PDA

View Full Version : Can Iowa State handle the whorns again?

delhalew
9/27/2011, 11:32 AM
Both undefeated. I like the little cyclones that could.

Sco
9/27/2011, 11:36 AM
I don't think so. Iowa State has been impressive, but it looks like * is starting to figure things out on offense.

SoonerAtKU
9/27/2011, 11:41 AM
Texas on offense last year looked like a bag of smashed *******s.

This year they are beginning to resemble a bag of mostly-whole *******s.

ISU loses this one.

tcrb
9/27/2011, 11:42 AM
I'm torn. On the one hand I'd like texass to be undefeated when we get them in two weeks. But I can't lie...I would take great delight if the cyclones took them down again.

caseysooner
Anyone could have figured out their offense against ucla. ISU will be better coached then ucla and I would say more fired up.

thecynic
god I hope so

badger
9/27/2011, 11:44 AM
If I haven't mentioned it already, vBookie now has Big 12's games posted, including Iowa State hosting Texas :D

7Nb2nKKl-hk

sooner518
9/27/2011, 11:48 AM
why are the stands so empty on that entire side except for the sideline endzone section? are those ALL ISU fans? surely not.... see around the 55 second mark of the video

sooneredaco
9/27/2011, 11:49 AM
Does anybody know the line for this game?

badger
9/27/2011, 11:52 AM

The one I posted yesterday on vBookie, so the one that should matter the most to you and your vCash, is Texas by 10. The over/under that I spotted earlier today was 48.

You should totally take that line. vBET HERE! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?159920-10-1-Big-12-Saturday-matchups-%28not-including-OU%29)

Mississippi Sooner
9/27/2011, 11:53 AM

Texas by 10 at the moment.

edit: or what badger said.

badger
9/27/2011, 11:54 AM
why are the stands so empty on that entire side except for the sideline endzone section? are those ALL ISU fans? surely not.... see around the 55 second mark of the video

Answer: The game was in Austin. Would YOU want to stay till the end to see your beloved team beat by measily Iowa State? :mack:

The funny thing about that was that Mack had a big point-at-the-screen campaign about needing the fans there. Somewhere, the epicly long thread where I posted pics after every UT loss last season except #7 (it was getting old by that point) there were more pics of UT fans just being miserable :D

sooneredaco
9/27/2011, 12:00 PM
The one I posted yesterday on vBookie, so the one that should matter the most to you and your vCash, is Texas by 10. The over/under that I spotted earlier today was 48.

You should totally take that line. vBET HERE! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?159920-10-1-Big-12-Saturday-matchups-%28not-including-OU%29)

Done! I Vput my Vmoney where my Vmouth is!

sooner518
9/27/2011, 12:07 PM
Answer: The game was in Austin. Would YOU want to stay till the end to see your beloved team beat by measily Iowa State? :mack:

The funny thing about that was that Mack had a big point-at-the-screen campaign about needing the fans there. Somewhere, the epicly long thread where I posted pics after every UT loss last season except #7 (it was getting old by that point) there were more pics of UT fans just being miserable :D

well, I was more interested in why that entire section was still full. from the way the players are looking, it appears that the fans are in front of them, but there is an entire section, across the field from them that looks entirely full. does ISU even have that many total fans?

badger
9/27/2011, 12:22 PM
well, I was more interested in why that entire section was still full. from the way the players are looking, it appears that the fans are in front of them, but there is an entire section, across the field from them that looks entirely full. does ISU even have that many total fans?

I thought about that too, but when you think about it, how often does Iowa State get to play in the state of Texas? In the Austin area? With Texas itself, maybe once or twice a season. Maybe once every 3-4 years in Austin.

They really recruit Texas hard, so families have to take the few opportunities they can to see their sons play for ISU. And wow, what a homecoming those Texas players had :)

EDIT: Just counted the current ISU roster. They have 23 players from Texas. Holy cow, even I didn't think they had THAT many.

tfoolry
9/27/2011, 12:41 PM
'Clowns have a better than average QB who's been able to bring his team back from behind with wins against 2 very average teams with no team speed and first yr QBs and one Div 1AA team. UConn almost knocked him out of the game by bringing everyone up & applying pressure, thanks to Iowa's blueprint (Iowa dropped back in coverage while the isu QB beat them with his feet). The 'Clowns are in for a rude beat down back to reality by the whorns as this will be the first time they go up against talented & gifted players. The only thing that keeps it somewhat close is texass will go conservative after they're up big, which may allow isu to score some garbage points in 4th if they're not too demoralized at that point.

LVSOONER15
9/27/2011, 12:42 PM
This seems to be a close game, but in the end I think the whorns win.

PrideMom
9/27/2011, 12:50 PM
It depends if Texass puts enough money in the refs' pockets.....

badger
9/27/2011, 01:19 PM
The 'Clowns are in for a rude beat down back to reality by the whorns as this will be the first time they go up against talented & gifted players.

I heard that Mack's speech to players before Iowa State last year was that it needed to be a statement. OU beat Iowa State last week by XX, so we need to top that.

:mack: Didn't work out so well. :mack:

Sooner_Tuf
9/27/2011, 01:31 PM
Two years in a row might be too much to ask. But man I would laugh if they lose to Iowa State, Baylor, and KSU again this year. KSU might just be able to do it.

I suspect just getting rid of Muschamp will improve the whorns enough to get by.

OUNASH
9/27/2011, 01:31 PM
I want sexat to be undefeated when we play. So when we beat them by 50 it will hurt more.

tfoolry
9/27/2011, 01:39 PM
“I thought they out-coached us, they out-played us, they out-hit us,” Brown said. “They beat us on our own turf, so it’ll be a real challenge for us to go up there.”

In other words, they're taking the game serious this year. This game will not be close.

delhalew
9/27/2011, 01:46 PM
Two years in a row might be too much to ask. But man I would laugh if they lose to Iowa State, Baylor, and KSU again this year. KSU might just be able to do it.

I suspect just getting rid of Muschamp will improve the whorns enough to get by.

Muschamp was a good coach in a bad situation. Coach in waiting equals fail.

OhU1
9/27/2011, 02:00 PM
“I thought they out-coached us, they out-played us, they out-hit us,” Brown said. “They beat us on our own turf, so it’ll be a real challenge for us to go up there.”

In other words, they're taking the game serious this year. This game will not be close.

You forgot to mention an old UT Texcus: "our players lifted weights in the summer this year".