PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Immigration Law Upheld

sappstuf
9/30/2011, 08:44 AM
This law is Arizona on steriods..

The federal judge says some parts of the law are in conflict with federal statutes, but others aren't. She's letting stand the part of the law that requires immigration status checks of public school students. She's also refusing to stop provisions that allow police to hold suspected illegal immigrants without bond, and that make it a felony for an illegal immigrant to do business with the state.

The judge's order temporarily blocks four parts of the law until she can issue a final ruling. They include a provision making it a crime to transport or harbor an illegal immigrant, and one that makes it a crime for an illegal immigrant to solicit work.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/28/politics/main20112968.shtml

SoonerProphet
9/30/2011, 09:09 AM
Will be interesting to see if they can get enough labor to work in agriculture and construction jobs.

okie52
9/30/2011, 09:13 AM
This law is Arizona on steriods..

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/28/politics/main20112968.shtml

Roll tide roll.

Midtowner
9/30/2011, 10:30 AM
Will be interesting to see if they can get enough labor to work in agriculture and construction jobs.

If they offer a fair wage, they'll get help.

badger
9/30/2011, 10:38 AM
I think immigration anger is down a tad, because (a) a lot less immigrants are pouring across the border since there's less jobs, and (b) People are more worried about having jobs right now than having jobs with competitive wages (although I'm sure people would love competitive wages also).

Soonerjeepman
9/30/2011, 10:50 AM
I know in my school district in KCK we spend a ton of money on esl teachers, classes, etc...and service a lot of kids that are here illegally..."but it's for the kids"....so it's more than just "taking jobs"...

what I get a kick out of his seeing all the mowing crews at all the government buildings...prob about 60% of the guys workin are illegal...so says a friend in the business..