PDA

View Full Version : Another Nice Girl Marries A Bad Boy Loser Story

lexsooner
9/26/2011, 05:43 PM
A co-worker got married recently. She is from a Kentucky country background. Her Mom is a chain-smoking, bad attitude retired secretary and Dad is a disabled bigot who tools around in a handicapped scooter which probably has a Rebel flag on the back. However, somehow the genes fell her way and she turned out to be a nice, sweet young woman who graduated with honors from college and does not have an ounce of her parents' sour attitude or bigotry. Anyway, Kari just got married to a loser who fixes garage doors and has enough baggage to fill up the back of his Chevy Tacoma - ex-wives, kids, cheating, etc. Now don't get me wrong - there is nothing wrong with his occupation, but character-wise, this guy is way beneath her, in the opinion of everyone who knows them. So she got married a few weeks ago and my co-workers who went said Daddy wheeled her down the isle and the wheels of his scooter got tangled with her wedding dress and the best man almost fell down laughing. And the groom decided there would be one drink of choice at the reception: Bud Light. No, I am NOT joking. Each can of Bud Light had a huggie with "Kari and Ricky - Married 9/10/2011" on it, to go with the pulled pork.

What is it with nice girls who fall for bad boys? I guess I have seen it enough to know this will not end well. I know women like bad boys - but - the smart ones have flings with them but don't necessarily marry them. Or the first husband was a bad boy, the true love who just could not stay married, so she leaves him and the second husband is the stable but not so exciting nice guy. I could see the latter scenario in Kari's case. It must be in the genes of women or something. As a guy I find bad girls exciting, but I sure as heck would never marry one.

TUSooner
9/26/2011, 06:16 PM
That's a mouthful of post. Maybe she got tired of waiting for lexsooner?

OhU1
9/26/2011, 06:17 PM
Are you sure this was a real wedding and not a set up for a goofy Bud Light commercial for next year's Super Bowl?

Sounds like you can take the Kari out of the trailer park but can't take the trailer park out of the Kari. Typical I think. Many (most?) people from a lower or working class background have a hard time breaking out of that mold. The class system is alive and well and requires no one to enforce its rules.

Lott's Bandana
9/26/2011, 06:22 PM
Women have a hard time sometimes looking in the mirror and seeing how wonderful they are, especially if they have a POS father. Often they feel (wrongly of course) that they don't deserve a good guy because of their upbringing and discount their own successes.

3rdgensooner
9/26/2011, 06:37 PM
Maybe he's great in the sack.

8timechamps
9/26/2011, 06:46 PM
I learned a loooooong time ago that I will never figure out women. I gave up even trying, and I have to say, it's worked pretty good.

Maybe she'll be the happiest woman alive with this guy...different strokes.

lexsooner
9/26/2011, 07:19 PM
Are you sure this was a real wedding and not a set up for a goofy Bud Light commercial for next year's Super Bowl?

Sounds like you can take the Kari out of the trailer park but can't take the trailer park out of the Kari. Typical I think. Many (most?) people from a lower or working class background have a hard time breaking out of that mold. The class system is alive and well and requires no one to enforce its rules.

You nailed it. Lots of the secretaries and administrative staff at work are really decent, respectable and attractive country gals who are married to or dating trailer park losers. Not sure they feel they are "deserving" of any better, or that is just what they are used to growing up. Interestingly, what I notice is these gals are really not used to anyone listening to them or being respectful of their opinions. I think much of it is Southern working culture which is probably perpetuated by their significant others. When you engage them in conversation it's like they are so thrilled someone cares what they think.

mgsooner
9/26/2011, 08:56 PM
Too many words

MR2-Sooner86
9/26/2011, 09:13 PM
It's because women are idiots and easily tricked.

Memtig14
9/26/2011, 09:32 PM
Her Mom is a chain-smoking, bad attitude retired secretary and Dad is a disabled bigot who tools around in a handicapped scooter which probably has a Rebel flag on the back..

BIGOTA bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

I'm just sayin.....

3rdgensooner
9/26/2011, 09:48 PM
I'm just sayin..... You forgot this one

It's because women are idiots and easily tricked.

Memtig14
9/26/2011, 09:52 PM
You forgot this oneOops.......sorry! :)

Sexist A form of discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, with such attitudes being based on beliefs in traditional stereotypes of gender roles.

Memtig14
9/26/2011, 09:53 PM
I'm just sayin.........

NormanPride
9/27/2011, 07:28 AM
Sounds like Memtig is a bit sensitive about the rebel flag on their own scooter. ;)

cleller
9/27/2011, 08:53 AM
Girls are attracted to men with a confident air. Goes back to the instincts of seeking protection, and a good reproductive partner. Sometimes the "nice guys" lack this confidence/machismo early in life. The more a girl is governed by her emotions, the more this applies.

kbsooner21
9/27/2011, 09:28 AM
Sounds like Lex is in love :D

KantoSooner
9/27/2011, 09:40 AM
Until such time as a given woman stops hanging out with obvious losers, she loses my sympathy for the drama/tragedy of her life.
You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

You want excitement in life? Go rock climbing or white water kayaking.
You want a caring relationship? Leave off the game playing and 'love tests' bs.

