PDA

View Full Version : 10/8: vBookie oddball (Beat Texas week!)

badger
10/2/2011, 04:52 PM
I am bored so I am just going to go ahead and get this one over with right away.

Your polls for reference to determine whether a ranked team falls to an unranked team (or doesn't) is here. (http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings)

Remember that "ranked" means either poll or both polls, while "unranked" means not ranked in either! For example, Baylor is only ranked in one poll, but they are still counted as a "ranked" team. A team like Houston, which is only receiving votes but not in either top 25 at the moment, is an "unranked" team.

Coaches Hot Seat does not appear to have been updated yet (WSU pulled off a win over Colorado, which should bring Wulff down a notch) and Bottom 10 does not update till Weds, so I will hold off on those for the moment.

Lee Corso will be at Dallas to determine what headgear to wear.

Will the Big 12 be undefeated this week in non-conference play? Of course --- they don't play any non-conference opponents! Thus, I will alter it a tad this week: Will the Big 12 teams that play in their home stadium be undefeated? OU-Texas will not count obviously. The matchups are:

Kansas @ OSU
Mizzou @ KSU
ISU @ Baylor
Texas A&M @ Tech

I think there's a significant amount of doubt to be placed in home-field advantage this week, but who knows. I will give you 8 to 1 on this.

How much do we need to pray for much-needed wins for Stoops' former assistants Kevin Wilson and Mike Stoops? Indiana hosts #19 Illinois. Arizona travels to Oregon State. I can't give you 100 to 1 odds on that again, but because these teams are getting close but still losing every week, I will give you 25 to 1.

Here's a new addition: Big 12 traitors. I would like you to predict if Colorado, Nebraska and Texas A&M will all win or all lose. NOTHING in between, all or nothing. Nebraska hosts Ohio State, Colorado will lose at Stanford and again, A&M travels to Sandy Lubbock. I will give outrageous odds at the mere thought of CU beating Stanford, while everyone losing will get similar but not the same outrageous odds at the thought of hapless Tech beating the Aggies. 10 to 1 for everyone losing, 100 to 1 for everyone winning. Remember --- ALL or NOTHING. Not anything in between. You wanna bet on single game outcomes, go to the Top 25/Big 12/OU events!

As always, the vBookie vBank will happily take your extra vCash and return it to you by Sunday with 0.5 percent interest.

Have suggests for vBookie oddball? Please let us know!

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2011, 07:10 PM
Here's one:

How many times does Daddy McCoy get shown on TV during the game?

I'm thinking deja vu all over again.

badger
10/3/2011, 09:01 AM
Um... let me take that one to flak. He might be up for some interesting OU-Texas options since he's doing that one this week :D

badger
10/3/2011, 12:31 PM
Coaches Hot Seat has been updated!

If you haven't heard of this site, check it out here. (http://coacheshotseat.com/) Basically, it tracks who really needs wins the most because of not performing up to expectations, a lot of losing, a big contract, you name it.

Your list this week is:

1- UCLA's weasel
2- UAB's Callaway
3- Oregon State's Riley
4- Mike Stoops :(
5- Boston College's Spaziani
6- Cal's Tedford
7- Ole Miss' Nutter
8- NC State's O'Brien
9- UGA's Richt
10- Wazzu's Wulff

Only consider these 10 when betting.

The one rule on "Hot Seat coach loses" is that they can't lose to another hot seat coach, that would be lame for me to count that, wouldn't it? So, just predict who will stick another nail in his coaching coffin by losing.

boomersooner28
10/4/2011, 07:48 AM
Odds the camera crew during the RRS pans to a Longhorn fan in tears.

badger
10/4/2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks to an OSU thing (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?Positive_information_plentiful_for _OSUs_media_relations_office/11-12769), I have just gotten a brilliant oddball idea!

There are 15 (count em, 15!) UNDEFEATED teams left in FBS. There are six (yes, SIX!) completely defeated teams left in FBS.

I'd love you all to predict how many will be left standing after this weekend.

Obviously, some will be out thanks to the "no ties" rule in college football. So, I'm not gonna give you an OU-Texas freebie, for example.

15 Undefeated teams left.

Big Ten:
Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan

ACC:
Clemson
Georgia Tech

Big 12:
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Texas Tech
Kansas State

CUSA:
Houston

Mt. West:
Boise State

PXII
Stanford

SEC:
Alabama
LSU

Week 6 Games:

Oklahoma* v. Texas*
Clemson* v. Boston College
Georgia Tech* v. Maryland
Kansas St.* Missouri
Oklahoma St.* v. Kansas
Texas Tech* v. Texas A&M
Michigan* @ Northwestern
Illinois* @ Indiana
Houston* v. East Carolina
Boise St.* @ Fresno State (Friday Night)
Stanford* v. Colorado
Alabama* v. Vanderbilt
LSU* v. Florida

Wisconsin is on BYE

One has to fall, one is on bye, and one is in for a rude awakening (I'm looking at you, Texas Tech). I would like you to tell me if at least 12 undefeated teams will be left after Saturday.

Florida Atlantic, Western Kentucky, UAB, Oregon State, Miami (Ohio) and New Mexico have a combined record of 0-25, as the only winless teams left in FBS. Here is what they are looking at this week:

FAU @ North Texas
WKU @ Middle Tennessee
UAB vs. Mississippi State
Oregon State vs. Arizona
Miami (OH) vs. Army
New Mexico vs. Bye

Aside from New Mexico, is there any team that has a hope and prayer of winning its first game of the season? Judging on their opponents, I'd have to say yes. But what say you?

I will be back hopefully tomorrow with Bottom 10.

badger
10/5/2011, 11:20 AM
I must say that the coveted #5 spot in this week's Bottom 10 definitely deserves it :D

Link (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom10111005/texas-aggies-suffers-second-hangover)

BUT... I fully expect them to win this week, so I have to leave them out of this week's Bottom 10 vBet consideration to improve the payout opportunity.

So, your Bottom 10 rules this week are as follows:

1- The Bottom 10 win cannot be against another Bottom 10 team!
2- The Bottom 10 win cannot be Texas A&M beating stupid overrated Tech!

If you think they'll lose, there's already some traitor options for you posted above :)

badger
10/7/2011, 08:09 AM
A big hearty congrats to our winless population dwindling by one as Western Kentucky beats 1-win Middle Tennessee in double overtime.

Alas, that means some odds have to change for those of you that didn't get your vBets in already. As in, 1 in 10k. However, if you got your vBetting in early, you will get your original payout odds.

badger
10/7/2011, 09:13 AM
Oh, and Tedford lost AAAAAAGAAAAAINNN last night, so I'm taking Coaches Hot Seat off as well.

See people??? THIS is why you need to vBet early and often to get in on kick arse betting odds before I shut em down!

badger
10/8/2011, 10:40 PM
Lee smartly picked OU.

Goodbye, FSU ranking.

Tech ruined the homefield Big 12 vBet.

Colorado ruined the traitor-win vBet.

11 undefeated teams won, but Wisconsin remains undefeated by virtue of being on bye.