PDA

View Full Version : 9/28: OU hosts Texas

badger
9/26/2011, 02:35 PM
There's such a big void between Monday Night Football and Thursday's college game. Let's fill it with a top 25 volleyball matchup!

The Sooners host Texas. Both are ranked in the top 25, although Texas technically has the higher ranking (till we beat them!)

It's even televised on ESPNU!

You have till the opening serve at 7 p.m. Wednesday to cast your vBets.

Please note that college volleyball is a "best of 5" series, where the teams will only play games 4 and 5 if necessary. Therefore, if you think that OU will beat Texas overall by winning 3 games, take "OU wins outright." If you think Texas will win in 3, take "Texas wins outright." If you think OU will not beat Texas but will take one or two of the games, there's that option too.

Goooo Sooners!

Mad Dog Madsen
9/27/2011, 12:43 PM
Is there a way I can withdraw my bet or at least reduce the wager? I thought this was for the football game... I'm sorry, I got excited. :distress:

badger
9/27/2011, 12:49 PM
I am sorry, but there are two very important rules to consider:

1- All vModador decisions in vBookie are final.
2- All vBets placed are final.

It's not because I'm trying to be all hardarsed about it or want to keep your vCash, but rather, because I know of no way to refund vCash for one and not everyone... and once vBets are settled, I know of no way to undo the settling. Soooo... mistakes made in vBookie are not easily undone. Or able to be undone at all, to my knowledge.

Soo.... cheer extra-hard for OU on Wednesday, I guess? They really do have a good chance to win this!

Mad Dog Madsen
9/27/2011, 01:48 PM
Darn! Oh well thanks anyway. I'll just cheer extra hard for Carlee!!! ...I mean the whole team. :smug:

badger
9/27/2011, 01:57 PM
Congrats, you have just earned yourself a photo of Carlee playing volleyball:
http://ou.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2011/08/29/volleymain.jpg

badger
9/28/2011, 09:09 PM
Well crap, Texas just came back from a 2-game deficit to tie it 2-2. The set 5 tiebreaker is coming up to determine whether the "OU wins outright" bettors get vPaid, or nobody does.

A few things on OU volleyball.

1- Santiago has this team SOOOO much better off than his predecessor. It's amazing, because I didn't know OU was capable of having a good volleyball program, caught between Nebrasky and Texas. However, Santiago took a so-so program that wasn't making the postseason and turned into a ranked program that actually has beaten Texas (OU's only two wins over Texas have come during Santiago's coaching time).

2- Carlee is not just a gimmick. I wasn't sure what to expect when I heard that she got a fifth year to play volleyball, but she is showing signs of being a top volleyball recruit out of college. Makes me almost wish she could have played both volleyball and basketball all four years.

http://normantranscript.com/archive/x151679900/g258000000000000000b2fdd3c82b48211d29e45f3e47d617b cb65a0842.jpg

3- Volleyball serves that suck have got to be frustrating. They look easier than free throws, yet teams clank them almost as often. It's pretty amazing.

4- Go Sooners. Beat Texas. Seriously. We need this win more than your program. :mack:

badger
9/28/2011, 09:28 PM
BOOMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer.....
9/29/2011, 07:47 AM
SOOOONNNNEEERRRRR!!!1!!1

I actually watched a little of this game. Good win and always nice to knock off the whorns!