8timechamps
9/27/2011, 03:44 PM
I'm really just waiting for Dean's post in this thread. Everything else is just filler material. :)

OrlandoSooner
9/28/2011, 10:20 AM
A friend owned a book that was titled "Everything that I know About Women." It was a hardback book with about 200 pages. I opened it up and every page was a blank sheet of paper.

SoonerLaw09
9/28/2011, 10:26 AM
Baby you can't lose it
You'd be mad to choose it
Donšt you know he was born to do you down
You can't cheat your fate girl
Check the time and date girl
Don't you know he was born to do you down

But guys who show how much they care
Try hard to please and get nowhere
You know that every girl round here got built-in bastard radar

(little snippet from a song I know)

OULenexaman
9/28/2011, 10:40 AM
what the hell is a Chevy Tacoma?

lexsooner
9/28/2011, 10:51 AM
what the hell is a Chevy Tacoma?

Lol. Tahoe, I meant.

nativesooner
9/28/2011, 11:48 AM
Women have a hard time sometimes looking in the mirror and seeing how wonderful they are, especially if they have a POS father. Often they feel (wrongly of course) that they don't deserve a good guy because of their upbringing and discount their own successes.

This is true! Sadly, I know a few nice girls that were/are exactly like this!

Skysooner
9/28/2011, 02:20 PM
Until such time as a given woman stops hanging out with obvious losers, she loses my sympathy for the drama/tragedy of her life.
You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

You want excitement in life? Go rock climbing or white water kayaking.
You want a caring relationship? Leave off the game playing and 'love tests' bs.

I can say for sure that white water kayaking is really exciting, really scary, and somewhat dangerous. I am enjoying learning it for sure.

8timechamps
9/28/2011, 02:45 PM
I can say for sure that white water kayaking is really exciting, really scary, and somewhat dangerous. I am enjoying learning it for sure.

I'll stick to the boring rafting tours...I'm too wimpy for the WW Kayaking. But, good for you for doing it!

stoopified
9/28/2011, 04:47 PM
What about us nice guys who marry bad girls?

stoopified
9/28/2011, 04:48 PM
What about us nice guys who marry bad girls? Forfot :D

Jacie
9/28/2011, 06:34 PM
What about us nice guys who marry bad girls?

You have my sympathy unless you are one of those guys who gets off on seeing his wife getting it from another guy in which case, enjoy!

C&CDean
9/28/2011, 07:24 PM
I'm a bad boy who married a good girl. However, it took me 3 tries to find a good girl. The first two were ****s of the highest order. Kind of a bad boy meets ****ed up girls who ain't worth killing scenario.

What good girls like/see in bad boys is: confidence, animal magnetism, charm, a need for someone to take care of them (mother issues?) (or daddy issues depending on who has the issues), and possibly good looks.

Here's the deal though: if you're a bad boy who finds the right girl, you ain't a bad boy no more. That simple. Besides, there really ain't no such thing as a "good girl." They're all bad, some just not quite as bad as most - cause most are ****ed up broads with so many pms/insecurity/psycho/daddy issues that makes them damn near unbearable. No, completely unbearable. I thank God every day for the woman in my life. Needle in a haystack/diamond in the rough/one in a million/etc. to be sure.

8timechamps
9/28/2011, 07:26 PM
I'm a bad boy who married a good girl. However, it took me 3 tries to find a good girl. The first two were ****s of the highest order. Kind of a bad boy meets ****ed up girls who ain't worth killing scenario.

What good girls like/see in bad boys is: confidence, animal magnetism, charm, a need for someone to take care of them (mother issues?) (or daddy issues depending on who has the issues), and possibly good looks.

Here's the deal though: if you're a bad boy who finds the right girl, you ain't a bad boy no more. That simple. Besides, there really ain't no such thing as a "good girl." They're all bad, some just not quite as bad as most - cause most are ****ed up broads with so many pms/insecurity/psycho/daddy issues that makes them damn near unbearable. No, completely unbearable. I thank God every day for the woman in my life. Needle in a haystack/diamond in the rough/one in a million/etc. to be sure.

Took you long enough, you old ****!

THE END

Thread closed.

proud gonzo
9/29/2011, 11:16 PM
yeah, chick obviously has daddy issues and low self-esteem.

SicEmBaylor
9/29/2011, 11:29 PM
Nice guys do not win. Ever. They simply don't. Never in the history of man since he rose from the swamp to the stars has a nice guy won.

C&CDean
9/30/2011, 07:58 AM
I'm a nice guy Sicem. And I is a winnah!

Soonerjeepman
9/30/2011, 12:56 PM
funny thread...

being 47 divorced, teacher, coach, dad...good at house stuff, cooking, cleaning, etc....and workin on cars, house etc...decent shape, I consider myself a nice guy...

going out with my friends, all the guys my age are in "affliction" (if that is even the right word) shirts that are too small, $200 jeans with more crap on the back pockets than girls, styled hair..etc..and they all have the attractive women....I just shake my head...buddy says..that's ok, you're a NICE GUY.....GREAT! the kiss of death! lol...

ah well, at this point a lot happier by myself than with a psycho...

but yes, nice guys do finish last....

oumartin
9/30/2011, 01:39 PM
Just cuz she graduated with honors obviously doesn't make her smart..

Glad you have your sh!t in order and know better than to drive a "chevy tacoma"