MO_Sooner
10/2/2011, 09:16 PM
Went to the Rams-Redskins game today. Holy Crap!!!!! The
Rams are bad. Sam got pounded today. Their o-line stinks
and they have no WR's that are any kind of threat. They
couldn't get open so Sam was having to hold on to the ball
a little longer than he should. Don't know what was wrong
with their starting punt returner. I don't think he knew he
could call for a fair catch. Got murdered his first two returns.
Redskins got two personal fouls called on each one. The
loudest applause the whole game was when their next return
man called for a fair catch. Gonna be a long season in St.
Louis. For those that think Sam has taken a step back.
The Rams lead the league in dropped passes and they added
to that total today with about 10. He has NO help.

nighttrain12
10/2/2011, 11:18 PM
Oh well, at least he is rich as hell. If he had gone out a year earlier, he likely would have hooked up with a better NFL team.

King Barry's Back
10/3/2011, 12:18 AM
Oh well, at least he is rich as hell. If he had gone out a year earlier, he likely would have hooked up with a better NFL team.

Yeah, I wish I was rich as hell.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/3/2011, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I wish I was rich as hell.Don't worry! Your health is your wealth!

swardboy
10/3/2011, 07:02 AM
Don't worry! Your health is your wealth!

Well then, I'm a zillionaire.....(fingers crossed).

The current St. Louis regime has had 3 years to right the ship. Last year's #1 (tackle Roger Saffold) has simply regressed badly. The free agent receiver (williams) hasn't shown up on the field. Most of the team's the Rams have played are 3-1, so the schedule has been brutal for a team with a new offense that didn't have a ghost of pre-season preparation time, but the natives are restless.

Aries
10/3/2011, 07:28 AM
It's all the things mentioned above and them some. I'd like to see Spagnuolo get another year, I think they were headed the right direction, but this season has been the perfect storm.

Tough Schedule first half of the season. They'll win some games in the second half, but will probably be too far behind to catch up. They really needed to steal 2-3 of the first 8 to have a good shot at the division.

Lack of talent especially at WR. When Danny freakin' Amendola is your best WR, that doesn't cause defensive coordinators to lose sleep, and HE is injured.

Injuries. Amendola and Mark Clayton will be back by week 7 (Amendola probably week after next) which will help. And they've lost something like 3 of their top 4 CB's to injury?

New offensive system, with no significant time to install in the offseason. The OL is clearly not playing up to their talent, and I think this is a lot of the reason.

Dropped passes, dropped passes, dropped passes.... wait, there's ANOTHER one..

There are some things Sam could be doing better, but he's not really the problem. They seriously need to get comfortable with this offensive system, and need a threat at WR. I SO with they could have gotten Julio Jones.

BigJerm7
10/3/2011, 08:33 AM
Spags won't make it a full season.

badger
10/3/2011, 08:35 AM
Spags won't make it a full season.

Agree. Someone needs to be held accountable and its usually not the players (unless they're overpaid vets who can get cut without a huge salary cap hit)