PDA

View Full Version : 39 points better than Ball State?

8timechamps
9/26/2011, 06:53 PM
It's my obligatory weekly point spread thread. I said that last week, I thought that 21 points seemed high for the Missouri game, and this week, I kinda have the same feeling.

39 points (although, it's close to 37 now) is a ton.

Ball state dismantled Army last week 48-21, but hasn't really beaten anybody decent (the only good team they've played is USF, and they lost by 30).

I can see us coming out and absolutely bitch slapping BSU. At least that's what I want to see.

cleller
9/26/2011, 06:56 PM
Those over/under Vbets cause me much mental debate.

8timechamps
9/26/2011, 06:59 PM
Those over/under Vbets cause me much mental debate.

Me too...I would never bet on the Sooners, but vBets are a different story. Maybe Badger will set the spread at 10 and the over/under at 7. :P

BoulderSooner79
9/26/2011, 07:00 PM
If you read the post-Mizzou game break-down threads, we shouldn't be 39 point favorites over Norman High.;)

But I agree - 39 seems like too much.

OUNASH
9/26/2011, 07:01 PM
After last weeks showing I think we come out and beat them by 50.

8timechamps
9/26/2011, 07:06 PM
If you read the post-Mizzou game break-down threads, we shouldn't be 39 point favorites over Norman High.;)

But I agree - 39 seems like too much.

I've often thought that if you didn't follow the Sooners, and stumbled on this site after a win (well, a win with less than a 40 point margin), you'd think we lost.

I guess that's what makes this site fun. I guess.

GottaHavePride
9/26/2011, 07:15 PM
I've often thought that if you didn't follow the Sooners, and stumbled on this site after a win (well, a win with less than a 40 point margin), you'd think we lost.

I guess that's what makes this site fun. I guess.

Hell, after 77-0 over A&M we had people bitching that the 3rd string wasn't trying hard enough in the 4th quarter. ;)

8timechamps
9/26/2011, 07:25 PM
Hell, after 77-0 over A&M we had people bitching that the 3rd string wasn't trying hard enough in the 4th quarter. ;)

Well....were they?! :O

gaylordfan1
9/26/2011, 08:46 PM
I want another let down week! Only so the players are even more pissed for *.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/27/2011, 09:20 AM
21 points wouldn't have been high for the Missouri game if Stills played. Everything changes when you have a double-team worthy receiver on both sides of the field and Oklahoma's added offensive productivity with the addition of Stills would have in turn, negatively impacted Missouri's offensive output.

Sooner in Tampa
9/27/2011, 09:24 AM
USF hung 70 on Ball St.

I don't see any reason why we don't cover that spread.

rekamrettuB
9/27/2011, 09:25 AM
21 was high due to the hangover of a big game. I would not play Ball State +40. Maybe a backdoor cover here because, you would think after two close, tough game, Stoops might rest some players for the following week. Plus, you have the look ahead factor of Texas next week.

badger
9/27/2011, 09:26 AM
I will highly question your Sooner fandom if you don't take OU to cover that spread at vBookie.* Your confidence isn't shaken in the Sooners already, is it? Just because meaningless poll put LSU first for week? Just because meaningless Mizzou scored on its opening drives? Just because Texas isn't 5-7 yet?

* If you bet with real money that's your business. When you vBet with vCash, I will question your every non-Sooner move :D

soonerboy_odanorth
9/27/2011, 12:35 PM
USF hung 70 on Ball St.

I don't see any reason why we don't cover that spread.

And by 70, you mean 37, right? (Psst. The 70 that USF hung was on FCS Florida A&M.)

Still, USF did win by 30. Another 9 isn't out of the realm of possibility... I just don't see it for us. We'll sleep walk through another one.

Sooner in Tampa
9/27/2011, 12:40 PM
And by 70, you mean 37, right? (Psst. The 70 that USF hung was on FCS Florida A&M.)

Still, USF did win by 30. Another 9 isn't out of the realm of possibility... I just don't see it for us. We'll sleep walk through another one.

OH...****...your right...I got my cupcakes mixed up...my bad

FirstandGoal
9/27/2011, 01:22 PM
There are many reasons why I think we don't cover. Not having faith in my team is absolutely NOT one of them.

First, no matter what the coaches say we're already game planning for *. Why else schedule a cupcake before *, if you didn't plan on working on them for a couple of weeks?
Second, I expect to see a vanilla game on both sides of the ball. Why show anything this week? I say lets play solid, yet conservative ball and get everyone out of this one healthy. Let the 2nd and 3rd stringers get in some snaps.
Last, I'm not entirely convinced Ball State is a "cupcake."

I predict we'll win by around 21-28 points and the rest of the idiot sportswriters can take a big dump on us right before we beat the **** outta *.

8timechamps
9/27/2011, 03:41 PM
I will highly question your Sooner fandom if you don't take OU to cover that spread at vBookie.* Your confidence isn't shaken in the Sooners already, is it? Just because meaningless poll put LSU first for week? Just because meaningless Mizzou scored on its opening drives? Just because Texas isn't 5-7 yet?

* If you bet with real money that's your business. When you vBet with vCash, I will question your every non-Sooner move :D

OF COURSE I bet my Vcash on the Sooners. It's the only betting I do. I learned in my youth that I suck at real betting.

ocsooner
9/27/2011, 03:58 PM
I predict we'll win by around 21-28 points and the rest of the idiot sportswriters can take a big dump on us right before we beat the **** outta *.

That was going to be my point, and I just wasted time reading through every post so that I could see if someone else beat me. I'll say it anyway...

It's just so that the liberal pro-sec media can say that we suck and drop us to 5th in the poles all because we didn't hit water at the bottom of a drought parched Oklahoma stretch of dirt after we pounded some no-name east-coast team as deep as we could bury them while we played some out-dated version of football.

I feel better now.

Peach Fuzz
9/27/2011, 07:10 PM
?, how was mizzou high when we played like shjt and almost hit 21?

Curly Bill
9/27/2011, 08:42 PM
There are many reasons why I think we don't cover. Not having faith in my team is absolutely NOT one of them.

First, no matter what the coaches say we're already game planning for *. Why else schedule a cupcake before *, if you didn't plan on working on them for a couple of weeks?
Second, I expect to see a vanilla game on both sides of the ball. Why show anything this week? I say lets play solid, yet conservative ball and get everyone out of this one healthy. Let the 2nd and 3rd stringers get in some snaps.
Last, I'm not entirely convinced Ball State is a "cupcake."

Yup, they'd never admit it but you can bet on it.

budbarrybob
9/28/2011, 12:46 PM
Vbet ur life on covering. Which is like saying don't count on it.

8timechamps
9/28/2011, 12:50 PM
Vbet ur life on covering. Which is like saying don't count on it.

Heh

I may adopt that as my new motto.