PDA

View Full Version : Muslims Outside of Iran Expect Tolerance, But....

soonercruiser
9/28/2011, 09:32 PM
Christian Pastor's Execution Looms in Iran

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/221585/20110928/youcef-nadarkhani.htm

What tolerance??
But, Martyrs have no fear!

Youcef Nadarkhani, a Christian pastor in Iran, faces the death penalty if he refuses to convert to Islam.
Pastor Nadarkhani has been convicted of "apostasy," the crime of abandoning a religious faith. Despite the fact that he was never anything other than a Christian, Iranian clerics have determined that since his ancestors practiced Islam he is still considered guilty.

While an appeal trial determined that Nadarkhani was not an apostate, Iran's Supreme Court upheld the original decision from the 11th branch of Iran’s Gilan Provincial Court. And while apostasy isn't technically in Iran's penal code, it is punishable under religious texts and Ayatollah Khomeini's fatwas.

Nadarkhani, who was arrested in 2009, has been given three chances to repent and convert to Islam. All three times he has refused. Nadarkhani was given his fourth and final chance to give up Christianity on Wednesday, which he again declined. No verdict has been announced, but many expect that he could be put to death as soon as Thursday.

Midtowner
9/28/2011, 09:53 PM
Let the Christian right run the show, America will eventually resemble this.

That wall between church and state is a good thing!

Memtig14
9/28/2011, 10:57 PM
How many people have you heard of the Christian right executing in America? Cause they pretty much ran it for a long time.

John Kochtoston
9/29/2011, 04:45 AM
How many people have you heard of the Christian right executing in America? Cause they pretty much ran it for a long time.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/number-executions-state-and-region-1976

MR2-Sooner86
9/29/2011, 05:23 AM

Now go through there and show us how many of them were executed for not converting to Christianity.

Midtowner
9/29/2011, 06:51 AM
deleted

TUSooner
9/29/2011, 08:43 AM
Just because cruiser is a RW radio zombie with an insatiable craving for sensationalist horsepoop and for soaking in self-righteous anger doesn't mean everything he posts is inaccurate. Did he say anything good, by the way? He's on my ignore list. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Frozen Sooner
9/29/2011, 08:49 AM
So, just to get this straight, is this thread advocating executing Muslims for not converting to Christianity?

Or just being intolerant of their religion because the government of Iran is executing Christians?

Midtowner
9/29/2011, 09:43 AM
deleted

jkjsooner
9/29/2011, 09:47 AM
For there to be hypocrisy, an individual or institution would have to take both of these stances (we need to be tolerant while they do not). No doubt that some do but let's no try to stereotype every Muslim. Most of them who are in the US and demanding equality/fairness don't agree with anything that the Iranian government does. Many are here to escape that type of tryanny.

Is the Iranian government hypocritical? I wouldn't think you would find many who would answer no to that question.

saucysoonergal
9/29/2011, 10:18 AM
Take it to the Political Forum.

TUSooner
9/29/2011, 10:40 AM

YES!
Hasn't he been warned?! RED CARD! RED CARD! BANE HIM !!! BANE HIM !!

I mean that in the nicest possible way.

OhU1
9/29/2011, 10:52 AM
Just because cruiser is a RW radio zombie with an insatiable craving for sensationalist horsepoop and for soaking in self-righteous anger doesn't mean everything he posts is inaccurate. Did he say anything good, by the way?

"Radio Zombie" - I love it. I haven't put anyone on ignore yet but some of these radio zombie's are pretty close to being indistinguishable from spam bot programs.

SoonerJack
9/29/2011, 11:05 AM
this thread reminds me of why I like the football forum so much

JohnnyMack
9/29/2011, 01:37 PM

This isn't politics, this is religion.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2011, 01:56 PM
You are wrong

JohnnyMack
9/29/2011, 02:15 PM
You are poop

saucysoonergal
9/29/2011, 02:18 PM
It is political religion, thus politics.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2011, 02:20 PM
Saucy is right, JM is wrong..He also touched me in a naughty way

Frozen Sooner
9/29/2011, 02:26 PM
It's borderline, so I thought I'd see how it developed and move it if I thought it was necessary. But OK.

saucysoonergal
9/29/2011, 02:27 PM
It's borderline, so I thought I'd see how it developed and move it if I thought it was necessary. But OK.

Demoncrats suck.

Now can you move it?

saucysoonergal
9/29/2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks Froze, you RAWK!

JohnnyMack
9/29/2011, 02:33 PM
Saucy is right, JM is wrong..He also touched me in a naughty way

http://chloeandeddie.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/bc8eb_funny-dog-pictures-dont-be-lookin-at-my-naughty-bits.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2011, 02:33 PM
Here I am! Rock you like a Herman Cain!

JohnnyMack
9/29/2011, 02:50 PM

And that is why this place sucks. It's not Froze's fault, he's just doing what he thinks the great and powerful Oz wants. Now the SO has been split into the original SO which is at this point comprised of 3 pages of the most boring **** imaginable and the interesting stuff has been relegated to something called ObamaFest, which I'm certain the powers that be found to be oh so clever but I would imagine steers quite a few people away from ever entering it in the first place. Instead of having attentive moderators who should be thumping the skulls of **** for brained, mentally challenged, copy & paste window lickers (yes, you know who I'm referring to) the powers that be decide to oust the OUI people because they don't fit in, don't follow the rules or don't get along with others, but did breathe a bit of fresh air into a place that had seen massive attrition of tons of old time posters. Posters who faded away or were also banned because they erred on the wrong side of the uneven, unsteady and flat out irrational moderation tendencies of the powers that be. The last thing this place needed was a cosmetic makeover, what it needed (and still needs) is moderation and attention from people in charge who actually give a **** about the forum. If you don't want to talk about politics and would rather discuss STEP's bowel movements or just how awesome Dancing With the Stars is then don't click on the ****ing political threads. For gods sake we got an entirely revamped site and they can't even take down the Photoshop tennis tournaments from 2006 and 2007? This place is like Jerry Lewis in Who's Minding the Store? I swear sometimes I think Phil has Munchausen by proxy syndrome and is taking it out on this board. He really wants to kill it and be done with it but just doesn't quite have the balls to do it.

saucysoonergal
9/29/2011, 02:52 PM
Chill JM. Have a Mojito and relax!

TUSooner
9/29/2011, 03:23 PM
And that is why this place sucks. It's not Froze's fault, he's just doing what he thinks the great and powerful Oz wants. Now the SO has been split into the original SO which is at this point comprised of 3 pages of the most boring **** imaginable and the interesting stuff has been relegated to something called ObamaFest, which I'm certain the powers that be found to be oh so clever but I would imagine steers quite a few people away from ever entering it in the first place. Instead of having attentive moderators who should be thumping the skulls of **** for brained, mentally challenged, copy & paste window lickers (yes, you know who I'm referring to) the powers that be decide to oust the OUI people because they don't fit in, don't follow the rules or don't get along with others, but did breathe a bit of fresh air into a place that had seen massive attrition of tons of old time posters. Posters who faded away or were also banned because they erred on the wrong side of the uneven, unsteady and flat out irrational moderation tendencies of the powers that be. The last thing this place needed was a cosmetic makeover, what it needed (and still needs) is moderation and attention from people in charge who actually give a **** about the forum. If you don't want to talk about politics and would rather discuss STEP's bowel movements or just how awesome Dancing With the Stars is then don't click on the ****ing political threads. For gods sake we got an entirely revamped site and they can't even take down the Photoshop tennis tournaments from 2006 and 2007? This place is like Jerry Lewis in Who's Minding the Store? I swear sometimes I think Phil has Munchausen by proxy syndrome and is taking it out on this board. He really wants to kill it and be done with it but just doesn't quite have the balls to do it.
I think ObamaFest 2012 is a really lousy name for the political thread.

And...
[A]ttentive moderators . . . should be thumping the skulls of **** for brained, mentally challenged, copy & paste window lickers (yes, you know who I'm referring to).

Otherwise, a mojito might be a good idea, JM.

cccasooner2
9/29/2011, 07:58 PM
I think ObamaFest 2012 is a really lousy name for the political thread.

And...

Otherwise, a mojito might be a good idea, JM.

It should be renamed George Washington 1789.

soonercruiser
9/29/2011, 11:46 PM

WRONG!
Those statistics are all death penalties.
And, I don't believe that our court system would only allow Christians on juries.
Nice try! Wrong facts!

Exceute society's law for the safety of society; and pass the guilty along to GOD for judgement!
BTW - that's 50 million children murdered/aborted since Roe v. Wade.
I'm sure you anti-death penalty folks are just heart broken over that statistic.
:chargrined:

soonercruiser
9/29/2011, 11:48 PM
Just because cruiser is a RW radio zombie with an insatiable craving for sensationalist horsepoop and for soaking in self-righteous anger doesn't mean everything he posts is inaccurate. Did he say anything good, by the way? He's on my ignore list. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Thank you!
That should cut down the personal attacks a little.
:fat:

soonercruiser
9/29/2011, 11:51 PM

No need to make it political saucey!
It's about American freedom versus the Islamic Law!

soonercruiser
9/29/2011, 11:56 PM

Wow!
Good post!
But, I really think that most who come to the non-sports forums can't read and comprehend well to understand what "political" means.
But, they sure can talk "genital"!
:beguiled:

yermom
9/30/2011, 12:24 AM

well, we know who is next ;)

John Kochtoston
9/30/2011, 04:51 AM
WRONG!
Those statistics are all death penalties.
And, I don't believe that our court system would only allow Christians on juries.
Nice try! Wrong facts!

That wasn't the question I answered. The question was:

Since the Christian right is why we have a death penalty in America, that's how many folks they've executed. If you're going to support the death penalty, take ownership of its effects. If you find all those executions morally justifiable, fine. Just don't deny that moral justification is rooted in how a large number of people in America interpret the Bible.

soonercruiser
9/30/2011, 09:21 PM
That wasn't the question I answered. The question was:

Since the Christian right is why we have a death penalty in America, that's how many folks they've executed. If you're going to support the death penalty, take ownership of its effects. If you find all those executions morally justifiable, fine. Just don't deny that moral justification is rooted in how a large number of people in America interpret the Bible.

I would disagree.
I see this as a Catholic.
For every Bible thumping Christian who clings to justification in the Old Testament (Eye for an Eye); there is another New Testament Christian who is for total love, no matter how painful to themselves and society.
I just can't agree with going that far.

OhU1
10/1/2011, 12:57 PM

100% spot on. The new OUI posters breathed a lot of new life into the site. However, they were like loud young fans who like to stand at the game that get bounced by geriatric donors for refusing to sit down.

S.O. is dead. What can you talk about over there now? Fark, S.O., Politics should all be on the same board.