PDA

View Full Version : OU on LHN would you watch?

OUHOMER
9/28/2011, 03:45 PM
was thinking today, Ball St game is a PFV only this weekend. If LHN were available and showed the game would you watch it?

just cusrious.

Fraggle145
9/28/2011, 03:47 PM
No.

deweydw
9/28/2011, 03:47 PM
I think you need to subscribe to LHN. So the answer would be no.

Soonerntxs
9/28/2011, 03:50 PM
Only if I were in a BAR with HOT WINGS facing a mirror that had a reflection of the game on in one of the PIP Screens!

HELL, what am I thinking NO SILLY, You'll go blind watching anything whorn related!

8timechamps
9/28/2011, 03:51 PM
That's like asking if your wife and daughter were in a house fire and you could only save one, which would it be...

For the record, I'm divorced...so that's easy!

sooneredaco
9/28/2011, 04:01 PM
I'd rather listen to it on the radio

stoops the eternal pimp
9/28/2011, 04:03 PM
^ +1

badger
9/28/2011, 04:07 PM
Start the Sooner Network asap, someone in the athletic department. START IT! SOON! Now? NOW if possible!

It's almost basketball season and a lot of our games for both men and women need a network. Why not provide one?!

PS: if it takes launching with Poke to get it going, I don't care. We can even include them in the name... the Sooner State Network. Pokes might initially resist, till they fume once again that a conference football game isn't getting televised (the next blackout is their KU/OSU game at home)

Mad Dog Madsen
9/28/2011, 04:09 PM
PFV? lol.

mgsooner
9/28/2011, 04:13 PM
I'd be more likely to watch it if it were aired by Al Jazeera.

OUHOMER
9/28/2011, 04:25 PM
Another question just crossed my mind. Would David Boren sell the rights to LHN? If so how much would it take?

rekamrettuB
9/28/2011, 04:33 PM
I would.

Keller Sooner
9/28/2011, 06:10 PM
NO!!

Chiliman
9/28/2011, 07:40 PM
I'd rather listen to it on the radio

No question.

Sooner in Tampa
9/28/2011, 09:12 PM
**** No

85sooners
9/28/2011, 09:13 PM
no

SoonerPride
9/28/2011, 09:35 PM
Nope

bluedogok
9/28/2011, 10:02 PM
I think you need to subscribe to LHN. So the answer would be no.
It is not a subscription type of network, you cannot get it on your cable/sat service if they do not have an agreement with ESPN/LHN to carry it. Even if it was an extra cost subscription network like some of the soccer channels and such the provider still needs to have a contract with them for carriage. On most systems (all 6 or 7 they have signed) I think it is in the Sports Tiers package, so if you have that package then you would more than likely have it. Time Warner here in Austin still does not carry it so local Whorn fans still can't watch it.

MyT Oklahoma
9/28/2011, 10:11 PM
Nyet.

the-rover
9/28/2011, 10:23 PM
no

SoonerinSouthlake
9/28/2011, 11:45 PM
NO NO NO

I would just watch the sooonerfans.com board

and since 90% of the posts would be complaints about the way we're playing...Id assume a loss

then Id click over to a news website to see we won by 20

sooneredaco
9/29/2011, 12:13 AM
^^
spot on!!!! :beguiled:

zandozan
9/29/2011, 01:07 AM
I'll watch the LHN when Charlton Heston crawls up out of the grave and pries the remote control from my cold dead hands.

MeMyself&Me
9/29/2011, 01:34 AM
We may get to find out just how much OU fans are willing to boycott LHN during basketball season. I doubt an OU/Texas bball game is going to garner enough interest to be picked up by conference contracts and UT may be pushing hard to get their home game vs OU on LHN.

I can say I certainly wouldn't watch but I'm not much of a basketball fan either.

SOFSooner
9/29/2011, 01:40 AM
How many ways are there in the world to say no to this question? Why even ask that question?

WA. Sooner
9/29/2011, 02:05 AM
My love for OU football is more than my hate of texas. I would watch if on tv no matter the network. I would not pay or subscribe to some networks but if I was at a bar or someone house that had that I would watch

Sooner_Tuf
9/29/2011, 03:38 AM
It won't be happening so it really doesn't matter what the answer is. But sure I would watch it anyway I could. When I was a kid I carried a portable AM radio more than a 1/2 mile to be able to listen to OU games.

