PDA

View Full Version : 10/2: Sunday hangover vBet

badger
9/27/2011, 12:00 PM
This was so much fun last week that I'm gonna give it a try again this week.

This is based on college football related stuff that is announced on Sunday.

So basically, THE POLLS.

Predict how the polls will react to Saturday's games! Here (http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings)'s how they stand currently.

Please remember that a drop in the poll can mean either poll, I just take the largest one. If there's a tie, I'll give it to you.

Good vLuck!

sooner KB
9/27/2011, 08:30 PM
How could there be six ranked Big 12 teams? What am I missing?

SoonerofAlabama
9/27/2011, 08:49 PM
^ Right now there are five Big XII teams ranked: OU, OSU, TAMU, UT, and Baylor. UT plays Iowa State this weekend who was ranked 30th. UT is ranked 17th, if UT does lose. ISU has a chance to be in the top 25 and if ESPN gets enough horn out there, maybe the voters will pick them.

Also, Baylor plays KSU, who after beating Miami, is ranked 31st or so. If they beat Baylor, and voters favor Baylor to stay in the top 25 then KSU should also remain in the top 25.

badger
9/27/2011, 09:10 PM
It is a longshot I admit, but it's possible. I vPaid waaaay too much last week on just asking if five would be ranked, so I had to up it a little this week.

sooner KB
9/29/2011, 02:26 AM
^ Right now there are five Big XII teams ranked: OU, OSU, TAMU, UT, and Baylor. UT plays Iowa State this weekend who was ranked 30th. UT is ranked 17th, if UT does lose. ISU has a chance to be in the top 25 and if ESPN gets enough horn out there, maybe the voters will pick them.

Also, Baylor plays KSU, who after beating Miami, is ranked 31st or so. If they beat Baylor, and voters favor Baylor to stay in the top 25 then KSU should also remain in the top 25.

So if 17th ranked UT were to lose to Iowa State, they would stay be ranked? Wow. I guess you could be right, it just sounds ridiculous to me. And how is Texas losing to ISU and Texas remaining in the top 25 (or KSU winning and Baylor remaining ranked) and A&M beating Arkansas only 1/1?

sooner KB
9/29/2011, 02:28 AM
Oh... and I just noticed my vCash and everything has been reset. I did have something around 2000, and bet all but 32 earlier today. Now it shows the default 500 and when I go to "my bets" it shows that I haven't bet on anything.

badger
9/29/2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah, Phil reset the system for some vPoor and vBroke people. Please double-check your vBets.

badger
10/2/2011, 11:05 AM
If I had to guess, either Texas A&M or South Carolina will drop the most in the polls, or maybe Va Tech? In any event, a Big Ten team is probably not gonna drop too far. We'll see.

There is a definite possibility that KSU will slip into the rankings while Baylor will barely stay in, meaning we might have six Big 12 teams ranked this week (OU, OSU, Texas, A&M, Baylor and KSU). The seventh would have needed to be ISU, but they lost to Texas, unless Mizzou is borderline (no).

Houston was supposed to be the third mid-major team in, but they barely beat UTEP, so that might not happen. But, with several ranked teams falling, it's possible.

I have no idea how the pollsters will react to us beating up on Ball State, but we'll see.

badger
10/2/2011, 01:39 PM
Nebrasky was the Big Ten's biggest dropper, going from #8 in both to #14 and #15.

BUT, that was by no means the biggest drop seen.

For example, South Florida, formerly #16 and #14 to unranked in both.

South Carolina, formerly #9 and #10, is now #14 and #18.

TCU, formerly #20 in both, now unranked in both.

The other big mover of the weekend was Texas A&M, from #14 and #13 down to #24 and #25. Baylor also moved from #15/#16 to #25/unranked.

So, no vPayoff on the Big Ten one.

Baylor is JUST BARELY ranked (along with Texas A&M) , and KSU entered the polls, so six Big 12 teams are indeed ranked in both polls combined. But not seven.

Houston remains just barely outside both polls.

The AP is again showing how irrelevant it is, now ranking us behind Bammer and LSU, but the coaches still have us #1. So, they are once again not identical.

Our first place vote tally has diminished again. Bummer.