PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance

MamaMia
10/2/2011, 08:04 PM
What percentage do you pay for yourselves and then for your family members? What type and size of business is it; meaning how many employees, how many branches? ..that sort of thing?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/2/2011, 08:09 PM
Non-profit, about 1000 employees, for family coverage we pay about 1/3 of cost and employer pays the rest.

MamaMia
10/2/2011, 08:44 PM
Non-profit, about 1000 employees, for family coverage we pay about 1/3 of cost and employer pays the rest. Thanks...If you were the only individual on the policy, what percentage would you have to pay?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/2/2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks...If you were the only individual on the policy, what percentage would you have to pay?

Per month:

Employee Only: $84
Employee + 1 Dependent: $204
Employee + Family: $284

sorry I don't have the percentages. I know the target for family coverage is 33%

soonersis
10/2/2011, 10:02 PM
I have a 3 person business and the company pays 100% on both employees and 100% of dental on the part timer.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/2/2011, 10:33 PM
I cover all the healthcare expenses for my pimping business.

Frozen Sooner
10/2/2011, 10:37 PM
Government job: they pay 100% medical, dental, vision.
Private sector gig: they pay 100% medical, dental. I pay 25% cost of the vision. About 100 employees.

Not sure what any co-pays are off the top of my head.

MamaMia
10/3/2011, 12:46 AM
We have a small company; a dental clinic. We pay 100% of their medical and we do all their dentistry for free, minus the lab fees after one year of employment. The problem is that our insurance company, which is through the Chamber of Commerce, has raised their prices. They have gone up 27.6% since January 2010. Thats a bunch for our small business. Of course the price of everything we purchase to keep the business open has gone way up as well. ~sigh~

badger
10/3/2011, 08:15 AM
We have a small company; a dental clinic. We pay 100% of their medical and we do all their dentistry for free, minus the lab fees after one year of employment. The problem is that our insurance company, which is through the Chamber of Commerce, has raised their prices. They have gone up 27.6% since January 2010. Thats a bunch for our small business. Of course the price of everything we purchase to keep the business open has gone way up as well. ~sigh~

So you had a lot of your employees file claims lately, huh?

At least that's the excuse my employer gave when they jacked up rates on everyone. We do insurance through NP's company, but just looking at the figures (about $200 per month for non-smokers, $500-something for smokers) would make me never want to even second-hand smoke, let alone first-hand.

If you either had a lot of claims or people that smoke, you might be justified in passing on some costs to your employees, because that seems to be what other companies do when either happens.

soonersis
10/3/2011, 10:57 AM
Don't do the Chamber plan. Now you should be able to get BCBS with out it. I made sure my plan wasn't grandfathered and it actually went down by about $200.00 per month. If you have an agent they should also be able to look around for you.

NormanPride
10/3/2011, 11:34 AM
I hate changing insurance companies... And I work in that industry!

JohnnyMack
10/3/2011, 11:37 AM
So you had a lot of your employees file claims lately, huh?

At least that's the excuse my employer gave when they jacked up rates on everyone. We do insurance through NP's company, but just looking at the figures (about $200 per month for non-smokers, $500-something for smokers) would make me never want to even second-hand smoke, let alone first-hand.

If you either had a lot of claims or people that smoke, you might be justified in passing on some costs to your employees, because that seems to be what other companies do when either happens.

We're a small business with 4 employees on the plan (2 individual, 2 family). I know the one year we didn't outkick our coverage and file a ton of claims, we saw a decrease in our premiums for the next year. Insurance companies are just recouping what that lay out the previous year.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/3/2011, 12:05 PM
The tribe pays my premium and my kids, but my wife is a whitey so I have to pay 200 bucks a month for her

GDC
10/3/2011, 12:54 PM
I too am injun and therefore don't have to pay ****.