PDA

View Full Version : My Dog

8timechamps
9/30/2011, 10:49 PM
My dog already knows all of this, so I thought I would share it with you:

My dog (Boomer) is THE best dog on the entire planet. Period. Sure, you may have some story about how your dog saved your life, or found some amazing valuable that made you rich...blah, blah, blah. Still, there is no question that my dog is the best.

I walk my dog daily, as most good dog owners do, and on said walk, it's always an opportunity to de-bowel himself somewhere en-route. About 6 months ago, I decided that I would figure out a way to attach the (full) bag of "pre-eaten food" to his collar or leash, in an effort to avoid trying to find a trashcan along the way back home. Keeping the routine as normal as possible, so Boomer wouldn't freak out and go dog-crazy on some unsuspecting UPS driver.

So, this process started with me tying the full bag to the leash, then to his collar. After spending hours thinking about this and working with him, I finally got him to wait until I had the bag tied, then he will pick up the bag (on the loop end, not the doodoo end), and carry it back to my house. I thought that was pretty great, until tonight. We finished our walk, and he followed me into the garage (with bag still in tow), and dropped it right next to the garbage can!!!

WOW! An activity that used to be 95% my effort (I give him the 5% for actually dropping the bomb), has now been turned the other way around. My only responsibility is picking it up and tying the bag. Still bad, but oh, sooooo much easier!

AND THAT, my friends, is why he is the best dog in the world!

I'm thinking he may be able to drive my car...I'll let you know how that progresses....

Tulsa_Fireman
9/30/2011, 10:56 PM
My dog reeeeaaaally

really

really

really

really

likes peanut butter.

8timechamps
9/30/2011, 11:28 PM
My dog reeeeaaaally

really

really

really

really

likes peanut butter.

Then figure something out that you don't like to do, and cover it in peanut butter. You're welcome!

AlbqSooner
10/1/2011, 07:12 AM
I no longer have a dog, but my last one, a dalmation, used to clean up after other dogs. She was a dog turd eater.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/2/2011, 10:30 PM
Then figure something out that you don't like to do, and cover it in peanut butter. You're welcome!

I don't like to lick... Naaahhh. Better let that one slide.

badger
10/3/2011, 08:33 AM
Very cool. Dogs can do amazing things sometimes when we let them.

:mad: They can also eat every energy bar they can find and destroy stuff while you're away at work if you let them :mad:

TUSooner
10/3/2011, 08:47 AM
My dog already knows all of this, so I thought I would share it with you:

My dog (Boomer) is THE best dog on the entire planet. Period. Sure, you may have some story about how your dog saved your life, or found some amazing valuable that made you rich...blah, blah, blah. Still, there is no question that my dog is the best.

I walk my dog daily, as most good dog owners do, and on said walk, it's always an opportunity to de-bowel himself somewhere en-route. About 6 months ago, I decided that I would figure out a way to attach the (full) bag of "pre-eaten food" to his collar or leash, in an effort to avoid trying to find a trashcan along the way back home. Keeping the routine as normal as possible, so Boomer wouldn't freak out and go dog-crazy on some unsuspecting UPS driver.

So, this process started with me tying the full bag to the leash, then to his collar. After spending hours thinking about this and working with him, I finally got him to wait until I had the bag tied, then he will pick up the bag (on the loop end, not the doodoo end), and carry it back to my house. I thought that was pretty great, until tonight. We finished our walk, and he followed me into the garage (with bag still in tow), and dropped it right next to the garbage can!!!

WOW! An activity that used to be 95% my effort (I give him the 5% for actually dropping the bomb), has now been turned the other way around. My only responsibility is picking it up and tying the bag. Still bad, but oh, sooooo much easier!

AND THAT, my friends, is why he is the best dog in the world!

I'm thinking he may be able to drive my car...I'll let you know how that progresses....

Forget the driving. The next step should be getting him to poop right into the bag. That would be impressive. But he's seems smarter than my dog, yes.

NormanPride
10/3/2011, 09:34 AM
Our dogs would not touch anything that their poop was near. I think they would mutiny if I made them do something like that...

thecynic
10/3/2011, 09:55 AM
you pick up poop

8timechamps
10/3/2011, 06:03 PM
Forget the driving. The next step should be getting him to poop right into the bag. That would be impressive. But he's seems smarter than my dog, yes.

GREAT IDEA!!!

Now THAT would be impressive.

GDC
10/3/2011, 08:29 PM
You should have him cloned and send me one of him.

cleller
10/4/2011, 07:38 AM
One of our dogs came in the house the other night with a duck egg in his mouth, and laid it right at my wife's feet. Our ducks have a habit of hiding eggs all over the place.

KantoSooner
10/4/2011, 11:20 AM
My dog (now gone across the rainbow bridge) could whistle. And had a sharp eye for commodity trading.

But then she was an Irish Setter and, like MacAllen Scotch, they are no longer included in competitions. It just wasn't fair to the other dogs.

Small attention span problems but other than that, pure genius.