PDA

View Full Version : College Football Surrenders to the SEC

Sabanball
9/26/2011, 05:28 PM
Too funny.....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204422404576592773857297688.html?m od=googlenews_wsj

BigTip
9/26/2011, 09:12 PM
Interesting that he gave us this much:

"The No. 1 ranking: The rest of college football will concede that Oklahoma is not the nation's best team, even though the Sooners were the preseason No. 1, are 3-0 and have won the hardest true road game thus far (at then-No. 5 Florida State)."

8timechamps
9/26/2011, 09:31 PM
Realignment: West Virginia will remain in the Big East now that it knows what it would be getting into in the SEC. Texas A&M is still welcome to join, and Missouri may be considered as well, although both schools have been reminded that they would be forfeiting the right to ever win another conference championship in football, considering they can't even win an inferior Big 12. (A&M's chances of winning its first Big 12 title since 1998 took a serious hit in the Aggies' 30-29 come-from-ahead loss Saturday to Oklahoma State.)

The entire article was funny, but this stood out to me.

OU_Sooners75
9/26/2011, 09:46 PM
SEC is the greatest Professional Football League in America!

Blue
9/27/2011, 12:45 AM
Another solid contribution by SECShillSabanball.

En_Fuego
9/27/2011, 01:47 AM

lol

Sooner_Tuf
9/27/2011, 03:21 AM
I don't know why ESPiN is pretending to be surprised that LSU jumped OU in the AP Poll. Starting with college gameday final saturday night they were pimping the idea of LSU or Bama. I understand the agenda but I don't like the fact they pretend to be journalists just reporting the facts.

I'm not saying OU is a clear #1 team, as I don't believe they are. But it is ESPiN that always held to not dropping someone until they lose. While they love to pimp the controversy of underdogs like Boise or TCU this exactly how they have made sure they didn't get into the Title Game. Because they know that will reduce the viewership for the big game.

l

BoomerJ
9/27/2011, 10:05 AM
SEC is the greatest Professional Football League in America!

Could that be because their players are getting paid the most?

sooneredaco
9/27/2011, 12:07 PM
I feel sick to my stomach

Sooner1972
9/27/2011, 12:24 PM
My question is why don't they just secede and sort of develop their own semi pro league? It's obvious that they look down on the lack of competition elsewhere, and it sort of takes away from the fun for both parties when they beat everyone else's best teams by a trillion points (i.e. the MNC every year, Oregon, WV, & PSU this year), so why don't they just form their entity outside of the NCAA and then develop their own playoff system at the end of the year? They could even expand up to 16 or 20 with the likes of FSU and VT and then just be done with it all.

3rdgensooner
9/27/2011, 12:27 PM
On a related note:

Big 12 remains atop conference rankings (http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/27207/big-12-remains-atop-conference-rankings)

Last week the Big 12 overtook the SEC as the top conference in the nation in ESPN Stats & Info’s Conference Power Rankings –- a system that that equally weighs the rankings from the AP Poll and a compilation of available BCS computer rankings in order to determine which conference is the strongest and weakest from top to bottom.

The Big 12 remains atop the rankings despite the Texas A&M Aggies (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/245/texas-a&m-aggies) falling out the Top 10 in the AP Poll. Overall, the Big 12 went 3-0 in non-conference games this past weekend, including wins over Miami (FL) and Nevada. The Big 12 is 26-2 in games outside of the conference, which is the best non-divisional win percentage of any conference (SEC is 25-4).

The LSU Tigers (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/99/lsu-tigers) jumped the Oklahoma Sooners (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/201/oklahoma-sooners) to take the top spot in the AP Top 25 Poll. It is the first time that LSU has been ranked No. 1 since the final poll in 2007 when the Tigers won the BCS National Championship. The SEC has three teams ranked in the Top 10 and five teams in the Top 25 (tied with the Big 12 for most of any conference). Overall, nine of the 12 SEC teams received at least one AP vote, while eight of the 10 Big 12 teams got at least one vote.

The Big Ten saw the greatest jump of any conference after Week 4. Eight teams won games outside of the conference, but only one win was against another AQ conference (Ohio State beat Colorado). The Big Ten has four 4-0 teams all ranked in the AP Top 25 as the heart of the conference schedule begins this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend, look for big inter-conference matchups that could alter next week’s rankings. Future SEC member Texas A&M takes on Arkansas in a matchup of AP Top 20 teams looking to bounce back after tough conference losses. Also, MWC member Boise State hosts Nevada looking to avenge last season’s loss and represent its new conference.

For a brief recap on how we rank the conferences, click here (http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/8330/conference-power-rankings-week-5).

PalmBeachSooner
9/27/2011, 01:44 PM
I liked the part about over signing to build a better program. I'm not sure how the SEC or USC gets away with it.

sooneredaco
9/27/2011, 02:03 PM
A&M will go ahead ruin Any good rep the Big 12-2-1 has going for it this weekend when they get their a$$es handed to them by the pigs

jkjsooner
9/27/2011, 02:31 PM

I know some people like him but I'm sick of his SEC/Bama sunshine pumping. Why he thinks we give a crap is beyond me. He needs to go back where he came from.

sooneredaco
9/27/2011, 02:35 PM
I know some people like him but I'm sick of his SEC/Bama sunshine pumping. Why he thinks we give a crap is beyond me. He needs to go back where he came from.

Tell us how you really feel

The Ghost of Mex
9/27/2011, 10:52 PM
The SEC is shiny!!! Weeeeeeeeee!!! Crown em' :jaded: