PDA

View Full Version : The "way too early to really worry" weather forecast for OU/* game.

SoonerPride
9/28/2011, 09:53 PM
Rain chances in the 60-70% range.

I know, it's 10 days out.

Still, pack a poncho. :grey:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX0327

Soonerntxs
9/29/2011, 05:56 AM
SoonerPride, no worries; the rain chance is just the short whorn network paying off the weather guys trying to spoil our ticket sales.:fat:

Soonerfan88
9/29/2011, 12:07 PM
Look at that, rain chance now down to 10%. Guess that whorn $$ doesn't go as far as it used to. :tongue:

BeaSooner
9/29/2011, 12:13 PM
I'm pretty sure we can woop their a$$e$ rain or shine.

badger
9/29/2011, 12:15 PM
Texas and Oklahoma both need the rain. Even if it costs the final score a few touchdowns, both states need the rain more than a good football game.

No, I cannot believe I just typed that either.

SoonerPride
9/29/2011, 12:27 PM
Texas and Oklahoma both need the rain. Even if it costs the final score a few touchdowns, both states need the rain more than a good football game.

No, I cannot believe I just typed that either.

We need the rain.

texas can dry up and blow away. sorry.

SoonerPride
9/29/2011, 12:29 PM
Look at that, rain chance now down to 10%. Guess that whorn $$ doesn't go as far as it used to. :tongue:

Well I did start this thread yesterday with the caveat that it was "way to early to really worry." So if the chances go down that's great. I just remember sitting in pouring rain in 1984. And the refs screwing OU (again). :mad:

MojoRisen
9/29/2011, 12:30 PM
The first arese whooping we put on the whorns in the stoops era was played in Drizzle .

badger
9/29/2011, 12:31 PM
We need the rain.

texas can dry up and blow away. sorry.

That MIGHT make more of our OU graduates stay in-state after they get their degree! :D

:mad: traitors.

Boomer.....
9/29/2011, 12:45 PM
The last time I was there in the rain we shut them out 12-0. Bring it!

thecrimsoncrusader
9/29/2011, 01:06 PM
Cool and rainy like the 2000 game wouldn't be bad.

SoonerPride
9/29/2011, 01:07 PM
Cool and rainy like the 2000 game wouldn't be bad.

I jumped up and down the entire game and never felt the rain nor the cold.

One of the greatest days watching OU football.

Ever.

King Barry's Back
9/29/2011, 02:22 PM
Well I did start this thread yesterday with the caveat that it was "way to early to really worry." So if the chances go down that's great. I just remember sitting in pouring rain in 1984. And the refs screwing OU (again). :mad:

I was at that game. Will never forget it. It was my freshman year. I was in the Pride then, too.

cccasooner2
9/29/2011, 02:29 PM
In horse racing terms, the team playing well in wet weather would be called a mudder. Do we play well in the mud?

humblesooner
9/29/2011, 02:45 PM
In horse racing terms, the team playing well in wet weather would be called a mudder. Do we play well in the mud?

Since you need water to make mud and it hasn't rained in the midwest in about 12 years, we have no idea which, if either, team would be a mudder.

cccasooner2
9/29/2011, 03:16 PM
Since you need water to make mud and it hasn't rained in the midwest in about 12 years, we have no idea which, if either, team would be a mudder.

I suppose it depends on which midwest are you taliking about, the northern or southern midwest. :) The northern midwest has had lots of water.

XingTheRubicon
9/29/2011, 03:27 PM
2000 was freaking cold and rainy, 2004 was rainy then hot and humid.

2 very satisfying victories

cleller
9/29/2011, 07:35 PM
You are more likely to be hit be a meteorite than rain these days.

C&CDean
9/29/2011, 07:44 PM
I jumped up and down the entire game and never felt the rain nor the cold.

One of the greatest days watching OU football.

Ever.

This. Especially since the year before we went up something like 17-0, then ended up losing. Same year we lost to Notre Dame after leading most of the way. Bob's first year. I was wet, cold, and mother****ing orgasmatic when we just kept scoring and handed those burnt orange **********s the beating of their life. Until a couple years later when we beat them even worse. Good times...

SoonerPride
9/29/2011, 09:02 PM
This. Especially since the year before we went up something like 17-0, then ended up losing. Same year we lost to Notre Dame after leading most of the way. Bob's first year. I was wet, cold, and mother****ing orgasmatic when we just kept scoring and handed those burnt orange **********s the beating of their life. Until a couple years later when we beat them even worse. Good times...

Not only was it one of the greatest games I ever went to, it was a game I almost didn't make it to at all.

They moved the game up to an early kick for TV.

I had an 8am Saturday light to DFW. My friend was gonna pick me up. The plane boards and taxis down the runway, then stops. The pilot says he can't turn the plane right or left so we're headed back to the terminal. "We will not be flying to Dallas this morning." says the pilot.

I was freaking out.

I get in the terminal, all the other flights are full. "We can get you to Dallas at 4pm" said the attendant in an overly cheerful as hell voice. Um, WTH ever.

I ran down to baggage return storming up and down and cursing LOUDLY until my bags come back. The poor rent-a-car people were cowering behind their computer terminals and peeking out periodically to see if I was going to throw something. In retrospect, it's a good thing this was pre-9/11 because my tirade would have landed me right in jail. Or worse.

The whole reason I wanted to fly was because my poor beat up old jalopy was on its last legs and I thought "there is no telling if this car even makes it to Dallas." So without much hope and no other options I sprint to my car and drive at 90-to-100 mph all the way down to Dallas. Praise be to Jesus that old car survived the ordeal.

I finally get ahold of my friend, who didn't have a cell phone in those days. He had gone to DFW and saw my flight was canceled and went back home where his wife had 20 messages from me.

I tell him to find me at the gate on the West side of the Fairgrounds. I have his ticket and if he misses me then too bad because as soon as I get there I'm walking straight into the stadium. With or without him.

We made it to the game and only missed the opening kickoff.

It was, to say the least, the most memorable OU/* game of my life (and I've been quite a few times.)

kevpks
9/29/2011, 09:37 PM
The weight of rainwater on the ball is going to make it tough for Case to lob those wounded ducks toJaxson with that noodle arm of his.

SoonerPride
9/30/2011, 06:43 AM
Now back up to 60%.

mainline13
9/30/2011, 07:27 AM

We be the baddest mudders in town!

swardboy
10/6/2011, 06:43 AM
Saturday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

"way too early" .... perfect title.

GottaHavePride
10/6/2011, 07:57 AM
I didn't even notice it was cold in 2000. I thought it was a little damp at the time.

I remember 1999 as being ridiculously hot, and one of the longest non-OT games I've ever seen.

NormanPride
10/6/2011, 09:15 AM
Yeah, it could have been raining dogs and cats with tornadoes on the side and I wouldn't have noticed. It was just such an awesome game...