PDA

View Full Version : We still gonna blow out the whorns?

cleller
10/2/2011, 08:28 AM
I heard some guy on a sports radio show pumping Texas the other day. He was talking about how arrogant OU fans are right now, thinking we'll roll right over Texas. I had to admit he had a point. After Texas' problems last year, I think most of us decided we had this game in the bag. Now it looks like things are improving down there, at least they have managed to win.

Didn't see a bit of the Texas/Iowa State game, but from what I read Iowa State served it up on a silver platter. We've got all this Bama/LSU drama on the back burner. All Texas has on their mind is Big 12 revenge. Before they kill off the Big 12, that is.

This game always brings great effort from both sides, will it be close? We've played the tougher teams in Missouri and FSU, we should be ready.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2011, 08:34 AM
I guess the good thing is my arrogance doesn't decide football games.

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2011, 08:40 AM
This is going to ge a LONG week.

Everyone, be careful. Everything you do on here directly affects the outcome next saturday.

soonersponge
10/2/2011, 08:40 AM
It will be a good game. It always is.

fadada1
10/2/2011, 08:52 AM

Everyone, be careful. Everything you do on here directly affects the outcome next saturday.

umm, yeah. i don't need to be reminded.

:chargrined:

BigTip
10/2/2011, 08:58 AM
Didn't see a bit of the Texas/Iowa State game, but from what I read Iowa State served it up on a silver platter.

I watched it (while listening to the OU game. That was interesting)
Yes, ISU gave it to them. The game was much closer than the score shows.

I am hoping that our season is like the Ball State game was. A little bit of worry at the beginning and then, Ahhhhhh, there it is!

sooner518
10/2/2011, 09:04 AM
skeptical of how Case and Ash are gonna do throwing the ball on our defense. i wonder if theyve been pressured much this year on their pass attempts. Malcolm Brown is a load. Im sure it wont be a pushover

SoonerBacker
10/2/2011, 09:18 AM
As always, records and performance during the earlier games of the season won't matter one bit when this game starts. Both teams are going to give it everything they have. Although I'm still not sure what * has this year because of who they have played, the point is that it won't matter. We have a big win in a hostile environment (FSU). They don't really have that. But you can bet that the Whorns will come ready to play. So will the SOONERS. May the best team win - because I'm still convinced that we have the better team!

oumartin
10/2/2011, 09:51 AM
That FSU win is looking better and better! Clemson smoked VT.

Now, I believe we'll have trouble with McCoy Shipley part deaux but I think OU will win in a tight game.

3rdgensooner
10/2/2011, 09:56 AM
He was talking about how arrogant OU fans are right now, thinking we'll roll right over Texas.
I don't know a single OU fan who feels that way.

SoonerofAlabama
10/2/2011, 10:00 AM
As of right now, the horns have beaten Rice, BYU, UCLA, and ISU. Not impressed.

kevpks
10/2/2011, 10:00 AM
I don't think we'll roll Texas (of course I didn't think we would in 2000 or 2003 either). I haven't seen the line but it will probably be OU -7 or -8 and I think that's about right. The team that runs the ball more effectively usually wins this one and I like our chances there with Whaley and Millard.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/2/2011, 10:03 AM

my schedule/clothing selections/meals/and meetings are firmly set to match what I did '00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '07 and '10.

I've made sure we will be successful.

EatLeadCommie
10/2/2011, 10:07 AM
I think we are in for a slugfest and, honestly, I think we're going to lose. Texass has a completely different identity right now than they did with Gilbert Grape. Their D is like our D was a couple years ago and they have an offensive coordinator that will pick apart Venables and our weak secondary. Just my two cents. Hope like hell that I am wrong.

soonervegas
10/2/2011, 10:13 AM
A Texas victory would definitely be the cherry on top of their board room domination the past 2 months. I almost expect it.....

utex74
10/2/2011, 10:19 AM
Our team is fun to watch this year but it has been fun against subpar to average competition. Our D is a little weak up the middle which doesn't bode well for us next Saturday. The other big factor is we are very young. We played 18 TRUE freshman in the opener. They are very talented, have a lot of enthusiasm and, like freshmen, they make mistakes. Against average competition we have the talent to recover from most mistakes. OU is not average. They'll need to tighten up their game and get some help from OU mistakes. (playing that many freshmen also calls into question the evaluation of talent in the upper classes)

Diaz's "bend, don't break" defensive philosophy also concerns me a bit coming into this game. You have the players to turn bending into scores. We'll have to be in position, tackle and hope for some OU errors. I'm hopeful but it is definitely an up hill climb for us.

