PDA

View Full Version : Leroid to the Pac-12?

agoo758
9/28/2011, 09:21 PM
Seriously, havn't seen him in a while, and I am sort of beginning to miss his pointless arguing. Any sign of him? lately??

AlbqSooner
9/29/2011, 07:01 AM
When I was driving to the Mizzou game last weekend, I thought I saw him along Hwy 9 arguing with a fence post.

birddog
9/29/2011, 07:45 AM
that fence post was soonerfromgeorgia.

NormanPride
9/29/2011, 08:13 AM
Great thread all around, gents. Good show!

badger
9/29/2011, 08:15 AM
I booted him because he wasn't vBetting. Let that be a lesson to the rest of you!

Breadburner
9/29/2011, 09:00 AM
Go start a webiste with him........

Mississippi Sooner
9/29/2011, 09:04 AM
I just got a tweet that said he's a front runner for the new Big 12 commish.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/29/2011, 02:32 PM
He disagrees and says he posts here daily.

cccasooner2
9/29/2011, 02:39 PM
He is also disappointed in oudavid1's attitude in boring OU classes.

LVSOONER15
9/29/2011, 02:45 PM
Well I heard after the fence post fiasco, he was running with a flock of sheep.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/29/2011, 06:04 PM
I checked the obits in Arizona but no sign of him. Next is Fresno area. Apparently his IP address at one time placed him there.

yermom
9/29/2011, 08:29 PM
that was some fancy proxy work. he was really Osama Bin Laden.

check the dates :eek:

oudavid1
9/29/2011, 08:36 PM
He is also disappointed in oudavid1's attitude in boring OU classes.

I got to UCO, its a cheaper bore.

yermom
9/29/2011, 10:13 PM
i hope you aren't a speeling major

Frozen Sooner
9/29/2011, 10:16 PM
Is oudavid1 another guy who thinks medical schools are falling all over themselves to admit students without bachelor's degrees?

starclassic tama
9/29/2011, 10:45 PM
I got to UCO, its a cheaper bore.
it's not much cheaper. tuition is actually more per credit hour at UCO, but the fees are much higher at OU.

Is oudavid1 another guy who thinks medical schools are falling all over themselves to admit students without bachelor's degrees?
do we really need to discuss this again? all you need to get into medical school in oklahoma is a favorable combination of GPA in the pre-requisite classes (about 90 hours), and MCAT scores. if you take all the pre-reqs and finish with a great GPA and MCAT score, OU and OSU couldn't care less if you have a bachelor's. but most people take a few core/gen-ed classes every semester so by the time they get all the pre-reqs finished they have the 120+ hours to graduate.

SicEmBaylor
9/29/2011, 10:49 PM
Is UCO to the Edmond-OKC-Norman axis as NSU is to the Tahlequah-FTG-Muskogee axis?

Frozen Sooner
9/29/2011, 11:25 PM
Holy Bat-signal! Do you have a Google alert set or something?

Nope, we don't need to discuss it again. We agree that medical schools don't require bachelor's degrees. We disagree on whether they put any weight on them.

sooner59
9/30/2011, 12:09 AM
it's not much cheaper. tuition is actually more per credit hour at UCO, but the fees are much higher at OU.

do we really need to discuss this again? all you need to get into medical school in oklahoma is a favorable combination of GPA in the pre-requisite classes (about 90 hours), and MCAT scores. if you take all the pre-reqs and finish with a great GPA and MCAT score, OU and OSU couldn't care less if you have a bachelor's. but most people take a few core/gen-ed classes every semester so by the time they get all the pre-reqs finished they have the 120+ hours to graduate.

Technically that is true, but you can't stress the word "great" enough in that situation. Both schools also say the minimum requirements are a 3.0 GPA and a 21 MCAT. Although if you are close to those scores, you probably don't have a snowball's chance in hell. There are some that slip in, but they are very few and far between, and for special reasons.

FirstandGoal
9/30/2011, 08:27 AM
Dangit, y'all sucked me into this argument against my better judgement.

Not exactly sure what the criteria is today, but back in '90 I was toying around with the idea of med school (mainly just to see if I could get in)
I got accepted with a score somewhere in the low to mid 30's and my GPA was somewhere in the 3.6-3.8 range. I did not have my B.S. yet, but I was already enrolled at OU and was in my last year of pharmacy school.

Ultimately I decided that adding another several years worth of student loan debt on top of what I already had was undesirable. I also decided that I would rather be the person to dispense a suppository rather than insert one. :distress:

oudavid1
10/2/2011, 02:17 AM

Wait, what!? Why the h would I care about medical school? Im lost.

I like my living/working situation at UCO. Not to mention UCO seems really easy academically (at least in my basics). But I can never defend UCOs football program vs Oklahoma's. I would probably be giving in and transferring already if I didnt think I had a great opportunity at UCO to gain valuable experience. OU is a lot more fun as well. I mean UCO is good enough for boring people like me, but my friends at OU/OSU/or LSU would never come to UCO unless the had to.