PDA

View Full Version : OU #1 Texas #10 in the Coaches its a top 10 machup this week.

dennis580
10/2/2011, 01:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

soonerboy_odanorth
10/2/2011, 02:00 PM
And if Landry's Cotton Bowl outing is similar to his last two, we stand a good chance of losing this game. Which is unfortunate, because I think once this team (and Landry) gets a loss out of its system, it will start playing like they have nothing to lose and start stomping teams again. The unfortuanate part being that they haven't found a way to relax and cut loose without taking one on the chin. I know, I know, I sound like we are 0-4 instead of 4-0. But the eyes see what they see... and right now I don't think we look good in some key areas.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/2/2011, 04:00 PM
And if Landry's Cotton Bowl outing is similar to his last two, we stand a good chance of losing this game. Which is unfortunate, because I think once this team (and Landry) gets a loss out of its system, it will start playing like they have nothing to lose and start stomping teams again. The unfortuanate part being that they haven't found a way to relax and cut loose without taking one on the chin. I know, I know, I sound like we are 0-4 instead of 4-0. But the eyes see what they see... and right now I don't think we look good in some key areas.

Since we can't bitch about the following anymore:

1. Oklahoma can't win close games.
2. Oklahoma can't win on the road.
3. Oklahoma can't come from behind and win.

Let's bitch about something different! :fat:

I agree there are some issues though, which so far have been the following:

1. Giving up the big play despite not being an aggressive blitzing defense because Coach Vulnerables hates that philosophy.

2. Giving up 129 rushing yards per game after 4 games. Waaaaaaaay to much.

3. While Landry's completion percentage is very good, he has been off so far this season in terms of the 10 TDs to 5 INTs and has thrown a lot of high passes that have been fortunately caught by Oklahoma's athletic receivers, but that eliminates YAC potential in the vast majority of cases. Just a gut feeling, but I bet Landry gets things really rolling from the OU/TX game on. What I do like about Landry is he is unphased by mistakes, so that he recovers easy, which helps the Sooner offense recover easy should they get behind ala the Nebraska game last season and the Missouri game this season.

It is pleasing to see Oklahoma running the ball much better than last season and the season before as well though.

With all of that said, just win baby and every NC team in history had those one or two games where they weren't too special. And that includes that dominating 1995 Nebraska squad. A 14 point win over a 3-8 Washington St. squad wasn't something to boast about.

bluedogok
10/2/2011, 04:02 PM
I guess from reading all this stuff that Landry sucks and we should bench him.....:rolleyes:

thecrimsoncrusader
10/2/2011, 04:10 PM
I guess from reading all this stuff that Landry sucks and we should bench him.....:rolleyes:

Well, duh! The Sooners backups at every position are always better than the starters in front of them! Everyone knows that!

rekamrettuB
10/2/2011, 04:13 PM
What did * do to move up 7 spots?

bluedogok
10/2/2011, 04:17 PM
They beat mighty Iowa State.

Widescreen
10/2/2011, 04:18 PM

Because they're just that AWESOME!

Seriously, it was because there was an avalanche of losses immediately ahead of them.

The Maestro
10/2/2011, 04:21 PM

Agreed. I love this team. But I don't have that "national championship" feeling about them...nothing in particular...just my gut. Hope I am wrong.

SoonerJack
10/2/2011, 05:01 PM
C'mon people. Don't panic. I think the team knows what they have ahead of them and they know what they need to do.

I'm hoping for three things out of this year's OU-TX game:

1. OU defense mashes either or both of the Texas QBs (order of preference is Ash first, then McCoy)
2. OU defense, prior to mashing QBs, gets picks like those against Ball State
3. OU offensive line blows large holes for Whaley, Finch, et al to exploit, thereby opening up a massive passing/scoring attack and ultimately massive burnt orange exodus from the Cotton bowl.

Too much to ask?

yankee
10/2/2011, 05:52 PM
I wanna see Finch in space. No runs up the middle. Swing passes, stretch plays, toss plays, etc. Also would like to see my boy Millard getting carries that are non-garbage time. Pound those whorn linebackers into the f'n ground.

Serge Ibaka
10/2/2011, 06:14 PM
So College Gameday HAS to be in Dallas, right? The game is on ABC.

And then we're going to hear a billion times about conference realignment? Also, how many times do we hear about 3-way-tie?

rekamrettuB
10/2/2011, 06:40 PM
College Gameday brought to you by THE LONGHORN NETWORK!!! Now your eyes can be upon Texas...24/7.

BoulderSooner79
10/2/2011, 07:15 PM
So College Gameday HAS to be in Dallas, right? The game is on ABC.

And then we're going to hear a billion times about conference realignment? Also, how many times do we hear about 3-way-tie?

I LOVE 3-way-ties. We've had 2 so far and they always come up with the correct tie breaker.

picasso
10/2/2011, 10:35 PM
Other than his fumble last year just what exactly did he do vs. Texas that was so damned bad?