PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday coming to the Cotton Bowl

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2011, 08:50 AM
RT @CollegeGameDay: We are headed to Dallas this Saturday for the Texas/Oklahoma game at the Texas State Fair!

This is our first conference "moment" of the season. The country will be watching. Need a solid victory.

Boomer.....
10/2/2011, 08:52 AM
FSU wasn't a "moment"?

SoonerMom2
10/2/2011, 08:53 AM
What was Florida State? Game Day was there as well. In fact, Corso who graduated from FSU picked the Sooners which was a shocker.

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2011, 09:08 AM
Sorry, meant conference moment.

SunnySooner
10/2/2011, 09:16 AM
Cool, they were there the last year I went, it definitely adds to the atmosphere, it was fun watching them down there on the sidelines, taking pics of the bus, etc. It's the best rivalry in college sports, nothing like the RRS, rivers of crimson and burnt orange streaming into the stadium, a bellyful of beer and cornydogs, "texas...sucks...", throw out the record books, half and half...ahhhh, it's gonna be a loooooong week!!!!!!

SoonerofAlabama
10/2/2011, 09:19 AM
Can someone explain? I had the idea that Gameday only showed up in Primetime now.

soonersponge
10/2/2011, 09:22 AM
Can someone explain? I had the idea that Gameday only showed up in Primetime now.

I thought the same. Maybe because this game can't be moved to primetime???

sooneredaco
10/2/2011, 09:34 AM

With the exception of the RRR of course. Best rivalry in college football without a doubt. tO$U vs Meatchicken isn't what it used to be, the domers suck so any and all rivalry games they play are completely irrelevant, Auburn vs Bama is still good but not on the same level the RRR is IMO, and so on.... So though it may not have the primetime spot, it's still the primary game of the weekend.

IronHorseSooner
10/2/2011, 09:50 AM
I see this game much like 'Bama/FLA. Young team who had a bad year in 2010 rising under the radar against a team that who could be in the MNC in 2011. The younger team comes out inspired, but the more veteran team just wears them out. The young teams are also more products of their schedules than anything else.

soonersponge
10/2/2011, 10:00 AM
27th time to OU game for Gameday? Wow.

AzianSooner
10/2/2011, 10:30 AM
If the offense and defense be SERIOUS just like when they played FSU, we have no problem... no problem at all.

soonerboomer93
10/2/2011, 10:46 AM
It was kind of obvious they planned to be there, if you happened to notice they were running the schooner game day commercials last night

dennis580
10/2/2011, 11:17 AM

Thats simply not true. They have been at the OU-Texas game before, and the OU-Texas game is never in primetime.

badger
10/2/2011, 11:19 AM
Thats simply not true. They have been at the OU-Texas game before, and the OU-Texas game is never in primetime.

NEVER primetime! :D

:( I remember having a 4 a.m. wakeup call for those d@mn games. At least they didn't make us rehearse the morning before when there was an 11 a.m. kickoff, I guess.

soonersponge
10/2/2011, 11:24 AM

He is saying in the last year or two, they have only gone to places that have primetime games. He thought it was an ongoing thing, which obviously is not true. I thought it could be ongoing as well.

badger
10/2/2011, 11:31 AM
He is saying in the last year or two, they have only gone to places that have primetime games. He thought it was an ongoing thing, which obviously is not true. I thought it could be ongoing as well.

They have also gone to games where ESPN isn't the broadcaster. I think Utah/TCU last year was on a minor network and of course some SEC games they feature on Gameday are broadcast on CBS.

So, expect the unexpected... like UT somehow vaulting into the top 10 after beating creampuffs (no offense to ISU, but all of your sig wins are looking awfully weak right about now)

hotshot13422
10/2/2011, 11:37 AM
From the "leaked" USA today poll on Twitter, OU is still number 1 and Texas jumped up 7 spots all the way to #10.

Should be fun

Okie35
10/2/2011, 11:41 AM
From the "leaked" USA today poll on Twitter, OU is still number 1 and Texas jumped up 7 spots all the way to #10.

Should be fun

Huh? Texas couldn't have jumped that high haha. Either way it should be a good one. I just don't like the early start but it plays into our hands.

IronHorseSooner
10/2/2011, 11:44 AM
Huh? Texas couldn't have jumped that high haha. Either way it should be a good one. I just don't like the early start but it plays into our hands.

Don't worry, just makes this game look more high-viz than it already is.

JLEW1818
10/2/2011, 11:59 AM
Gameday was there in 2008 and 2009. Both 11AM games too.