PDA

View Full Version : Excessive standing will no longer be tolerated...

budbarrybob
9/29/2011, 02:31 PM
at Cleveland Brown's games.

Linky (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Browns-fan-kicked-out-of-seat-for-standing-too-m?urn=nfl-wp8241)

Seems way too excessive to me, the penalty that is.

cccasooner2
9/29/2011, 02:34 PM
Guys in the front look gay. Nothing that a Glock wouldn't handle though.

badger
9/29/2011, 02:45 PM
You'd think a 25-year season ticket holder would have learned stand etiquette by now, or perhaps he thinks that his 25 years has earned him the right to stick his arse in a elderly/disabled/kid's face during the game when they can't stand as often as him. Hmmm.

Breadburner
9/29/2011, 02:48 PM
The whole standing thing is great unless you are short.....

badger
9/29/2011, 02:51 PM
Here's another link (http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2011/09/28/browns-fan-upset-after-being-kicked-out-for-excessive-standing/)

And here's some problems I have with the guy:

Rob Stipe got his first warning to park his keister during a third down in that same first quarter, but said everyone behind him was also standing.

When you stand, you force everyone behind you to stand also. Again, I don't get why a 25-year attendee of games doesn't get that.

In the middle of the third quarter, Stipe said he was scolded again for standing, but this time it was during a TV timeout.

Why in the eff are you standing during a TV timeout?! Even north endzone Sooners that stand all of the time sit for timeouts!

“I hate the people who sit down at a game,” he said. “It’s not that I try to stand and (expletive) everyone off. I want everyone to stand so that when we’re on national TV we don’t look like lumps on a log.”

It sounds like he was trying to force everyone to do what he wanted them to do... no wonder someone apparently complained about him.

He said he hasn’t made a decision on whether to attend any more home games, but his brother, Matt, said he might be sitting at least the next one out.

“Why spend any more money on a team that doesn’t want me to be there? That doesn’t want me to cheer for them?” Matt Stipe said.

Pbbbth, yeah, like you'd miss games now that your beloved Browns are actually winning games. That's where the real problem comes from, isn't it? That the team is winning so now people need to behave themselves better as the crowds come back to see Cleveland field a winning team. If you give up your tickets now, you're not gonna get them back till they suck again.

Mississippi Sooner
9/29/2011, 02:55 PM
But the real question is, do they all yell "Browns" at the end of the national anthem?

badger
9/29/2011, 03:01 PM
Video here. (http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/football/browns/cleveland-browns-fan-kicked-out-of-stadium-for-standing-too-much)

It seems like they could have different rules for the Dawg Pound, kind of like they have different rules at MLS stadiums for the especially rowdy sections. Warn the fans going in that this is a less-rules-more-fun zone, but not sure what the NFL would have to say about that.

In might be an NFL rule that the Browns are enforcing, not a Browns-only rule. No-Fun-League for a reason!

sooner_born_1960
9/29/2011, 03:04 PM
Maybe Cleveland is different, but almost never sit at a game.

budbarrybob
9/29/2011, 03:12 PM
This is definitely a hot button that has been talked a bunch before. I've just never seen it enforced anywhere. I like to stand at times but do appreciate sitting when we have a large lead/commercial breaks/time-outs etc. Most of the fans in section 1 under the deck seem to have it under control.

badger
9/29/2011, 03:15 PM
The one time we went to OU-OSU baseball in Tulsa (back in old drillers stadium), there were these guys behind us that were standing pretty much the entire game, when in about the eighth inning a mom had enough and complained. A security guard stood near them to monitor their standing, saying they could stand at exciting moments but had to sit the rest of the time. They really, REALLY let the people around them have it after that.

Rule #1 in public should be "Don't be an ***hole." Then all other rules wouldn't be necessary.

sooneredaco
9/29/2011, 03:29 PM
I stand The whole game for the most part. I'm 5ft 6in.... Doesn't seem to biter anybody behind me! :beguiled:

cleller
9/29/2011, 06:52 PM
Standing is no big deal for him, because he has lots of room in front, and a wall to lean on.