PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Jobs Plan Is So Important...

sappstuf
9/27/2011, 11:52 AM
That two weeks after he announced it, Harry Reid still hasn't brought it up. Oh, and now Harry just sent the Senate out on a week long vacation.

With the respect that Obama now carries within his own party, I think I have found the perfect golfing buddy for him...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Yp3XWAxfILU/SyU8St5SEzI/AAAAAAAABpA/xrn82UMnPYE/s400/rodney_dangerfield-golf.jpg

OUHOMER
9/27/2011, 01:15 PM
But, but, Obama wants it now! How can this be.

badger
9/27/2011, 01:26 PM
Obama is employing a trickle-down method to selling his jobs plan. Rather than taking it directly to the individual congress members (and yes, I know he did speak to them all a few weeks ago on nat'l tv, yes), he is taking it to the people who vote for the congress members in hopes that the voters will demand their reps/senators pass the jobs bill.

Perhaps he could employ a more direct approach. Vote for my jobs bill, or I'll campaign for you in the primaries instead of your opponents :P

cccasooner2
9/27/2011, 04:36 PM
Latest is that he's resorting to extortion. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/obama-proposes-letting-jobless-sue-discrimination-191042168.html

Can we jail the SOB now?

CrimsonCream
9/28/2011, 02:17 PM
What I find interesting about Sleaze is the lack of support there is now on this Board. Used to be some of the Lefties and especially the Loons (there is a difference) would fall on their swords for the scumbag.

Maybe they now see that he has been a very divisive President, will do or say anything to be re-elected, is a liar, morrally corrupt, bribes and kickbacks, pissed away $850 billion to his supporters, almost bankrupted the Country, not by any definition a Leader and only interested in the trappings of the Office.

Midtowner
9/28/2011, 02:34 PM
Latest is that he's resorting to extortion. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/obama-proposes-letting-jobless-sue-discrimination-191042168.html

Can we jail the SOB now?

How is that extortion? Is it extortion to not let companies discriminate against people on account of race and religion?

cccasooner2
9/28/2011, 03:56 PM
How is that extortion? Is it extortion to not let companies discriminate against people on account of race and religion?

Too lazy to read? No mention in the article of race or religion.

Midtowner
9/28/2011, 03:58 PM
Too lazy to read? No mention in the article of race or religion.

No, the bill would simply treat unemployment the same in that if someone discriminated against you (as with race/religion) you'd have a private right of action.

Follow?

soonercruiser
9/28/2011, 10:14 PM
Perhaps Obama could employ a more direct approach. Vote for my jobs bill, or I'll campaign for you in the primaries instead of your opponents :P

:victorious:
YES! "I am for you"!
(old Startrek line...)

sappstuf
9/30/2011, 08:36 AM
Now the real and obvious reason for the delay of Obama's job plan in the Senate has finally come out.

Durbin said.

There are some senators who are up for election who say I’m never gonna vote for a tax increase while I’m up for election, even on the wealthiest people. So, we’re not gonna have 100% Democratic senators. That’s why it needs to be bi-partisan and I hope we can find some Republicans who will join us to make it happen.

It is clear from the beginning that the plan was just a political farce to paint the Repubs as obstacles to progress. It does nothing to improve our country.. But it is politics.. I get it. The laughable part is that Obama is such a political novice that he didn't check with his fellow Dems before plopping it down.. They don't support it either. Once again Obama has built a bipartisan coalition.. Against his plan.

I give Obama credit for continuing to find new ways to prove how inconsequential he has become..

soonercruiser
9/30/2011, 09:12 PM
Obama is employing a trickle-down method to selling his jobs plan. Rather than taking it directly to the individual congress members (and yes, I know he did speak to them all a few weeks ago on nat'l tv, yes), he is taking it to the people who vote for the congress members in hopes that the voters will demand their reps/senators pass the jobs bill.

Perhaps he could employ a more direct approach. Vote for my jobs bill, or I'll campaign for you in the primaries instead of your opponents :P

Chris Matthews was the first beneficiary of the Obama "trickle down".
(filled his shoe, I believe...)

sappstuf
10/5/2011, 04:30 AM
Yesterday Mitch McConnell tried to attach Obama's job bill to the Chinese currency bill and called on the Senate to vote on the bill. Harry Reid blocked it.

Here is how it went down.

Reid used a procedural move known as “filling the tree”. Filling the tree involves loading legislation with amendments until the limit is reached. Since the majority leader enjoys the right of first recognition – which means he can offer amendments before anyone else – Reid managed to fill the tree before Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) could offer the president’s jobs plan as an amendment to a bill cracking down on Chinese currency manipulation.

Damn those Repubs for blocking Obama's bill... Wait. Harry Reid IS a Repub right?

CrimsonCream
10/5/2011, 10:17 AM
I give Obama credit for continuing to find new ways to prove how inconsequential he has become..

That is a fact.

Hardly anybody listens to the dumb@ss anymore. People are just tired of his bullsh!t, lies, excuses and his continued class warfare (and it is).

Sleaze actually makes Jimmy Carter look good.