PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination?

cccasooner2
9/29/2011, 03:06 PM
Does anyone know if the invite was at our expense or the invitee's? If ours, why can't I/you go for free? If I am being discriminated for being unemployed, not to mention not being a Super Bowl champion, where will it end? Some will argue that this bullsh*t happened a looooong time ago and should be charged to the Regan estate. I think I could go along with that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Bears-Hall-of-Famer-Hampton-refuses-White-House-?urn=nfl-wp8216

pphilfran
9/29/2011, 03:11 PM
It is a non issue...he can do whatever he wants to do...for whatever reason...

badger
9/29/2011, 03:29 PM
He is inviting them because he knows that they won't be invited for winning one this decade.
http://www.jerseyal.com/GBP/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/matthews-cutler-sack.jpg

I could also smirk that he won't be around to invite any more teams to the White House, but instead of that, I am going to take the high road... and replace "England 5, Germany 1" lyrics with last Sunday's Packers/Bears score:

Was a sunny day in a Soldier stadium
All the beer in Chicago cant console them
As Cutler hit the turf
It was Packer footballs birth
It was there biggest loss since who cares when

Green Bay 27 Chicago 17
Jay Cutler's a drama queen
Green Bay 27 Chicago 17

Lovie and Urlacher thought they'd seen it all
Vince Lombardi and Super Bowls
Running rings round you there was nothing
You could do Green Bay's glory
We changed the story
Now where pulling

Green Bay 27 Chicago 17
Green Bay 27 Chicago 17

We got a whorn called Jermichael Finley
Mike Holmgren's now Mike McCarthy
So Chicago rip where the golden age to be our time has come
There on the run its time for victory

TUSooner
9/29/2011, 03:42 PM
Of course everyone is entiled to express an opnion in almost any way possibe. But I am disturbed by the disrespect shown for the Office of the President. I first noticed it the Clinton Admin. when the fairy-story emails emerged about US Marines showing sly and subtle contempt for the C-in-C. I basically despised Bill Clinton the man, but he was elected by my fellow countrymen and deserved respect, somewhat on their account but mainly because he was not just the chief executive but the head of state representing Our Nation to the rest of the world. So I respected the office for the sake of the Nation. (BTW, I have NEVER turned down a single invite to the White House!) Since then it seems pretty commonplace for folks to diss the office and the man indiscriminately. I just think it lacks even a minimal degree of graciousness and respect. And in some cases is merely petulant and childish. Whatever. I blame Muhammad Ali.