PDA

View Full Version : Libyan surface to air missiles missing

TitoMorelli
9/27/2011, 04:04 PM
U.S. officials had once thought there was little chance that terrorists could get their hands on many of the portable surface-to-air missiles that can bring down a commercial jet liner.

But now that calculation is out the window, with officials at a recent secret White House meeting reporting that thousands of them have gone missing in Libya.

"Matching up a terrorist with a shoulder-fired missile, that's our worst nightmare," said Sen. Barbara Boxer, D.-California, a member of the Senate's Commerce, Energy and Transportation Committee.

The nightmare has been made real with the discovery in Libya that an estimated 20,000 portable, heat-seeking missiles have gone missing from unguarded Army weapons warehouses...

(video at link)

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/nightmare-libya-20000-surface-air-missiles-missing/story?id=14610199

badger
9/27/2011, 04:29 PM
Maybe they'll target the headquarters of the Longhorn Network so we don't have to worry about that crap destroying the Big 12 anymore.

Any other nominees for what they should take out without actually hurting any people?

cccasooner2
9/27/2011, 04:48 PM
I love these self-serving stories designed to get and spend more money to protect us.

MR2-Sooner86
9/27/2011, 05:54 PM
Yup, nothing but peace lovin' folks who flooded the streets of Egypt and Libya. There's nothing to worry about when we stepped aside or got involved with these folks.

This is what happens when we have amateur hour in the White House.

sappstuf
9/27/2011, 07:32 PM
I'm sure glad we backed the Al-Qaeda linked rebels....

Curly Bill
9/27/2011, 08:11 PM
Like I need another reason not to fly. :tongue:

OULenexaman
9/28/2011, 08:54 AM
I love these self-serving stories designed to get and spend more money to protect us. no ****!!.....best part...gone missing from unguarded Army weapons warehouses...
RIIIIIIGHT!!!!:offended:

Midtowner
9/28/2011, 09:08 AM
It is Obama's fault because he didn't send in ground troops!!!11ONE11!