PDA

View Full Version : AP Poll: Alabama jumps OU/LSU to #1, LSU #2, OU #3

Lott's Bandana
10/1/2011, 12:19 PM
My prediction after this weekend's games.

The writers have been setting this one up all week. *

LSU starts flat at home.
OU / Ball State
Alabama wins at Gainesville, they are the new "best of all time".

I'd rather see:

UF beat Bama,
UF lose to SC,
Bama beat LSU badly,
SC beat Bama in the CCG. (prolly not happen)

* Disclaimer: I realize the AP poll doesn't matter in the BCS calculations. However, writers have considerable influence in Harris and Coaches Poll results.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/1/2011, 12:46 PM
Florida beating Alabama is a foregone conclusion. Seriously. There's going to be a versatility and matchup problem.

CBUS_SOONER
10/1/2011, 12:47 PM
I can see it... I see no prob falling to third... More motivation for our boys leading to a massacre of *

Sabanball
10/1/2011, 12:50 PM
Florida beating Alabama is a foregone conclusion. Seriously. There's going to be a versatility and matchup problem.

Lol...

Yep...just like last year when we pistol-whipped them:chargrined: 31-6 when they had Rainey and Demps also. Absolutely no reason to think Bama could win again.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/1/2011, 12:59 PM
Lol...

Yep...just like last year when we pistol-whipped them:chargrined: 31-6 when they had Rainey and Demps also. Absolutely no reason to think Bama could win again.

LOL!!! Oh, I forgot. Florida has the same distracted coaching staff with the same philosophies on defense and offense as last season. No wait. After all, Alabama still has McElroy at QB and Jones at wideout. No wait. Alabama has a one-two punch of Ingram and Richardson. No wait. And if you think Richardson/Lacy is as good as Ingram/Richardson, wow, might want to consider pulling for a different team.

Alabama will be fielding an experienced and proven QB on the road tonight. No wait. Alabama has a good passing game to complement their strong running game. No wait. Weis' offensive play-calling is going to slice Alabama's defense apart this evening both on the ground and in the air. This game isn't worth watching since it's a foregone conclusion. I will be watching Oklahoma and Ball St. isntead! :fat:

Lott's Bandana
10/1/2011, 01:17 PM
I like the way this thread went.

nighttrain12
10/1/2011, 01:51 PM
My prediction after this weekend's games.

I don't know if I would trust someones prediction when they are down to ZERO vCash.

oumartin
10/1/2011, 01:59 PM
I think florida will give alabama trouble but will find a way to choke it away

Boomer.....
10/1/2011, 02:27 PM
I see Bama winning without too much of a problem.

cccasooner2
10/1/2011, 02:28 PM
I don't know if I would trust someones prediction when they are down to ZERO vCash.

Good point, but some might still be in action. :)

delhalew
10/1/2011, 02:45 PM
Good point, but some might still be in action. :)

He bet the farm on Aggie.

Sabanball
10/1/2011, 03:56 PM
I see Bama winning without too much of a problem.

I tend to agree--The only team on that field tonight that can beat Alabama is Alabama.

rekamrettuB
10/1/2011, 04:18 PM
The line screams "play Bama!". Something's up w/ this matcup.

Iam4OUru
10/1/2011, 04:40 PM
Mosley's being out certainly doesn't help Bammer. I think UF's speed keeps it close, but, Bammer probably wins. GEAUX GAYTORS!!

TitoMorelli
10/1/2011, 10:39 PM

Uh, seriously? :subdued:

Sabanball
10/1/2011, 10:42 PM
Uh, seriously? :subdued:

I think Crimsoncrusader has crawled back under his rock....

Mark_in_Tulsa
10/1/2011, 10:51 PM
When did Florida's QB go out with an injury?

Lott's Bandana
10/1/2011, 10:53 PM
My vCash is about to make me vRich! Of course it was in play, Badger told me to.

Check my total Monday.

