...when you could go somewhere with more winning, better weather and stuff to do the other 357 days a year where there is not a game in Lincoln.

That Ohio State game at Nebraska this Saturday night should be a snoozefest.

thecynic
10/3/2011, 01:50 PM
Corn never will be great again. Just hard to recruit today's teenager to live in BF Nebraska, freeze your *** off...when you could go somewhere with more winning, better weather and stuff to do the other 357 days a year where there is not a game in Lincoln.

That Ohio State game at Nebraska this Saturday night should be a snoozefest.

uuuhhh, other than the winning, ya looked around OKC/Norman for very long? We aint exactly the entertainment capital of the world.

The Maestro
10/3/2011, 01:54 PM
uuuhhh, other than the winning, ya looked around OKC/Norman for very long? We aint exactly the entertainment capital of the world.

I agree. Oklahoma is the exception to the rule in college football now. Big city, great weather, great atmosphere. The only edge OU has is great tradition, facilities, incredible coaching staff and built for folks that like to win. It is a credit to the supporters, tradition and staff at OU.

picasso
10/3/2011, 01:55 PM
I think in a few more years Pelini will have Nebraska as good as anyone else in the Big 10.

Sooner_Tuf
10/3/2011, 03:23 PM

Oklahoma's a great place. What have you been smoking?

usaosooner
10/3/2011, 03:26 PM
lmao

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/3/2011, 03:39 PM
Prediction: Bugeater will have its tx recruiting successes grind to a near halt. They will be reduced to recruiting the fastest kids from Illinois, Minnesota, the Dakotas and Manitoba.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/3/2011, 03:43 PM
Nebraska fell apart when their county walk-in program was banned. That was one of the most dirty not-so-secrets going on in all of college football. Well that, and losing Tom Osborne.

badger
10/3/2011, 03:52 PM
Maybe the Big Ten will like Dr. Ozzy recruit partial qualifiers again :rolleyes:

I do think Nebby recruiting in Texas will drop, but not completely vanish.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/3/2011, 03:55 PM
I think in a few more years Pelini will have Nebraska as good as anyone else in the Big 10.

I don't know if Pelini will last that long

SoonerMom2
10/3/2011, 04:06 PM
Pelini is not the answer! As for the person picking on Norman and Oklahoma, we have lived on both coasts, in Texas, and Ohio and I will take Norman, OK, over any other place I have lived or visited for a long period of time, and it is not close. With the Cheasapeake Center for the Thunder, OKC is a first class city just up the way on I-35. Norman is a great place to live. Every time I go to Dallas I am reminded how much I love Oklahoma! In fact every time I leave the state I am reminded when I cross the border that I am so happy to be home.

10/3/2011, 04:21 PM
Pelini is not the answer! As for the person picking on Norman and Oklahoma, we have lived on both coasts, in Texas, and Ohio and I will take Norman, OK, over any other place I have lived or visited for a long period of time, and it is not close. With the Cheasapeake Center for the Thunder, OKC is a first class city just up the way on I-35. Norman is a great place to live. Every time I go to Dallas I am reminded how much I love Oklahoma! In fact every time I leave the state I am reminded when I cross the border that I am so happy to be home.It's a da*n fine place. Don't tell EVERYBODY!

KantoSooner
10/3/2011, 04:35 PM
It's a da*n fine place. Don't tell EVERYBODY!

ding, ding, ding!!!

I spent most of my life living on the coasts or in foreign countries and always got the little smirk when I identified myself as Oklahoman. For a long time, I tried to reason with people, citing the many attractive aspects of life in our state.
Then it struck me: if I succeeded, some of those folks might move here. Now I just give them the 'mmm hmmm' and move on. Let them live in some suckass hell hole like LA or NYC. I'm where I want to be.

Prodigal
10/3/2011, 04:55 PM
I have always liked and respected Nebraska - the university, state, and program. I hope they win the conference regularly and I think they will be competitive. I am not a fan of Pelini, though.

jk the sooner fan
10/3/2011, 04:56 PM
i wish our players wouldnt tweet crap like that

badger
10/3/2011, 04:58 PM
Oklahoma's a great place. What have you been smoking?

Exactly. People are going where the jobs are now, and that's largely in the south, even if we don't have a big huge rust belt to brag about like Big Ten country.

I smiled a little when I saw the big Devon tower rising in OKC en route to the game Saturday. I know that "The South will rise again" can be interpreted in not-nice ways, but the South is truly rising right about now. In your face, coastal elitists.

10/3/2011, 05:02 PM
Exactly. People are going where the jobs are now, and that's largely in the south, even if we don't have a big huge rust belt to brag about like Big Ten country.

I smiled a little when I saw the big Devon tower rising in OKC en route to the game Saturday. I know that "The South will rise again" can be interpreted in not-nice ways, but the South is truly rising right about now. In your face, coastal elitists.As long as the oil industry is in private hands, OK will be ahead of most places that don't have it.

oumartin
10/3/2011, 05:29 PM
Has Lewis banned suspended yet by Stoops for using tweeter?

Sooner_Tuf
10/3/2011, 05:32 PM
Wasn't he quoting Bob?

oumartin
10/3/2011, 05:35 PM
google it up!

