9/27/2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/football-depth-chart.html

Mainly O-Line changes with Habern out.

Boomer.....
9/27/2011, 06:49 PM
Still has Stevens over Hunnicutt.

OUster
9/27/2011, 08:41 PM
All things considered, we might be pretty strong next year, as well!

Curly Bill
9/27/2011, 08:45 PM
Winchester listed as a 2nd team WR, and yeah I know there are 3-pairs of em listed, but still?

oudavid1
9/27/2011, 09:23 PM
Not as deep at receiver. Not to mention Austin Woods must not be ready either :(

8timechamps
9/27/2011, 11:02 PM
Looks like everyone of the first team O-Line has seen game time. That always makes it a little easier, but if there is one guy you don't want to lose on the O-Line it'd be the Center...or the Left Tackle...nah, Center...that's more ominous.

yankee
9/28/2011, 01:06 AM
Not as deep at receiver. (

I think we're still very deep with Broyles, Stills, Miller and Reynolds. Kameel and McCay off the bench too.

oudavid1
9/28/2011, 01:42 AM
I think we're still very deep with Broyles, Stills, Miller and Reynolds. Kameel and McCay off the bench too.

I just think it must be a sign that James Winchester is on the two-deep.

NOVSooner
9/28/2011, 07:24 AM
any word on what's going on with Mccay? Thought there was a lot of talk about him in the spring showing flashes so just wondering if he slacked off or what. i'm sure Jackson has upside but he didn't show much last game in regards to holding on to the ball so just thought Mccay may get in some

dennis580
9/28/2011, 08:08 AM
I just cann't understand why Whaley is not yet the starter. This is getting to be rediculous. The goal should be starting the players who give us the best chance at winning the national championship. Not discriminating against somebody because he is a walk on. Clay is just not getting the job done, and wasting carries on him could cost a chance at the national championship. Whaley should be getting about 25 carries a game.

Soonerwake
9/28/2011, 08:37 AM
I just cann't understand why Whaley is not yet the starter. This is getting to be rediculous. The goal should be starting the players who give us the best chance at winning the national championship. Not discriminating against somebody because he is a walk on. Clay is just not getting the job done, and wasting carries on him could cost a chance at the national championship. Whaley should be getting about 25 carries a game.

Yes, because those of us that get to see them carry the ball 10 times a game once per week have a much better idea of what they are capable of, and who gives us the better shot at a championship than the coaches who spend hours and hours watching, coaching, analyzing film, developing game-plans, etc...

badger
9/28/2011, 09:06 AM
Hunnicut is kicking very well, but do you take away a starting job due to injury?

I imagine Clay has just gotten more experience and more practice snaps, hence still being the starter. And it's not like Whaley isn't getting tons of carries from his backup spot.

BoulderSooner79
9/28/2011, 09:44 AM
Even AD wasn't the official starter for several games in '04 - that includes the RRR where he carried the entire offense on his shoulders.

badger
9/28/2011, 10:33 AM
Even AD wasn't the official starter for several games in '04 - that includes the RRR where he carried the entire offense on his shoulders.

Oh yeah, I remember Jones and AD both rushing for 100 yards in the home opener AD's freshman year. Not being the starter a few times didn't stop him from being the Heisman runner up :D

KiiDSooNER
9/28/2011, 10:49 AM
Just because someone isn't listed as a 'starter' , doesn't mean they don't play meaningful snaps. Clay starts off the game because he's a better pass catcher, and during the beginning of the game - we always try to score first. Towards the end of the game, that's where we'll see Whaley running down teams throats.

NormanPride
9/28/2011, 10:55 AM
I'm just happy Colvin is okay. We are really thin at safety, and he needs to be 100%.

yankee
9/28/2011, 02:14 PM
I just think it must be a sign that James Winchester is on the two-deep.

I try not to overthink over overanalyze the depth chart made for the public. We're fine at WR. Go and tweet that!

badger
9/28/2011, 02:20 PM
James Winchester needs to be fresh for punts so that he can clobber Mr. Whorn again to save us from losing the RRS! :mack:

8timechamps
9/28/2011, 02:41 PM
Just because someone isn't listed as a 'starter' , doesn't mean they don't play meaningful snaps. Clay starts off the game because he's a better pass catcher, and during the beginning of the game - we always try to score first. Towards the end of the game, that's where we'll see Whaley running down teams throats.