Always_Sooner
9/29/2011, 03:40 AM
It's irrelevant.

rekamrettuB
9/29/2011, 08:56 AM
My love for OU football is more than my hate of texas. I would watch if on tv no matter the network. I would not pay or subscribe to some networks but if I was at a bar or someone house that had that I would watch

Thanks...finally someone agrees with me. I would be willing to bet that at least half of the folks that are saying no would turn it on after about the 1st series. I couldn't not watch it if it were on TV...on any station.

EatLeadCommie
9/29/2011, 09:07 AM
Since the game would be played in a bar somewhere, I'd go there to watch it. That way, I don't support the LHN with a subscription and still get to see my Sooners.

Boomer.....
9/29/2011, 09:24 AM
The LHN would not show OU games unless OU and Texas were playing. Even then, the RRS would never be shown on there. It's way too large of a game.

instigator
9/29/2011, 09:39 AM
It would ever happen, but if I couldn't be there, I'd watch it. I already get it with my basic cable so I'd be crazy not to watch my Sooners!

TUSooner
9/29/2011, 10:22 AM
If free - Hell ta da YAH! It's the SOONERS, man!
If pay - nope, I am too cheap to pay anyone, much less tejas

PLaw
9/29/2011, 11:00 AM
was thinking today, Ball St game is a PFV only this weekend. If LHN were available and showed the game would you watch it?

just cusrious.

If UT was paying OU about $10M for the telecast, then probably so.

BOOMER

badger
9/29/2011, 11:13 AM
It is not a subscription type of network, you cannot get it on your cable/sat service if they do not have an agreement with ESPN/LHN to carry it. Even if it was an extra cost subscription network like some of the soccer channels and such the provider still needs to have a contract with them for carriage. On most systems (all 6 or 7 they have signed) I think it is in the Sports Tiers package, so if you have that package then you would more than likely have it. Time Warner here in Austin still does not carry it so local Whorn fans still can't watch it.

During the OU/Texas volleyball broadcast last night on ESPNU, they were BEGGING viewers to continue asking for the LHN, because apparently, the cable companies are still giving a resounding NO to picking it up.

I might feel differently if the cable providers were saying no to the Sooner Network (or the Sooner State Network if we include OSU, hehe), but right now, I love that LHN is failing.

deweydw
9/29/2011, 11:36 AM
That was some great v-ball action last night. I feel sorry for Jay Hawk fans that don't get LHN. That game will only be on LHN.

sooneredaco
9/29/2011, 11:51 AM
LHN=Epic Fail

badger
9/29/2011, 12:00 PM
That was some great v-ball action last night. I feel sorry for Jay Hawk fans that don't get LHN. That game will only be on LHN.

Don't feel too bad. Their OSU game isn't on television at all and if I had to guess, there's probably others that aren't getting picked up too. They're a basketball school without Mangino, so no TV for KU football anymore it seems.

If the Sooner Network (or Sooner State Network) doesn't start, we could try to join forces with the Kansas schools for a TV network to get some of these non-televised games on TV. OSU fans are already furious that the KU home game isn't on TV, so it'd be win-win for both of them. An OU game like Ball State would have a home then, too.

And BASKETBALL! I really want to see more Sooner basketball on TV.

trey
9/29/2011, 12:30 PM

this. i would watch OU anytime, anywhere, any network

bluedogok
9/29/2011, 10:02 PM
During the OU/Texas volleyball broadcast last night on ESPNU, they were BEGGING viewers to continue asking for the LHN, because apparently, the cable companies are still giving a resounding NO to picking it up.

I might feel differently if the cable providers were saying no to the Sooner Network (or the Sooner State Network if we include OSU, hehe), but right now, I love that LHN is failing.
Even most of the Whorn fans that I know down here are not that interested in it, the only time they they are is for football games. The ones that I know who would like it already go to a lot of the "other sports" games that will make up most of the programming but even they are not begging for it.

Curly Bill
9/29/2011, 10:59 PM
I would watch it on any network if I didn't have to pay for it. I'm sure as hell not doing PPV.

And speaking of LHN: I have whorn friends and I don't know any of em that plan on getting it.