PDA

View Full Version : One Thing I've Noticed about Landry

Stooper
9/28/2011, 07:32 PM
As many careless pics as he may have thrown in the past, not many people talk about all of the CLUTCH throws he has made. Going back to game in Stillwater (Kenney and Hanna throws). Big 12 against Nebbish. Florida St. (3rd Down to Broyles on 3rd down to ice game). Mizzou game on 3rd down in 4th quarter to sustain drive and continue drive). It just seems to me that he has maybe become very good at making crucial throws when we MUST have them. What do you think??

BoulderSooner79
9/28/2011, 07:54 PM
I have commented on how mentally tough he is and doesn't played scared after a mistake. So yeah, clutch too. He still needs to cut down on mistakes as the season progresses ;)

badger
9/28/2011, 08:14 PM
It's like he has a little bubble around his head... absolutely nothing rattles him. Probably why Josh moved upstairs instead of staying on the field to talk to him. That and the co-offensive coordinator thing :)

oudavid1
9/28/2011, 08:15 PM
That ball he threw to Cameron Kenny was up there with Sam Bradford to Malcolm Kelly (vs Texas '07). Two of the best throws of the last 5 years. 15 yard dig on 3rd and 12 on the road, missile right to em. Bradford getting ready to get slammed finds Kelly with man on a crossing post to win the game vs Texas as a freshman. Truly clutch plays be guys capable of making them.

LVSOONER15
9/28/2011, 09:16 PM
As long as we win and leads us to the promise land, that's all I care about.

MyT Oklahoma
9/28/2011, 10:20 PM
I don't think that he gets enough credit for what he does. Even today I had to hear someone bag on him at the Verizon store.

BoulderSooner79
9/28/2011, 10:30 PM
I don't think that he gets enough credit for what he does. Even today I had to hear someone bag on him at the Verizon store.

I'd switch to Sprint !

yankee
9/28/2011, 11:50 PM
Is it me or has Landry dramatically increased his pocket awareness and improved his footwork a lot over the past couple of years. He seems to feel the pressure better, step up in the pocket and out of the way and then deliver a good pass. Just me?

Sooner_Tuf
9/29/2011, 03:52 AM
Is it me or has Landry dramatically increased his pocket awareness and improved his footwork a lot over the past couple of years. He seems to feel the pressure better, step up in the pocket and out of the way and then deliver a good pass. Just me?

No it's not just you. With experience he is getting better. Realize coming out of Artesia he has had to experience a lot in college that kid coming out of Texas 5A ball has already experienced. Landry's ceiling is incredibly high and he is nowhere near reaching it. I don't think we will see it in his college career, much the same as was true with Sam.

As long as he puts in the work he will keep growing just like Sam is doing in the NFL.