PDA

View Full Version : Predator Drone - 1 Anwar al-Awlaki - 0

JohnnyMack
9/30/2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/30/world/africa/yemen-radical-cleric/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

This is a pretty big get.

JohnnyMack
9/30/2011, 11:57 AM
It's also kind of an interesting debate, since he was a US citizen.

SoonerProphet
9/30/2011, 12:08 PM
It's also kind of an interesting debate, since he was a US citizen.

yeah, it is not like i give a sh*t about this cat, but the civil libertarian in me is a bit dubious of extrajudicial killing.

sooner_born_1960
9/30/2011, 12:31 PM
He was an enemy combatant. His nationality was irrelevant.

SoonerProphet
9/30/2011, 12:37 PM
He was an enemy combatant. His nationality was irrelevant.

Really, this has been proven somewhere? He took up arms and fought us? Nationality is relevant, he is guaranteed
protection under the laws of this land. Otherwise some of these ***-clowns who bag on Obama might be next
on his assassination list, best be careful.

sappstuf
9/30/2011, 12:38 PM
Looks like the Colonel ordered up some extra crispy al-Awlaki...

I'm down with that.

sappstuf
9/30/2011, 12:43 PM
Really, this has been proven somewhere? He took up arms and fought us? Nationality is relevant, he is guaranteed
protection under the laws of this land. Otherwise some of these ***-clowns who bag on Obama might be next
on his assassination list, best be careful.

I'm with you in that I am a little uncomfortable with knocking off citizens like this. Not that he was killed in a predator drone attack... But that Obama specifically ordered his assassination last year.

Honestly, Bush would have been taken to task for just making the order. Obama has gotten a free pass.

SoonerProphet
9/30/2011, 01:00 PM
Honestly, Bush would have been taken to task for just making the order. Obama has gotten a free pass.

Don't know about that, many on the left have been beating him about the head and shoulders on his civil liberties policies.

sappstuf
9/30/2011, 01:08 PM
Don't know about that, many on the left have been beating him about the head and shoulders on his civil liberties policies.

The only way I know about it is because of the internet, I doubt it has cracked the news networks for more than a 30 second story.. When the entire country is beaten about the head and face with it endless for months they way we were for waterboarding, then I will agree.

As of right now, Obama has pretty much gotten a pass on Guantanamo, renditions, tribunals, preventive detention, and the general Bush policies in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The anti-war movement has been shown to be almost a complete farce.. Except a very small few, who I respect, for maintaining their position.

SoonerProphet
9/30/2011, 01:13 PM
The only way I know about it is because of the internet, I doubt it has cracked the news networks for more than a 30 second story.. When the entire country is beaten about the head and face with it endless for months they way we were for waterboarding, then I will agree.

As of right now, Obama has pretty much gotten a pass on Guantanamo, renditions, tribunals, preventive detention, and the general Bush policies in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The anti-war movement has been shown to be almost a complete farce.. Except a very small few, who I respect, for maintaining their position.

I'll agree with that. His policies have been just as reckless and anti-liberty as W's and the Moveon.org movement and the Democratic party has sat on their hands.

sappstuf
9/30/2011, 01:22 PM
Looks like Obama killed two Americans in the strike..

American Jihadi Samir Khan Killed With Awlaki (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/american-jihadi-samir-khan-killed-awlaki/story?id=14640013)

OhU1
9/30/2011, 04:12 PM

2 for the price of one. Too bad there were not 100 in the room.

soonercruiser
9/30/2011, 08:59 PM

Sapp!
The other guy was just cyber attack colateral damage.
(He was the webmeister of al-Quaeda's web site)

On to his reward!
(The 7 Virginians!) :beguiled: