PDA

View Full Version : OU vs UT Parking

THEE12NV
10/2/2011, 07:55 PM
Heading up from the Houston area to watch the game, any good parking spots to the West of the Cotton Bowl? Last year I think we paid $20 to park in front of somebody's house off of MLK avenue.

MyT Oklahoma
10/2/2011, 11:03 PM
Last time I went (1989) we parked downtown and took a bus to Fair Park. I assume that still works.

yermom
10/2/2011, 11:12 PM
I got there late one year and parked in a sketchy area and got blocked in. That's the worst that's happened in ten years of going. Fair parking and riding the shuttle in seems about the best way.

Waiting on the train to leave sucked, otherwise parking at a dart stop and riding in wasn't too bad.

Fraggle145
10/5/2011, 02:11 PM
I did the DART thing the first year and we ended up late to the game and then there was the 4 hour+ line to get on to go back home. We took a cab. Did anyone do it last year? is the service any better?

erniebanks
10/5/2011, 02:39 PM
There is a school a block off of MLK very close to the Dart Station (sorry don't remember the name of the school). They do parking on their football field. Think it's $20. The school's coaches are the ones out there doing the parking and they are there when the game is over and you are leaving. Makes me feel a lot better than just parking in some yard in that neighborhood. They do cram a lot of cars in, but they won't block you in.

We've been parking there for quite a few years.

Boomer!

golden85
10/5/2011, 03:20 PM
Park at the school on MLK (Madison High School between Meyers and Meadow). If I remember correctly, the ROTC program watches the parking lot along with the athletic program. Good group of people and will use the money for a good cause. I remember one year they were cooking hotdogs in the parking lot and gave us a couple of free dogs when we got back to the car.

WestAustinSooner
10/5/2011, 03:24 PM
We've been parking at the Church of the Maranatha on Garland avenue that connects Haskell and Peak. Take Haskell east until the last left before the fairgrounds and that's Garland. Church is up one block on your right. Its fenced in and safe. Once the game is over its a short walk from the fair entrance and you just turn east onto Peak from Garland. We've been parking there for almost 30 years.

nighttrain12
10/5/2011, 07:57 PM
What about parking at the Texas State Fair? Do they run out of spots by the time the game starts? I really don't care about price, only convenience.