PDA

View Full Version : Rumor has it, Trey Franks will be back for the Texas game....

OU_Sooners75
10/3/2011, 11:06 AM
I guess we will find out...but if he is, this is great news. For the first time this year, our WR corps will be at full strength.

SoonerMarkVA
10/3/2011, 11:14 AM
I gotta say, Jaz looks to be playing at a higher level than Trey was before. Should be great for competition in practices!

NormanPride
10/3/2011, 11:21 AM
Different styles. Getting Jaz in means we could move Broyles to the slot more and get him against safeties and nickel corners.

Partial Qualifier
10/3/2011, 11:25 AM
Did Dejuan Miller get any PT saturday??

LVSOONER15
10/3/2011, 11:31 AM
Good news. But lets see what happens.

oudavid1
10/3/2011, 11:33 AM
Good News! Favorite Player!

NormanPride
10/3/2011, 11:38 AM

I bet he does. He did last year, but that was because Landry didn't have much time and we needed someone big to throw to. I think we give him more time this year and he has a chance to stretch the field with Jaz and Kenny.

Crimson Kid
10/3/2011, 11:40 AM
On his twitter it say's I'm baccck!!!

Widescreen
10/3/2011, 12:12 PM
Jaz has done just fine. Franks may be reinstated but I wouldn't bet much that he'll play a lot. Trey's a fantastic athlete but he has this weird habit of stumbling just as he heads upfield. Hopefully he can get that fixed.

badger
10/3/2011, 02:41 PM
Rumor confirmed!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20111003_231_0_NORMAN712715)

Oklahoma wide receiver/kickoff returner Trey Franks has been reinstated, Bob Stoops confirmed Monday. That potentially puts Franks back on the field Saturday against Texas, after a two-game suspension for what Stoops termed violation of "multiple" team rules.

oumartin
10/3/2011, 02:58 PM
Stoops needs to relax. I bet ya Nick Saban wouldn't suspend anyone during the season.

Keller Sooner
10/3/2011, 03:04 PM
I don't mean any disrespect to Trey. but it looks like when he catches the ball, he is looking to get down, rather than keep his feet and get as many yards after catch as he can. He has really good hands and speed though.

cccasooner2
10/3/2011, 05:29 PM
I don't mean any disrespect to Trey. but it looks like when he catches the ball, he is looking to get down, rather than keep his feet and get as many yards after catch as he can. He has really good hands and speed though.

That is why he was suspended. Trey violated two team rules 1) looking to get down following catching of a ball and 2) carrying out the threat by purposely falling down to avoid any attempt at going for extra yards.

badger
10/3/2011, 05:53 PM
That is why he was suspended. Trey violated two team rules 1) looking to get down following catching of a ball and 2) carrying out the threat by purposely falling down to avoid any attempt at going for extra yards.

I would love for this rumor to be taken as fact publicly. That way, if Trey ever does it again, we can all scream "NOOOOOO, TREY! You'll get suspended againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" :D

Keller Sooner
10/3/2011, 08:00 PM
LOL. That's not the reason he was suspended, but if he would keep his feet he would be a better receiver in my opinion.

AzianSooner
10/3/2011, 09:18 PM
can Jaz block for the running game?

OUVarsityXV
10/3/2011, 09:46 PM
Jaz is playing his *** off. He has made more explosive plays than Trey thus far. Should be a good practice and hopefully the coaches make the right choice.

8timechamps
10/3/2011, 09:50 PM

He was out there, just quiet. I really thought he was going to have a big year (and, I guess he still could), but so far he's been somewhat quiet. He's got the size to be a prototypical NFL receiver, but he's gonna have to step it up if he's going to move up on the big board.

Papaw

SoonerNutt
10/4/2011, 09:41 AM
He was out there, just quiet. I really thought he was going to have a big year (and, I guess he still could), but so far he's been somewhat quiet. He's got the size to be a prototypical NFL receiver, but he's gonna have to step it up if he's going to move up on the big board.

Papaw

I am right there with you on this one. Dejuan Miller has a world of potential, but after being given chance after chance, he just hasn't become the player alot of us want him to be. I won't dwell on it. Everybody doesn't have the stuff to become a superstar, and we've got plenty of guys at that position. With RB and Stills out there, everyone else is a role-player anyway, but I really hoped DM was going to step up this year.

I Am Right
10/4/2011, 04:18 PM
Wont play!