PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Polling Data

JohnnyMack
9/29/2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/2011/09/28/fox-news-poll-gop-race-top-tier/

Bachmann is done an Cain is roaring back to life. Romney is steady as always and Perry is floundering.

OhU1
9/29/2011, 10:40 AM
Cain surprises me. I'm surprised, but happy, that Bachmann has fallen off a cliff. Perry's honeymoon is over but he is still in the thick of things for now.

sappstuf
9/29/2011, 10:52 AM
I should have known that Cain wouldn't rise because of those inherent racist Republicans who never..... Wait.

Midtowner
9/29/2011, 11:58 AM
I should have known that Cain wouldn't rise because of those inherent racist Republicans who never..... Wait.

He's at what.. 17%?

badger
9/29/2011, 12:16 PM
I am still thinking about doing vBookie for the primaries/caucuses next year. They start earlier every year, so they're just around the corner!

On top of that, there's several Republican candidates that Iowa and New Hampshire could force on the rest of us :D

jk the sooner fan
9/29/2011, 12:18 PM
Perry has done fairly horribly in the debates

I like Cain

sappstuf
9/29/2011, 12:53 PM
He's at what.. 17%?

Which is more than Ron Paul, Jon Huntsman, Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum got combined...

sappstuf
9/29/2011, 01:02 PM
Looks like Janeane Garofalo with Keith Olbermann have it all figured out...

Herman Cain is doing well BECAUSE Repubs are racist...

Herman Cain is probably well-liked by some of the Republicans because it hides the racist elements of the Republican Party, conservative movement and tea party movement

So if a black man doesn't do well in the Repub party it is because they are racist.. But if a black man DOES do well it is also because the Repubs are racist....

Logic at its finest right there....

JohnnyMack
9/29/2011, 01:05 PM

So if a black man doesn't do well in the Repub party it is because they are racist.. But if a black man DOES do well it is also because the Repubs are racist....

Logic at its finest right there....

Conversely I'm waiting for all those who said the only reason white people voted for Obama was due to white guilt. I'm sure the same applies to Cain then as well, right?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/29/2011, 01:06 PM
...there's several Republican candidates that Iowa and New Hampshire could force on the rest of us :DWhy the big grin icon?

sappstuf
9/29/2011, 01:19 PM
Conversely I'm waiting for all those who said the only reason white people voted for Obama was due to white guilt. I'm sure the same applies to Cain then as well, right?

Nah, Herman Cain actually has credentials and a reason to support him. Instead of "hope and change" you can get "pepperoni and jalapenoes".. The choice is a stark one.

9/29/2011, 01:24 PM

Logic at its finest right there....It's like the Global Warming argument. No matter what happens with the weather or climate, (and no matter the Scientic source of the argument was shown to be fraudulent) it somehow proves Global Warming. haha

badger
9/29/2011, 01:32 PM
Why the big grin icon?
Because a political process that has tiny states like Iowa and New Hampshire effectively deciding our president simply by giving them a starting momentum swing is funny.

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/stein/Stei080109B.gif

sappstuf
9/29/2011, 01:38 PM
Because a political process that has tiny states like Iowa and New Hampshire effectively deciding our president simply by giving them a starting momentum swing is funny.

I have always thought that was strange as well. I read somewhere that Florida is thinking of moving theirs up to January.

9/29/2011, 01:44 PM

No doubt it brings a big chuckle at Hollyweird parties.

badger
9/29/2011, 01:45 PM
I have always thought that was strange as well. I read somewhere that Florida is thinking of moving theirs up to January.

They are going to officially announce tomorrow, but rumor has it that they have gone with Jan 31 to preserve their fifth-spot in the nation. This moves them ahead of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina, who are all expected to react to Florida's expected announcement by moving their own primaries up.

It's not unheard of. Most of Iowa's caucuses have ended up in January just to ensure that they get to be first. They're irrelevant otherwise, so it's something they can hold dear.