PDA

View Full Version : Inauspicious Debuts for our former conference brethren

SoonerNomad
10/3/2011, 01:17 PM
Which is worse? Nebraska's 48-17 beatdown on the road at Wisconsin, or Colorado's 31-27 home loss to perennial Pac 12 patsy Washington State? The grass isn't always greener.

Dio
10/3/2011, 02:04 PM
or C) Aggie's implosion v. Arky? SEC! SEC! SEC!

texas bandman
10/3/2011, 02:07 PM
Good riddance to all those slackers!!

Lott's Bandana
10/3/2011, 02:18 PM
Travis Lewis just pissed all over Nebbish:

RT @TravisLewis28 (http://twitter.com/#%21/TravisLewis28): Feel bad for nebraska . Couldn't win In the B12, then go to the B10 & can't win. maybe c-usa would be a better fit

AlboSooner
10/3/2011, 02:26 PM
Travis Lewis just pissed all over Nebbish:

RT @TravisLewis28 (http://twitter.com/#%21/TravisLewis28): Feel bad for nebraska . Couldn't win In the B12, then go to the B10 & can't win. maybe c-usa would be a better fit

ohhhh snap!

OhU1
10/3/2011, 02:33 PM
Colorado is worse than Iowa State. Hard to believe those guys were yearly national title contenders who regularly kicked our *** all over the 1990s.

I predict Nebraska will melt down on Pelini in the next year or two.

badger
10/3/2011, 02:46 PM
The Huskers were cute on their board. I posted a few in the "meltdown" thread I started --- lots of going back and forth on whether Bo's temper is a good or bad thing.

SoonerLaw09
10/3/2011, 02:52 PM
The won't have to fire Bo...he'll stroke out on the sidelines during one of these a$z-whoopins.

Sooner1972
10/3/2011, 02:57 PM
If Mizzou was smart they would take note of this. It is not so easy to win once you leave this conference. Nebraska got demolished in their first B1G game after almost winning the B12-3 conference championship, Colorado might now be the worst team in the PAC after sometimes going to the conference championship in the North division, and A&M just lost their first game of many to an SEC team after announcing their move.

Mizzery can almost always guarantee themselves a winning record if they stay in the remnants of this conference, while their schedule would be 10,000 times as tough in the SEC. Think carefully Mizzery, think very carefully.

rekamrettuB
10/3/2011, 03:24 PM
I would say lossing by a ton when you were ranked in the top 10 is not a great way to start your new affiliation. I think we all assumed Colorado would compete against Washington State for the doormat of that conference.

agoo758
10/3/2011, 05:59 PM
Washington State is getting better and is arguably a better team that Colorado. Nebraska was exposed.

CBUS_SOONER
10/3/2011, 06:31 PM
in time the corn will do just fine in that sorry conf

SoonerPride
10/3/2011, 07:30 PM
in time the corn will do just fine in that sorry conf

I disagree.

I think they slip into sustained mediocrity.

They have all the attractions of Iowa State and none of the natural recruiting affiliations of Michigan or Ohio State.

They no longer will appeal to Texas recruits since they no longer make appearances in the state. Their natural recruiting base will shift to the northern plains and rust belt where they will be hard pressed to make inroads versus the established powers.

I think NU is screwed.

We'll see.

trwxxa
10/3/2011, 09:12 PM
Which is worse? Nebraska's 48-17 beatdown on the road at Wisconsin, or Colorado's 31-27 home loss to perennial Pac 12 patsy Washington State? The grass isn't always greener.

Neither school has to deal with the whorns crap any more.

I think the grass is quite green in their eyes

trwxxa
10/3/2011, 09:13 PM
I disagree.

I think they slip into sustained mediocrity.

They have all the attractions of Iowa State and none of the natural recruiting affiliations of Michigan or Ohio State.

They no longer will appeal to Texas recruits since they no longer make appearances in the state. Their natural recruiting base will shift to the northern plains and rust belt where they will be hard pressed to make inroads versus the established powers.

I think NU is screwed.
We'll see.

Agreed

Sooner_Tuf
10/3/2011, 09:56 PM
I'll miss Nebraska being the Big 8 err Big XII. The same with Texas A&M, their comedic value alone is pretty good. While I'll miss Colorado I am happy for them being in the PAC. They are a better fit there and they have wanted to be there for a long time. They get the right staff in there and they will be OK. It shouldn't be hard to recruit to Boulder.

Texas A&M may regret their move down the line but I think just being in the SEC may be enough for them to hang their hat on. I'm not sure Nebraska will regret their move to the B1G. They really wanted away from Texas and I can't say I blame them. Colorado won't regret going to the PAC. Heck Colorado Fans wouldn't care if they went to the Mountain West, they might not even notice. Probably be a few years before most of their fans realize they haven't played Nebraska for a while.

cantwait48
10/3/2011, 11:04 PM
unless they find a new steroid that is not detected in a **** test they will suck forever, we should be ashamed for not beating their arse last year by 30