Yep, even Stoops said in his most recent press conference that he and the staff viewed Whaley as a "starter". Doesn't necessarily mean he's actually the first running back in the game to take a snap though...

NormanPride
9/28/2011, 02:49 PM
He needs to have at least one game where he is, otherwise he never truly started. And I want to see him in the record books as the first walk on starter in a LONG time!

OUInformant
9/28/2011, 05:36 PM
We're missing Habern AND Jarvis Jones on the OLine. Trey Franks has been suspended indefinitely, so I guess Jaz Reynolds is his best replacement. Honestly speaking, I thought Jaz looked better than Trey Franks, though both are really good.

I would like to see Finch get more carries. Whaley should be the starter over Clay, though I feel that Clay is better than how he is being portrayed by the media, e.g., the Sports Animal.

It's good to see that we are healthy on defense, knock on wood.

Curly Bill
9/28/2011, 05:50 PM
We're missing Habern AND Jarvis Jones on the OLine. Trey Franks has been suspended indefinitely, so I guess Jaz Reynolds is his best replacement. Honestly speaking, I thought Jaz looked better than Trey Franks, though both are really good.

I would like to see Finch get more carries. Whaley should be the starter over Clay, though I feel that Clay is better than how he is being portrayed by the media, e.g., the Sports Animal.

It's good to see that we are healthy on defense, knock on wood.

Really?

goingoneight
9/28/2011, 06:18 PM
No offense to Franks supporters, but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. He's kinda like Manny Johnson was before 2008. He has a little of that Kejuan Jones, "shoestring tackle me" issue, too. Not saying Jaz is dramatically better, but it's not a stretch to say he can't do better. He looked good for a guy who's been out for over a year the other night.

sooner518
9/28/2011, 06:30 PM
Really?

I agree with him. Trey seems to go down super easily. Jaz seems stronger and taller and more physical.

oudavid1
9/28/2011, 08:09 PM
I try not to overthink over overanalyze the depth chart made for the public. We're fine at WR. Go and tweet that!

over think*
over analyze*

cccasooner2
9/28/2011, 08:23 PM
over think*
over analyze*

Welcome to the grammar squad.

http://ilechoo.com/gallery/albums/gifs/applause.gif

Curly Bill
9/28/2011, 08:56 PM
I agree with him. Trey seems to go down super easily. Jaz seems stronger and taller and more physical.

I don't disagree with that, but Trey seems to be open more often, and a better catcher of the ball, which for a WR means a lot more to me than how hard he is to tackle. If we were talking RB's we might have a different story.

dennis580
9/28/2011, 11:38 PM

Better pass catcher? Is that some kind of sick joke? Whaley looked like Demarco Murray in the passing game in the Missouri game the way he caught the ball so smoothly, and accelerated up field so quickly. Whaley is absolutely amazing catching passes out of the backfield

Curly Bill
9/28/2011, 11:44 PM
Better pass catcher? Is that some kind of sick joke? Whaley looked like Demarco Murray in the passing game in the Missouri game the way he caught the ball so smoothly, and accelerated up field so quickly. Whaley is absolutely amazing catching passes out of the backfield

Sick joke? That's just a clueless use of hyperbole, because if you've watched the games you might realize Clay catches the ball amazingly well. I'm not saying Whaley hasn't done that too, but Clay has hands perhaps equal to anyone on the team.

yankee
9/28/2011, 11:47 PM
over think*
over analyze*

Aaannnddd that's why people don't like you and dismiss most of your posts. Well done!

oudavid1
9/29/2011, 08:21 PM
Aaannnddd that's why people don't like you and dismiss most of your posts. Well done!

Why? Because im petty and nit-pick?

Yeah, that stuff gets pretty annoying.

yankee
9/30/2011, 01:05 AM
Why? Because im petty and nit-pick?

Yeah, that stuff gets pretty annoying.

Correcting my grammar is a really, really annoying and a stupid thing to do. Plus, you're the one who used to misspell lots of words (and as far as I know still do) and people would question whether you went to college or not or what school you were going to. So spare me the nit picky part, please.

Gosh you're annoying.

oudavid1
10/2/2011, 02:12 AM
Correcting my grammar is a really, really annoying and a stupid thing to do. Plus, you're the one who used to misspell lots of words (and as far as I know still do) and people would question whether you went to college or not or what school you were going to. So spare me the nit picky part, please.

Gosh you're annoying.

Why dont you tweet about it?