In the meantime, my prediction is likely to be wrong. Now I think Bama only jumps OU.

Only the writers can rationalize dropping a team two weeks in a row after wins.

At this rate, we won't go to a bowl if it was up to them.

We'll see, I could be über-jaded, but I'd stake some vCash on it, if I had any.

JLEW1818
10/1/2011, 11:12 PM
another meaningless AP Poll

:D

Sabanball
10/1/2011, 11:21 PM
When did Florida's QB go out with an injury?

Brantley went out in the first half.

SoonerKnight
10/1/2011, 11:24 PM
Well Alabam will stay #3 anyway! This will be decided when they play!

Sabanball
10/1/2011, 11:33 PM
Well Alabam will stay #3 anyway! This will be decided when they play!

That would be fine with me. I am perfectly content with OU and LSU having the top two spots in the polls right now.:fat:

kevpks
10/1/2011, 11:33 PM
The SEC West is very impressive but the SEC East is quickly approaching the crap factor of the old Big XII North.

Iam4OUru
10/1/2011, 11:58 PM
Bammer is sure to jump OU into #2 in the crAP Poll and will break the "tie" with LSU in the Coaches, but, I think OU should remain #1.

LASooner
10/2/2011, 01:20 AM
I predict we'll go undefeated and be ranked #20 in the AP by the end of the year :jaded:

Seriously, it's called the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll, and ESPN uses the AP poll ranking for it's TV promotion, what a bunch of crap.

Widescreen
10/2/2011, 01:28 AM
I predict we'll go undefeated and be ranked #20 in the AP by the end of the year :jaded:

Seriously, it's called the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll, and ESPN uses the AP poll ranking for it's TV promotion, what a bunch of crap.
I noticed that tonight as well. Apparently the only people that view us as #1 is USA Today.

sooner59
10/2/2011, 02:22 AM
Why does anyone give ****? Really? If we win out, we will play for a title. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a moron. If we lose a game, we deserve what we get.

oudavid1
10/2/2011, 02:25 AM

Swing and a miss.

CrimsonRez
10/2/2011, 03:31 AM
lol I think the polls stay the way they do honestly

CowboyMRW
10/2/2011, 03:46 AM
The top 3 will stay the same. The only change I see is Wisconsin jumping OSU again. That was their only hurdle for the season, so they will finish undefeated now

Shakadoodoo
10/2/2011, 06:08 AM
Who cares what we are ranked! We just need to keep winning and getting better!

oumartin
10/2/2011, 06:18 AM
The game was close until Brantley got hurt but injuries are part of the game.

marfacowboy
10/2/2011, 08:56 AM
A team like Florida can stay close for a while, but eventually, Alabama just beats you down with all that speed and power. Those guys are monsters on the defense. The OL is extremely well coached. Even Richardson beats you down. These are bad dudes playing for Alabama. I can tell you one thing. If we play them, a three man front won't cut it. We'll have to load the box, because Saban is all about establishing the run.

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2011, 09:25 AM

Actually, I'm pretty certain ESPN dropped their affiliation with the Coaches Poll several years ago. It remains USA Today/Coaches.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/2/2011, 09:37 AM
I think Crimsoncrusader has crawled back under his rock....

Neah, the outcome just means that Florida sucks. :fat: Shouldn't you get back to doing Trent Richardson's coursework? The man can't do it on his own.

soonerboomer93
10/2/2011, 10:58 AM

No, oddly enough in previous years, they've always used their poll. They apparently are using the poll that suits their current push.

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2011, 02:08 PM
Yep.

We're well on our way to dropping out of their poll entirely.

Iam4OUru
10/2/2011, 03:19 PM
Actually, I'm pretty certain ESPN dropped their affiliation with the Coaches Poll several years ago. It remains USA Today/Coaches.

That is correct.

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2011, 04:22 PM
v$
v$
v$
v$
v$
v$
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------Scoreboard!!