PDA

View Full Version : Did you all know....Ryan Broyles is only...

OU_Sooners75
9/30/2011, 03:17 PM
17 catches away from owning the NCAA record for most receptions in a career?

At the rate he is catching balls, he will break the record against Texas! :victorious:

oumartin
9/30/2011, 03:20 PM
I think you are wrong..
the record is in reach but he aint that close,,, Seemed he was over 100 shy

Widescreen
9/30/2011, 03:22 PM
I also read this morning that he's only 17 away.

OU_Sooners75
9/30/2011, 03:22 PM
I think you are wrong..

LOL

Record was set by Taylor Stubblefield with 316 receptions....

Broyles going into the Ball State game has 300.

badger
9/30/2011, 03:26 PM
If this is true then there might be a vBookie thing on this for Texas week. Maybe :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2011, 03:27 PM
Yup, that's the NCAA FBS record..the NCAA all division record is 436

badger
9/30/2011, 03:28 PM
Yup, that's the NCAA FBS record..the NCAA all division record is 436

Could he do that one also? :):):):):)

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2011, 03:30 PM
Nope

BermudaSooner
9/30/2011, 03:30 PM
Taylor Stubblefield is correct with 316 receptions.
http://collegefootball.about.com/od/history/a/rec-reccareer.htm

Broyles has:
46 in 2008
89 in 2009
131 in 2010
34 so far in 2011

totaling 300
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/232171/ryan-broyles

stoops the eternal pimp
9/30/2011, 03:32 PM
I think you are wrong..

For the NCAA record yes...For the NCAA FBS record, no..

Boomer.....
9/30/2011, 03:37 PM
For the NCAA record yes...For the NCAA FBS record, no..
Could he do that one also? :):):):):)

SoonerofAlabama
9/30/2011, 03:38 PM
I think he is only like 4 catches away from the conference mark.

stoopified
9/30/2011, 03:41 PM
I did,knew he needed 50 to tie entering the season.Didn't think he would get there as fast as he has....so far.

oumartin
9/30/2011, 03:54 PM
I stand corrected.. I musta been thinking the ncaa mark.

good to see while 75 is sittin' around getting larger he found this nice tidbit

CBUS_SOONER
9/30/2011, 06:24 PM
just another record owned by a sooner

8timechamps
9/30/2011, 07:04 PM
He's the best receiver to play at Oklahoma. I can't even think of anyone close, besides maybe Clayton.

Sooner1972
9/30/2011, 07:14 PM
At this point I'd put Broyles #1 due to statistical superiority and greater speed, Clayton #2, and Tinker Owens a fairly distant #3.

oumartin
9/30/2011, 07:20 PM
17 catches away from owning the NCAA record for most receptions in a career?

At the rate he is catching balls, he will break the record against Texas! :victorious:

and besides chubs you said ncaa not fbs

C&CDean
9/30/2011, 07:33 PM
and besides chubs you said ncaa not fbs

That's two references to a board member's weight/size. Either STFU, or post a pic of yourself asap. And not from high school - even though that was only last year.

badger
9/30/2011, 07:35 PM
That's two references to a board member's weight/size. Either STFU, or post a pic of yourself asap. And not from high school - even though that was only last year.

I know I'm envious of the size of Dean's fat Packer avatar :mad:

C&CDean
9/30/2011, 07:38 PM
I know I'm envious of the size of Dean's fat Packer avatar :mad:

Effin A!

I'm kinda bummed for pulling my Cardinal avvie when I figured they were through, and I thought about putting it back up - but I can't. Since I pulled it St. Louis has won about 17 games, made it to the playoffs, etc., and our beloved Packers are still rockin' it. Besides, it's football season now - but we will be switching back and forth to the Cardinal game tomorrow at the tailgate.

User Name
9/30/2011, 07:42 PM
If Stills plays 4 years (not likely), he will break Ryan's # of receptions.

C&CDean
9/30/2011, 07:48 PM

If Stills could quit ****ing up long enough to play 2 games in a row then maybe. I hope he gets his knuckleheadedness out of his system soon.

User Name
9/30/2011, 07:57 PM
If Stills could quit ****ing up long enough to play 2 games in a row then maybe. I hope he gets his knuckleheadedness out of his system soon.

Agreed. Appears he still has some growing up to do. Best hands of any receiver I can remember at OU though. Would be nice if both him and Ryan could find a way to both be healthy and on the field at the same time this year. Still don't think we've seen the offense with all it's capable of. Regardless, Ryan is a stud. Who would've guessed that after the episode his freshman year?

picasso
9/30/2011, 08:33 PM
At this point I'd put Broyles #1 due to statistical superiority and greater speed, Clayton #2, and Tinker Owens a fairly distant #3.
All three of those players caught everything thrown at them.

8timechamps
9/30/2011, 08:34 PM

I agree. Although, I thought he regressed a little last year. Dean's right, this kid has so much potential, but he needs to get serious about it (can you imagine, as good as he is now, if he can get his act together?!).

I don't think Broyles is the most talented receiver to come through, but his ability to find space and run after the catch are unparalleled by any receiver I can remember at OU...which, in my mind, makes him the best ever.

Maybe Ryan can give some words of wisdom to Kenny...he certainly made up for his rough start.

badger
9/30/2011, 09:01 PM
Effin A!

I'm kinda bummed for pulling my Cardinal avvie when I figured they were through, and I thought about putting it back up - but I can't. Since I pulled it St. Louis has won about 17 games, made it to the playoffs, etc., and our beloved Packers are still rockin' it. Besides, it's football season now - but we will be switching back and forth to the Cardinal game tomorrow at the tailgate.

I'm a closet Brewers fan. Closet because the last time they won the division was the year before I was born :D

King Crimson
9/30/2011, 09:36 PM
All three of those players caught everything thrown at them.

and in Tinker's case, he caught 3 balls a game when we were throwing it 6 times. Billy Brooks?

Clayton, Broyles is my real Norman High school homie. gas stealing from J. Botie or no. hey?

i tell you right now: step off, Steve Rhodes.

Soonerwake
9/30/2011, 09:36 PM
Effin A!

Fair-weather...

King Crimson
9/30/2011, 09:41 PM
my vote right now: best OU WR in history is probably Tommy McDonald. best i ever i saw play and radically underrated:

Stevie Rhodes. guy is everywhere in OU highlight wins. he's in the hook and lateral against NU in 76! he's here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgI396kJlOc

what are you going to not love about a Chet Winters highlight?

Clayton was great at OU.

GottaHavePride
9/30/2011, 09:48 PM
I still have a man-crush on Andre Woolfolk for that catch he pulled down against Nebraska. Broyles almost made one that cool.

hotshot13422
10/1/2011, 02:25 AM
Just imagine our potential WR core next year..

Stills
Franks
Reynolds
Jackson
Mccay

Those are just the sophomore and freshman returning. Then next year's freshman class consists of..

Trey Metoyer
Durron Neal
Sterling Shepard
and we are currently the favorite to land the #1 overall player in next years recruiting class, Dorial Green-Beckham

The only thing that sucks about having 8+ amazing recievers is that probably the ones who don't start or redshirt might transfer. Look at our RB core this year. We had 5 excellent RB's and 2 of them who couldn't get time transferred.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/1/2011, 10:24 AM

I disagree...He definitely has the talent, but Broyles gets at least 6-7 catches a game behind the line of scrimmage where Stills is used more down the field because of his size.