PDA

View Full Version : PSA -or- another 8XC complaint thred

8timechamps
10/2/2011, 12:44 PM
I'm at the grocery store this morning (for those of you that follow my crazy antics, it's the same store where the old lady was talking to the self checkout monitor), and I'm in line at the service counter to get some gift cards. There is a guy in front of me complaining about the Rug Doctor he rented, and something about how it wouldn't get the crushed potato chips out of his carpet (maybe try a vacuum?)....and when I first got there, I was the only other person in line.

I'm standing their, just being the nice guy that I am, and I hear what sounds like someone chewing gun right inside my ear-hole. I turn around, and there is a lady (no ****) within inches of me (maybe less). So, I turn back around and take a step forward. A few seconds later, I feel what I think is her arm touching my arm. So, I turn back around, and to my surprise there is now another person within inches of me (an elderly man).

Not only has the (apparently a ninja) lady followed me when I took a step forward, but a second individual (also a ninja) has joined her. They aren't related to each other (at least to my best guess), yet if you were walking by, you'd think it were my parents and I told them to stay right next to me (so they wouldn't wonder off and end up on the ice cream isle reminiscing about the good old days, when ice cream could be bought at the soda fountain for 5 cents a scoop).

I tried to move forward, but they followed me (in lock-step) every time I did. I finally got to the counter, and got the gift cards I was after, but I think I was a little traumatized from the outting.

So, the lesson is (and it shouldn't have to be repeated), GIVE PEOPLE SOME DAMN SPACE!

OUHOMER
10/2/2011, 03:49 PM
what kind of cologne do you wear?

Veronica Corningstone: My God, what is that smell? Oh.
Brian Fantana: That's the smell of desire my lady.
Veronica Corningstone: God no, it smells like, like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food. Oh, excuse me.
Brian Fantana: You know, desire smells like that to some people.
News Station Employee: [Disgusted] What is that? Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.
News Station Employee: [Horrified] Smells like Bigfoot's dick!
Brian Fantana: [Tries to act casual and walk away] Woah, what's that smell?

bluedogok
10/2/2011, 03:49 PM
Sidelers?

Safeway or King Soupers?

8timechamps
10/2/2011, 06:24 PM
King Soopers.

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2011, 06:31 PM
I never thought of gift cards so friends/acquaintances can clean their carpets.

Wouldn't that offend them?

8timechamps
10/2/2011, 07:23 PM
I never thought of gift cards so friends/acquaintances can clean their carpets.

Wouldn't that offend them?

LOL...I was getting grocery store gift cards (it's a long story, but we use them as fundraisers for my kid's baseball team).