Okie35
10/2/2011, 10:21 AM
Defensively they're good but they still have unproven QBs. Iowa State was even getting McCoy lite rattled. I hope its worse but it'll be like the FSU game, close for a while then we'll pull away. If we turn the ball over though, it'll be anyones game.

AlbqSooner
10/2/2011, 10:26 AM
I don't know a single OU fan who feels that way.

I know one. He is, however, a 19 year old downs syndrome kid who spews mashed taters across the table at ya.

IronHorseSooner
10/2/2011, 10:32 AM
Our team is fun to watch this year but it has been fun against subpar to average competition. Our D is a little weak up the middle which doesn't bode well for us next Saturday. The other big factor is we are very young. We played 18 TRUE freshman in the opener. They are very talented, have a lot of enthusiasm and, like freshmen, they make mistakes. Against average competition we have the talent to recover from most mistakes. OU is not average. They'll need to tighten up their game and get some help from OU mistakes. (playing that many freshmen also calls into question the evaluation of talent in the upper classes)

Diaz's "bend, don't break" defensive philosophy also concerns me a bit coming into this game. You have the players to turn bending into scores. We'll have to be in position, tackle and hope for some OU errors. I'm hopeful but it is definitely an up hill climb for us.

Really good analysis, as I agree with you. I think your best years are ahead of you, as I see this game much like the 'Bama/FLA game. Young, talented team meets more experienced and physical team. You guys should hang around early, especially with OUr recent slow starts, but guys like Whaley and Millard will start to wear on y'all.

TJKDone
10/2/2011, 10:44 AM
Defensively they're good but they still have unproven QBs. Iowa State was even getting McCoy lite rattled. I hope its worse but it'll be like the FSU game, close for a while then we'll pull away. If we turn the ball over though, it'll be anyones game.

OU should win the game. We are by far the youngest team in the Big 12 and one of the youngest in all of division 1. You have a proven QB and more experience which should make the difference for you.

Given all that it will be a dog fight and closer than the FSU game if it is evenly played.

If you turn it over noteably more than we do, you will get your *** kicked, IMO. We are much less predictable on offense than in the past. We are going to score some...don't know if it will be enough.

Hook'em

prrriiide
10/2/2011, 10:48 AM
OU will crush the whorn. We won't score half a hunnert, but we'll score plenty enough to win. Defensively, I don't think young Mr. McCoy is going to know what hit him.

Okie35
10/2/2011, 10:50 AM
OU will crush the whorn. We won't score half a hunnert, but we'll score plenty enough to win. Defensively, I don't think young Mr. McCoy is going to know what hit him.

I thought the same last year but the offense got soft after the 2nd half. I would actually believe this if we kept our foot on the gas all 4 quarters.

thecynic
10/2/2011, 10:59 AM
no

fwsooner22
10/2/2011, 11:08 AM
OU should win the game. We are by far the youngest team in the Big 12 and one of the youngest in all of division 1. You have a proven QB and more experience which should make the difference for you.

Given all that it will be a dog fight and closer than the FSU game if it is evenly played.

If you turn it over noteably more than we do, you will get your *** kicked, IMO. We are much less predictable on offense than in the past. We are going to score some...don't know if it will be enough.

Hook'em

Thanks so much for sharing that great bit of football wisdom. If we turn it over more than you do we will get our a$$es kicked. Hmmm, my degree from OU would have never allowed me to come up with such brilliance. Hey, just a little note from my days in freshman English class, I am pretty sure "noteably" is not a word but I will defer to that great ** education. What would I know ? I will be watching for those turnovers on Saturday. Thanks for changing the way I will watch the game.

AzianSooner
10/2/2011, 11:11 AM
My arrogance tells that OU will crush the Horns to the dirt and finishs that with an bio rain all over the horns..

What is the radio guy in Austin going to do about it?

Flagstaffsooner
10/2/2011, 11:40 AM
Dont say 'blow' to the whorns, they will want to meet you at the San Antonio bus station mens room at midnight.

Okie35
10/2/2011, 11:46 AM
Dont say 'blow' to the whorns, they will want to meet you at the San Antonio bus station mens room at midnight.

Hahahahaha

Veritas
10/2/2011, 11:56 AM
Pretty please **** Texas in the goatass. They deserve it for the way they've done the Big XII.