AlboSooner
10/3/2011, 07:16 PM
In the end, this does neither good nor harm.

AlboSooner
10/3/2011, 07:19 PM
OSU is the only Big 10 team to have played and won a BCS NC. Nebraska despite playing in a weak big 12 north made only one NC appearance. It will interesting to see of they take advantage of OSU being down.

picasso
10/3/2011, 07:48 PM
Pelini is not the answer! As for the person picking on Norman and Oklahoma, we have lived on both coasts, in Texas, and Ohio and I will take Norman, OK, over any other place I have lived or visited for a long period of time, and it is not close. With the Cheasapeake Center for the Thunder, OKC is a first class city just up the way on I-35. Norman is a great place to live. Every time I go to Dallas I am reminded how much I love Oklahoma! In fact every time I leave the state I am reminded when I cross the border that I am so happy to be home.
Pelini is the best coach they've had since Dr. Tom. The Rat was Gary Gibbs part two.

hotshot13422
10/3/2011, 08:41 PM

Don't know if he has been banned from twitter, but he got in trouble for it. He went back and deleted all his tweets off his account

8timechamps
10/3/2011, 08:48 PM
I was disappointed when I saw this. Travis is a team leader, and has the ability to let his play do all of his talking. Can't say I know first-hand, but from what I've read, he likes to talk a lot of trash on the field, and I like that. Some guys do it to get into the other players heads, while others do it as a release. Either way, I think it's part of football.

In my own little world, the entire team is only focused on eating, sleeping, schoolwork and texas. But, I know that's not reality.

Sooner_Tuf
10/3/2011, 09:01 PM
I can't say I was disappointed. Nebraska has been a large part of his focus for probably 25% of his life. Remember he was originally committed to Nebraska before switching to OU on signing day. He has taken a lot of guff from Nebraska fans. He has paid them back with stellar games against them. I guess he decided to take a twitter shot over their bow. I thought it was pretty funny and not to far off factually.

Go TLew!

OU_Sooners75
10/3/2011, 09:29 PM

Are you talking Minnesota good?

8timechamps
10/3/2011, 09:32 PM
I can't say I was disappointed. Nebraska has been a large part of his focus for probably 25% of his life. Remember he was originally committed to Nebraska before switching to OU on signing day. He has taken a lot of guff from Nebraska fans. He has paid them back with stellar games against them. I guess he decided to take a twitter shot over their bow. I thought it was pretty funny and not to far off factually.

Go TLew!

I didn't even think about the Nebraska recruiting history. I guess it's somewhat merited...still, I'd rather our players do all of their talking on the field.

picasso
10/4/2011, 10:34 PM
Are you talking Minnesota good?
Are you talking about the same Nebraska that gave us all we wanted last year in Dallas and beat our *** in '09?

GottaHavePride
10/4/2011, 11:03 PM
What, players aren't allowed to be college students, too?

As long as they're not giving away gameplans, I don't care if they have Twitter. Hell, I don't care if T-Lew blogs about "that muhfugga Wort punched me in the kidneys during practice AGAIN! I'm gonna go shave his cat."

Sooner in Tampa
10/5/2011, 06:01 AM
Are you talking about the same Nebraska that gave us all we wanted last year in Dallas and beat our *** in '09?

Sorry pic...I disagree with your assesement about Pelini.

As far as the corn...I see them being a third place team in the B1G over the long haul...Meatchicken is on the rise and osu will return to prominence after they serve their penalty and Wisconsin is not going anywhere. ..Not to mention what the future holds in store for Penn State.

soonergirlNeugene
10/5/2011, 07:36 AM
Well, maybe this will encourage them to schedule that series with us so they can settle their grievances on the football field. I doubt it though.

Caboose
10/5/2011, 07:52 AM
i wish our players wouldnt tweet crap like that

I wish our players wouldn't tweet at all. I would much rather them let their play do their talking for them.

Further I wish Twitter would just go away. It is awful.

picasso
10/5/2011, 07:53 AM
Sorry pic...I disagree with your assesement about Pelini.

As far as the corn...I see them being a third place team in the B1G over the long haul...Meatchicken is on the rise and osu will return to prominence after they serve their penalty and Wisconsin is not going anywhere. ..Not to mention what the future holds in store for Penn State.
I get it but where's the stretch? Pelini is one good RB away from having a pretty stout team.
I'm not convinced the powers in the Big 10 are unbeatable.

Soonerwake
10/5/2011, 08:27 AM
I get it but where's the stretch? Pelini is one good QB away from having a pretty stout team.
I'm not convinced the powers in the Big 10 are unbeatable.

fify - Martinez is awful..

CrimsonJim
10/5/2011, 08:29 AM

No, he was not crying about his involvement (or lack thereof) in the game plan. :monkey:

jkjsooner
10/5/2011, 09:37 AM
I agree. Oklahoma is the exception to the rule in college football now. Big city, great weather, great atmosphere. The only edge OU has is great tradition, facilities, incredible coaching staff and built for folks that like to win. It is a credit to the supporters, tradition and staff at OU.

Say what? How are we the exception to the rule? Tuscaloosa? Auburn? Baton Rouge?

Last checked UCLA/USC/Miami/etc are pretty down. It seems like the nice weather / big city angle isn't working so well at the moment.