A Sooner in Texas
10/2/2011, 12:04 PM
Finally, some smack. This thread was a little too respectful and sedate for awhile. **** Texas!

BoulderSooner79
10/2/2011, 12:43 PM

Everyone, be careful. Everything you do on here directly affects the the potential crow there is to eat.

Fixed.

UTgradOUfan
10/2/2011, 04:02 PM

Hook'em

And now we see the Kool-Aide drinkers come crawling out from under bevo's pasture pattys.
See what we have to put up with by living in Austin?
By next Saturday they will become zombies, stumbling about, drooling and incoherent while throwing out their satanic hook'em whorns devil-worshipping sign.
But by the end of the game how many of them will still be in the satdium? or the fairgrounds? or even still in the Dallas city limits?

badger
10/2/2011, 04:26 PM
I would be happy with a win, even if it doesn't beat whatever the point spread is.

:D In fact, I'd probably love for us not to beat the point spread so that vBookie has enough to vBankroll the rest of the season. You all have taken vBookie to the vBrink of vBankruptcy!

SoonerOX
10/2/2011, 04:32 PM
I was kinda enjoying the cordial banter in here. Oh well, **** Te*as

oudivesherpa
10/2/2011, 04:50 PM
With the recruits that * gets it is hard not to have the odds favoring * every game. On paper * is the number one team in potential in the nation. Of course potential and pure talent doesn't win games, coaching has something to do with it, no wonder * was 5-7 last year.

SoonerKnight
10/2/2011, 05:33 PM
**** Texas!! They suck!! They will always suck! And **** Austin! **** Bevo!! And **** being respectful of * fans cuz I say **** them

OUmillenium
10/2/2011, 05:44 PM
The potential for OU to blowout the most overrated program in history is still there, despite their recent success against terrible teams.

utex74
10/2/2011, 05:49 PM
With the recruits that * gets it is hard not to have the odds favoring * every game. On paper * is the number one team in potential in the nation. Of course potential and pure talent doesn't win games, coaching has something to do with it, no wonder * was 5-7 last year.

A lot of people are looking at the fact that we've played 18 true freshmen over upper classmen and concluded that our assessment of talent for those years leaves something to be desired. I think it is something to look at. True freshmen should not normally take positions away from upper classmen.

Keller Sooner
10/2/2011, 06:13 PM
Damn straight!

OUNASH
10/2/2011, 08:43 PM
If OU plays like they did against Florida State they will beat the living h3ll out of them. If they play like they did against Mizzou, uninspired we still win by 10.

SoonerKnight
10/2/2011, 08:48 PM
I say we put half a hundred on them before half time!!! Then we finish in the second half!! I want Boomer Sooner Playing so much that the Texas fans start singing it!!!

BoulderSooner79
10/2/2011, 09:16 PM
I say we put half a hundred on them before half time!!! Then we finish in the second half!! I want Boomer Sooner Playing so much that the Texas fans heads explode!!!

Or that.

SoonerMarkVA
10/2/2011, 10:10 PM
Not seeing a blowout here. We'd have to step on their throats and deflate them out of the gate, and this team has struggled to start every game. I expect a 10-14 point win.

OU_Sooners75
10/3/2011, 12:01 AM
double post

OU_Sooners75
10/3/2011, 12:04 AM
Screw being Cordial! This is the most important week against the most hated rival on our Schedule.

I say OU beats the **** out of Fexas 57-0!

SCOUT
10/3/2011, 12:25 AM
I will view this game like I do every game. I will be nervous about the outcome until we are up by 50 or until the last whistle blows. I hope that I won't have to worry after the 3rd quarter. That may be wishful thinking though. My gut says that we win but only by 7-10.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/3/2011, 01:39 AM
my schedule/clothing selections/meals/and meetings are firmly set to match what I did '00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '07 and '10.

I've made sure we will be successful.I will be wearing my "overkill combo" to the sportsbar here in Scottsdale AZ. I have OU pants, red with OU embroideries all over, and the t-shirt carefully selected for this occasion. It's the one that reads:
YOU CAN'T SPELL SLUT
WITHOUT UT

NYC Poke
10/3/2011, 02:46 AM
Overall, there isn't anywhere I'd give Texas an edge. OU has an incredibly good team this year (again). Texas hasn't proven anything to me. I see a big win for OU. If OU is only giving 7 or 8 points, I'd say that's an attractive wager.